• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

GenG

Smash Lord
Fox looks awesome for my eyes, face included. It now looks more like a videogame character and adds variety to the SSB cast.

If the new dash attack sux we can always jumpcancel his dash into an usmash :p

Chaotic Yoshi

Smash Lord
I'm shocked and appauled that no one has made an OVER 9000!!! joke with the firefox screen... It's almost perfect for it... I would edit it and make a screen myself but I'm at work >_>

Sandy

Smash Champion
*imagines doing a forward smash with mario by forming "kamehameha" motion with the wii-mote on one hand and the nunchuck on the other*

heh. maybe. :p

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Looks like the same old fox. He's probably slower now because he is described as "one of many so-called speed characters" instead of the fastest character in the game.
Captain Falcon was the fastest Character in the game

MarsBitrona

Smash Apprentice
This is, by a significant margin, the best design for Fox ever. I have yet to see an image of him in Brawl where he didn't look ridiculously amazing. This is especially nice after his overly-generic and uninteresting style in Melee, although they admitedly had nothing to work with beyond Star Fox 64, so there was a certain required amount of invention there. But this blows all previous versions out of the sky.

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
I must say Fox is one of the coolest looking character next to Pit and Mario in Brawl. It's time I've learned how to use him. I wonder what other Star Fox characters might look like.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
They could've given me just that pic with firefox and I'd be happy [well, not really, but it does brighten up the blog]. It looks so sweet ^.^ I hope SWF adds that to the avatar selection so I can use it.

A-Laon

Smash Master
Ah yes, and I remember when the entire Brawl forum was just people *****ing about how horrible Fox looked and how badly his appearance had been ruined...

Dumb *****es.

Rash

Smash Ace
Ah yes, and I remember when the entire Brawl forum was just people *****ing about how horrible Fox looked and how badly his appearance had been ruined...
Totally. :laugh:

After you get used to the boots (considering how their design is a departure from what we saw in Melee), the model for Fox is clearly and undeniably the best he's had. It works well for Brawl, too.

I really like how they took some of the best parts of all Fox's styles, updated them, and combined them with his Command look. It's great to see that, while Fox looks somewhat similar in ways to previous models, he's still unique and fresh. This is what gives me hope for other returning characters; I can't wait to see how Sakurai and Sora handled remodeling those we know so well from Melee.

SSoH

Smash Journeyman

Dumb *****es.
thought he looked pretty **** good. Only thing I saw was that fox looked sort of "younger" appearing. Sort of like the baby face of a fox :p

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Er... Not really. Shiek was the fastest possible character, while Fox had the fastest potential speed (although no one could really use it).
Captain Falcon is the fastest
Yoshi has the highest jump
Link has the best long range arseanal
Mario has the best all around move-set

It's all in the Super Smash instruction booklet....

When it comes to running, it is true that Falcon is the fastest. But when it comes to moves, Fox excels there.
Yeah thats what i mean

greenblob

Smash Lord
The official Nintendo SSBM guide gave Kirby a 4/5 for power.
As a rule of thumb, always assume that whatever Nintendo says about their games (except for the most basic info) is inaccurate.

Anyway, Falcon has the fastest dash speed (unless you're Fox-trotting with Fox).

Infil

Smash Journeyman
Heh, speaking of the official Nintendo Melee guide, does anyone own a copy? Has it been scanned online or something? I used to collect a few Nintendo Power guides, and I'd love to see the Melee one.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Falcon has the fastest dash speed (unless you're Fox-trotting with Fox).
Falcon and Fox have equal speed at a full run (tested with an AR on the home run contest stage, they both kept up at full run) though Fox can be faster with Foxtrotting.

Black/Light

Smash Master
. . . .Is it just me or did the post info for this update sound kinda ". . .Meh"?

I mean, he used ". . . " so much and he didn't put one "!".

This was a . . . .meh, update to me (he sounded bored too. . . ). Mainly because if Yos aint confirmed than I dont care about his stage which I knew a good deal about. . and it lacked excitement mean't (Throw me a few !!! here or there. )

Oh well, tomorrow is another day (^_^).

RPK

Smash Lord
Plus the stage seemed kind of...meh...okay the seasons chage, the center platform tilits, there are shy guys, and there is a ghost that comes up to save you every once in a while...I think they could have done better with it ^^;;Its probably just the way the stage looks consisting of 1 tilting platform -_- thats the only thing that bugs me

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
I like the stage i think the look is great plus i have always wanted a yoshi's island stage. But please you they just confirm Yoshi!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom