• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnareRush

Big Loada
The stage looks gorgeus ^^, and I think he was kinda laid back about it 'cause it's a laid back, gentle stage. Like he says "Mmm... It feels nice and peaceful here."
Anyways, I can't wait to see some more of this stage in motion. That scribbly effect it has is too nice!

Infil

Smash Journeyman
I think people who want a darker stage will like the Snake stage. From that one trailer (and screenshots), it looks to be pretty dark. And that castle-type stage. I'm sure there'll be good variety in the stages.

Snakz

Smash Ace
odd, they STILL don't have shadows...

I wonder if the sloped ends will have any effect on grabbing the edge, cause it kinda looks hard to grab on to

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I can't tell if we can hit shyguys this time. I loved them in Melee. Actually, I'd practically go outta my way to kill them =)

Rash

Smash Ace
Believe me, this stage looks simple now, and it'll end up as one of the more simple stages in the end, I'd guess. However, once we all actually play the stage, I'm sure any problems with its design (as we see it now) will go away.

Think about. Shy guys flying around, the support ghost, seasonal changes. It's all enough to keep the stage from getting boring. I'd rather see this two-platform effort than to see another "Yoshi's Story" stage like we saw in Melee, which dissapointingly for the most part followed battlefield's boring three-platform design.

Besides, here Sakurai says "the central platform tilts to and fro." Obviously we can't see what it's like to fight on a tilting platform from the screenshots alone; we'll have to play the stage to find out.

GenG

Smash Lord
Simplistic? Do people want fast scrolled stages where people like Bowser can't possibly keep it up to the pace? These stages beat the purpose of fighting, instead is a race for survival. We need more "fair" stages with predictable hazards (you should seem them coming and use for your advantage), because Melee was totally screwed in this aspect: Arwings random shooting from the background, explosive things, messed up scroll, rotating stages (lol), giant stages where fast and projectile based characters ruled and slow ones couldn't keep to the them, awkward shapes etc.

The already revealed stages look OK for me, but there should be giant and scroll stages to match everyone tastes.

NukeA6

Smash Master
The stage looks nice but once I get Brawl, I won't care about it. I never liked any of Yoshi's stages (except for the one from Super Mario World).

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
A new neutral stage style. Moving platform. Nice music. Seasonal changes.

Only an idiot wouldn't be satisified.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Simplistic? Do people want fast scrolled stages where people like Bowser can't possibly keep it up to the pace? These stages beat the purpose of fighting, instead is a race for survival. We need more "fair" stages with predictable hazards (you should seem them coming and use for your advantage), because Melee was totally screwed in this aspect: Arwings random shooting from the background, explosive things, messed up scroll, rotating stages (lol), giant stages where fast and projectile based characters ruled and slow ones couldn't keep to the them, awkward shapes etc.

The already revealed stages look OK for me, but there should be giant and scroll stages to match everyone tastes.
Don't worry, I'm sure there's a huge stage or two.

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
I like the look of this stage. I think it would have been cool if the stage changed with the actual seasons in the real world based on your Wii settings. Like how Madden does.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I like the look of this stage. I think it would have been cool if the stage changed with the actual seasons in the real world based on your Wii settings. Like how Madden does.
I don't.

Being in Florida, I'd never get to play a level with snow.

hellsoldierx15

Smash Journeyman
i like how sakurai is keeping the trend of changing backgrounds, time, season, etc...i hope to see more stages with that feature.

hopefully wario has some traction. it looks like he could fall off there!:chuckle:

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
For some odd reason, I'm getting the impression that Wario's gonna be a combination of Mario and Donkey Kong... I don't know why but it would be cool.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Is that Wario's f-smash like Mario's old one in SSB?
Or is that his f-throw which just seems identical to Mario's?

I

i8waffles612

So this pretty much confirms Yoshi XD

Off topic: Woohoo!! I'm finally 15!!!!!!!!!!!

GenG

Smash Lord
Is that Wario's f-smash like Mario's old one in SSB?
Or is that his f-throw which just seems identical to Mario's?
Wario did that move in the Nintendo World trailer and I think it has enough startup to be considered his fsmash.

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
He does that same move in the second trailer from a standing position, so it's not a dash attack, and there was no "smash attack sparkle," so I think it actually might be his ftilt.

Solid_Sneak

Smash Apprentice
If you ak me Yoshi was 'confirmed' as soon as they announced Brawl. Why would they get rid of him if this is a "Nintendo All-Star" game?

What I'm wondering is why Link's sword is always so glowy! Looks like they added that effect for every time you attack with it.

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
Nice. The stage looks like Yoshi's Island DS (which I am currently obsessively playing). Hopefully Yoshi will be better. His Egg Throw should be like it is in the Yoshi's Island games. Though that might make him a little overpowered.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
I seriously can't wait to play this stage. I like the design, the ghost platform, the seasons, and is not large and easy to recover. It will definitely be my favorite stage from what I have seen so far. I think they should give Yoshi that aiming(actual aimer)for eggs as well. That would make up for people who complain about his lack of third jump.(I personally think he doesn't need one because he needs a lot of damage to even flinch in his second)

heed157131

Smash Rookie
If you ak me Yoshi was 'confirmed' as soon as they announced Brawl. Why would they get rid of him if this is a "Nintendo All-Star" game?

What I'm wondering is why Link's sword is always so glowy! Looks like they added that effect for every time you attack with it.
Link's design is from Twilight Princess where Link has the Master Sword (large!) which is infused with light (to cut through twilight)

Fawriel

Smash Master
Ah, good point, heed.
Hmm, maybe the glowing will be an actual indication of when the hitbox is out. Something like that would be good for a lot of characters, although I wouldn't know how to do it for those without a weapon.

Isn't anyone else kinda worried about the ghost platform? The formulation kind of sounded to me like the thing randomly shoots up to save falling characters. Which would be... random.
On the other hand, that was probably just one of Sakurai's colorful descriptions of what is essentially a platform that appears and disappears sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom