• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdironfist

Smash Cadet
It doesn't look like the FireFox. Have you seen Foxs stage? It speeds toward a planet, and gets "fiery" when it enters that planets atmosphere. That could be it.
Fox looks awesome in the shot, so it's gotta be the FireFox.

Seriously, though, Fox looks like he's powering the fire that is beginning to encase him.

Junaur

Smash Apprentice
Speaking of his blaster, is it just me, or has that changed a fair bit as well? Not that it would matter, but maybe we could have his rifle from assault as an item. Farfetched, but I was just thinking that.

jdironfist

Smash Cadet
Also, did anyone notice the motion sensor bomb looking thing on Fox's side? Anyone know what that is?
I think that people figured it powered his reflector.

Watch the second trailer, and I think you can see it shining at one point (I'll check it, too, and see if I can reference a time).

Devastlian

Smash Lord
The blaster isn't in its hoster in any pics.

You can see it in the shot where he's throwing the Pokeball and the one in his profile where he's doing whatever he's doing to Mario.

Also, that device is the same shape and the light is the same color as the reflector so maybe that thing's its generator.

jdironfist

Smash Cadet
I think that people figured it powered his reflector.

Watch the second trailer, and I think you can see it shining at one point (I'll check it, too, and see if I can reference a time).
Actually, it doesn't shine in the second trailer, but that's one of the ideas that's out there.

jdironfist

Smash Cadet

You can see it in the shot where he's throwing the Pokeball and the one in his profile where he's doing whatever he's doing to Mario.
You're right! I was looking for it to be coming out of the holster a different way, but it's certainly there.

Junaur

Smash Apprentice
If Fox still owns everything in that game, at least he'll look badass in the process.
<_< His shoes beg to differ. Almost makes me want to post "Sora confirmed for brawl!" when I look at them. Eh, but all the feet models have looked a bit weird to me so far, so nevermind.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
You pay attention to the feet? Well I guess you would since we are only getting screen shots.

Plus its the Starfox Command design

burrito

Smash Lord
Looks like the same old fox. He's probably slower now because he is described as "one of many so-called speed characters" instead of the fastest character in the game.

Zinc

Smash Apprentice
People hate Foxes look because they can't take change.
He's fused with his older and newer Starfox designs.
yet people hate him.

Red Exodus

Smash Master

"It's over 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Lol, this update was decent. We got better screens than usual.

EDIT: What's with the weirdo boots?

Falcolegend

Smash Journeyman
at last, fox's update! all the confirmed veterans have been revealed as updates!

looking at the updates now, does anyone else think that pit's update was really random?

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Good, we got all the veterans. Now it's time for the newcomers.
There has to be more veterans. Samus, Yoshi, DK, Peach, Falcon. I'm thinking everyone from the original SSB will be in this.

Also, I think that picture of Fox hitting Mario is definitely the result from his f-throw and not his dash attack.

NukeA6

Smash Master
There has to be more veterans. Samus, Yoshi, DK, Peach, Falcon. I'm thinking everyone from the original SSB will be in this.

Also, I think that picture of Fox hitting Mario is definitely the result from his f-throw and not his dash attack.
I meant the confirmed ones. I would like to Peach, Bowser, and the rest of them. I don't think they will show up after a while from now.

No doubt, that the original 12 plus the important Nintendo characters in Melee will be in Brawl.

Rash

Smash Ace
What interests me is how Sakurai said "one of many so-called speed characters."

Which characters in Melee would fit the same bill? You have Falco, Capt. Falcon, Shiek...anyone else?

Is Sakurai just being general in that statement, or has he brought in more fast characters/boosted the speed of some old characters?

nesstee

Smash Apprentice
Is Sakurai just being general in that statement, or has he brought in more fast characters/boosted the speed of some old characters?
Sakurai said that the speed of brawl will be moderated (compared to melee) by all defination that means it will be slower. But maybe by just a tiny bit.

And whadafxup with every one hating on Fox's boots:confused: I quite like em. A big ol' pair of boots can only serve to make a smash attack ever so much more satisfying.:laugh:

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
Fox looks nice! I think I'm starting practicing with him in Melee. Interesting comment about the speed characters. That should confirm Capt. Falcon I would assume.

I

i8waffles612

Sweet Fox.

I dont understand why some people do not like his new outfit..

vericz

Smash Champion
at last, fox's update! all the confirmed veterans have been revealed as updates!

looking at the updates now, does anyone else think that pit's update was really random?
What about samus?? Maybe she will be updated with zamus but I really hope that they are 2 different characters. And the notice the circle around fox in the fire pic, that has to be his firefox.

Stryks

Smash Hero
The only confirmed veteran left is samus, but I bet she'll be confirmed with zamus, gotta love the update, the firefox pic is sweet, and wasnt expecting this update, I was actually expecting metaknight :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom