• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElChibo

Smash Apprentice
Yea, so many people are going to think Ridley is confirmed now... The next 24 hours are going to be annoying lol till we can wait for a new update to talk about.

Procrasticritter

Smash Journeyman
well I guess you can't fault people too much for getting excited... its something they really want to believe is true, even if they are jumping to conclusions...for now.

The Franchise

Smash Journeyman
Really good tune. Can easily see it working as stage music for a metroid level or part of an adventure mode if Brawl has one.

Doesn't confirm Ridley as a character but doesn't write him off either. Maybe we know in a month or two down the line when we might actually get shown other new characters

Mamush

Smash Cadet
I wonder if Ridley wasn't a playable character if he could be a boss like Giga Bowser or Master Hand. The reason I say that is because the song's title is Boss Battle Music. Anywho, it's just a thought. :p

Dacvak

Smash Ace
Freakin' awesome tune.

I'm hoping for a *GOOD* Metroid stage in this game... Lord knows we haven't had a good one yet.

~Dac

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I love the tune. I feel Bad for the cleanup job Mic is gonna have to do tomorrow

OMG RIDLEY CONFIRMED!!1!11 L3TS M4KE 20 THREDS!

he should just start banning people.

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
The last 5 updates I have really liked. Characters, stages, music, and controller confirmations. If things would stay like this, I would be very happy. If not, still happy xD

omfg ridley confirmed!1!1!

Infil

Smash Journeyman
By the way, if people want to capture their own MP3, it's easy to do: just download a program called WavePad and capture the sound coming through your speakers (trigger the program up to record, and then just play the MP3 through your speakers). Then, save it as an MP3. WavePad is free, though I don't have a link. Just Google it.

LemonManX

Smash Lord
I wonder if Ridley wasn't a playable character if he could be a boss like Giga Bowser or Master Hand. The reason I say that is because the song's title is Boss Battle Music. Anywho, it's just a thought. :p
Metroid: Boss Battle Music... its called that because its the Boss Battle music that plays when you clash with Ridley in the Metroid games.

Its definitely boosted Ridley's chances of appearing.

Dacvak

Smash Ace
So, did you happen to notice that this song quickly loops itself? Then fading-out ending is exactly like the beginning part (after the short intro).

Do you think this song will really be that short? That'd be a total bummer (but would make sense if this song was just used for a boss battle in Adventure mode..)

~Dac

Kelexo

Smash Journeyman
Nice song but uh...

What happened to 'all orchestrated music'? Or whatever he said that required an opera singer for this stuff.

Not that I mind. In fact, I'm happier with this music. Nice to battle to.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
hmmm.... I curious, this music seems too short to be stage music but to long to be a characters victory music. I wonder how it will fit in.

Spoon Man

Smash Apprentice
So, did you happen to notice that this song quickly loops itself? Then fading-out ending is exactly like the beginning part (after the short intro).

Do you think this song will really be that short? That'd be a total bummer (but would make sense if this song was just used for a boss battle in Adventure mode..)

~Dac
well thats how long it was whenever you fought Ridley in the metroid games, on top of the fact that most sound tracks are only 2 minutes tops (sans final boss music in final fantasies of course coughkefkacough), so I'm sure that it'll sound just fine in whatever place Sakurai puts it.

Dacvak

Smash Ace
Quick question: How do you start a new poll in these forums? I don't see a button anywhere...

~Dac

chAvo

Smash Cadet
hmmm.... I curious, this music seems too short to be stage music but to long to be a characters victory music. I wonder how it will fit in.
I don't know if you're being sarcastic, but it's obviously just a sample, not the entire track.

Infil

Smash Journeyman
I think this track will be played in the 1P game, during some Metroid stage. That's my guess, anyway.

Dacvak

Smash Ace
I think this track will be played in the 1P game, during some Metroid stage. That's my guess, anyway.
I think you're right. It loops too quickly to be a track for an actual stage.

Here's a quick question, do you think you'll be able to C-Stick Smash in Single-Player in Brawl? I certainly hope so, because it sucked not being able to in Melee.

~Dac

Procrasticritter

Smash Journeyman
Maybe Sakurai finds this funny, making these little hint annoucments that make people think stuff is confirmed, and he's sitting back and laughing as we argue about whether what means who is confirmed or not. I bet he's having a grand time watching the fans squirm...

Zebesian Pirate

Smash Cadet
My hopes...

New Stage: Norfair

There are two tracks for this stage: the Ridley boss battle music and the Norfair theme from Metroid (I like Super Metroid's atmospheric music but it doesn't befit a fighting game).

New Character: Ridley.
A very short section of his battle theme comprises his victory track.

Maybe Sakurai finds this funny, making these little hint annoucments that make people think stuff is confirmed, and he's sitting back and laughing as we argue about whether what means who is confirmed or not. I bet he's having a grand time watching the fans squirm...
I would imagine that it would be funny.

It's like he's spitting acid on our crotches. >_>

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
My hopes...

New Stage: Norfair

There are two tracks for this stage: the Ridley boss battle music and the Norfair theme from Metroid (I like Super Metroid's atmospheric music but it doesn't befit a fighting game).

New Character: Ridley.
A very short section of his battle theme comprises his victory track.
they should put the impact crater in methinks.

Dacvak

Smash Ace
All this talk of new song-age makes me want to bust out my Smashing...Live! CD I got from Nintendo Power a few years ago.

For those of you who didn't get one, it was a CD with 15 songs from Melee performed by a live orchestra. Absolutely beautiful.

~Dac

Chepe

Smash Lord
It definitely means theres a good chance Ridley is in the game, since this is his Theme Song, and Sakurai acknowledges it. This and the Yoshi Story ending music seem to be more like profile or Single Player credits music than stage music to me, so this music should relate to Ridley himself somehow...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom