• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
What was all the music in Melee?

Let's there was Fire Emblem music... FE characters in that

THere was the Baloon Fight music, he was a character but they cut him out of the game before it was released

Mach Rider... though not in the gamez

So hopefully Ridley means he will at least make a appearance

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
This isn't concrete proof, but with his theme song posted and with Ridley being in the poll, he'll more than likely make some sort of an apperance. Whether it's a cameo (hopefully) or as a playable character (hopefully not), he'll be in there somewhere.

I guess it was inevitable that Samus would no longer be the only Metroid character in the Smash franchise.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
So far, the music in Brawl is amazing. I can't wait for more music updates. They are my favorite updates. :)

Croco

Smash Lord
This isn't concrete proof, but with his theme song posted and with Ridley being in the poll, he'll more than likely make some sort of an apperance. Whether it's a cameo (hopefully) or as a playable character (hopefully not), he'll be in there somewhere.

I guess it was inevitable that Samus would no longer be the only Metroid character in the Smash franchise.
I hear u on that one. I just hope Ridley is just a boss..

Shuma

Smash Hero
Why? Why would you whant Ridley as a boss instead of a Playable Character, that's stupid.

Croco

Smash Lord
Why? Why would you whant Ridley as a boss instead of a Playable Character, that's stupid.
Don't get me started.. I just find the idea of sizing a character down which has known to be 3-4 times the size of Samus in all the Metroid games except the first. Plus I don't want to see a fire breathing skinny anorexia flying dino.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
Don't get me started.. I just find the idea of sizing a character down which has known to be 3-4 times the size of Samus in all the Metroid except the first. Plus I don't want to see a fire breathing skinny anorexia flying dino.
Oh yes and Downsizing bowser who was 20 times bigger than mario in Sunshine isn't any different?

I say Ridley as "playable" character.

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
Don't get me started.. I just find the idea of sizing a character down which has known to be 3-4 times the size of Samus in all the Metroid games except the first. Plus I don't want to see a fire breathing skinny anorexia flying dino.
"problem with downsizing" is a dumb argument, thats been cleared up on the "ridley for brawl" thread ages ago.

as to your other gripe.....well, isnt it about time the dragon population and the eating-disorder population had some rep in brawl?

Croco

Smash Lord
Oh yes and Downsizing bowser who was 20 times bigger than mario in Sunshine isn't any different?

I say Ridley as "playable" character.
Bowser is known to change size.. Plus he sizes down in ending of sunshine. If you want Ridley sized down then that means you should agree that so can Andross from starfox.. which also equally looks stupid in my eyes.

"problem with downsizing" is a dumb argument, thats been cleared up on the "ridley for brawl" thread ages ago.

as to your other gripe.....well, isnt it about time the dragon population and the eating-disorder population had some rep in brawl?
Dynamic Entry.. I never agreed with ANYONE. I only said I won't care if it happens.. but if it doesn't happen I will be sure to write "I TOLD YOU SO!" when I find out. I guess you can do the same If I am wrong.

To be honest.. I would love to play as Ridley.. but as a Metroid fan since I was a child, I just don't want to see Ridley downsized. It bugs me a little..

Oh and it is a problem because still many of you get twitchy whenever someone disagrees. It's like you all have swarm in a pack and try to flame them because they disagree.

Yes many of you can bring up how Pikachu (Which isn't that noticeable) is supposed to be smaller.. etc. etc. or how Bowser sized down from Mario 64 (which is the worst defense).

I really am hoping that this new song (WHICH IS KICKASS) is only for a boss battle in a event or story/adventure mode. There is nothing wrong with me believing so while you all believe Ridley is in Brawl.

NOTICE THAT.. whenever I disagree I HAVE TO BE CORRECTED.
I'm not the one quoting you all first and saying your wrong or "stupid."
I only agreed with someone else who probably feels the same way..

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
The difference with Andross though is that he has no body, whereas Ridley does. Andross is also kind of dethroned as Starfox's main villain, wheras Ridley is Samus' 'Arch-nemesis'(as Sakurai so rightly says himself). That and they already resized Ridley in the melee intro, so it definitley can be done.

Regardless, it seems pointless to create an entirely original moveset for a character who can't be used and you probably won't see often.

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
As much as my brain agrees that the suitable thing to do is make Ridley a boss, my heart wants him playable!

But the boss thing would make sense as the music is when samus fights ridley at the end!

ChronoTrigga

Smash Apprentice
I have a feeling we will have minibosses such as Giga Bowser take a more active role and appearance this time around. I could be wrong though. It would make a sweet incentive for the Adventure mode, with more story. Hell I just wish they would make a new metroid with smash bros. controls with just samus. I know, I ask too much.

Croco

Smash Lord
The difference with Andross though is that he has no body, whereas Ridley does. Andross is also kind of dethroned as Starfox's main villain, wheras Ridley is Samus' 'Arch-nemesis'(as Sakurai so rightly says himself). That and they already resized Ridley in the melee intro, so it definitley can be done.

Regardless, it seems pointless to create an entirely original moveset for a character who can't be used and you probably won't see often.
Ridley still looked 2 times the size of Samus in the Melee Intro.. and that doesn't justify anything. That will never change my mind because it was..
1. Was only seen for a split second
2. Was not from the Metroid game series.
3. Again Ridley appears 3-4 times the Samus in all the Metroid games except one.

What is wrong with creating original movesets for bosses? I don't see a problem having a boss character with a original moveset and not being playable.

The single player story mode is probably the biggest focus in this game.. and Minibosses are the next step to creating a better story mode.

Master Hand.. and Crazy Hand.. had original movesets and they where not playable. OH WHAT A WASTE.. IT WAS SO POINTLESS. ;)

Now.. if there is a special event mode which allowed you to play as characters like Master hand, Crazy hand, Giga Bowser, and Ridley.. then I would be all for that.

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
Cue ten new posts on Ridley being confirmed... when he's not.

Either way, the music is amazingly awesome, reminding me of the song that was on the Relics of the Chozo album.
Yeah, he's not confirmed, but with this, we Ridley fans can dream... can't we? This probably means he makes some kind of appearance... but I hope he's not just an Adventure boss, but an actual char... I really really hope so.

Dammit, Sakurai, stop teasing us like this!

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Ridley still looked 2 times the size of Samus in the Melee Intro.. and that doesn't justify anything. That will never change my mind because it was..
1. Was only seen for a split second
2. Was not from the Metroid game series.
3. Again Ridley appears 3-4 times the Samus in all the Metroid games except one.
Doesn't change the fact that it can be done, and he was barely twice the size. And this is smash we're talking qabout, not metroid:p

What is wrong with creating original movesets for bosses? I don't see a problem having a boss character with a original moveset and not being playable.

Master Hand.. and Crazy Hand.. had original movesets and they where not playable. OH WHAT A WASTE.. IT WAS SO POINTLESS. ;)
They are original smash characters, and are giant floating hands. They can't be implemented at all due to what they are, while if Ridley was resized he could easily fit. And last time I checked, there wasn't anyone who actually wanted to play as either of them, yet there are many people who want Ridley playable (even in Japan, who raen't as fond of the Metroid series as us).

Also, Ridley being a boss is more comparable to Bowser being the adventure mode boss than anything. And if I remember correctly, Bowser was playable.

Croco

Smash Lord
Yeah, he's not confirmed, but with this, we Ridley fans can dream... can't we? This probably means he makes some kind of appearance... but I hope he's not just an Adventure boss, but an actual char... I really really hope so.

Dammit, Sakurai, stop teasing us like this!
I agree.. you can all dream just as much as I want characters like Alice, Dr. Wright, and Mike Jones.

but I can't tolerate being flamed by Ridley fans just because I don't want him in. I have any right to say I don't want him playable. My mind won't change..

It would be like if I said someone was wrong because they do not want Alice from Balloon Kid playable in Brawl. It's just stupid to even try and change their minds because it doesn't accomplish anything.
The decision for playable characters has probably already been made by Sakurai.. so arguing is pointless and all will be revealed probably in the next coming months.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
If you thought I was flaming you then I apologize, that wasn't my intention. I just felt I should post my feelings on some of the issues.

Regardless, we should probably get on a less flame-baiting topic. It's interesting how this is actually the first Metroid related update (we haven't even seen anything of Samus in either form since the site opened). I wonder if we'll get any updates on the other franchises soon.

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
Doesn't change the fact that it can be done, and he was barely twice the size. And this is smash we're talking qabout, not metroid:p

They are original smash characters, and are giant floating hands. They can't be implemented at all due to what they are, while if Ridley was resized he could easily fit. And last time I checked, there wasn't anyone who actually wanted to play as either of them, yet there are many people who want Ridley playable (even in Japan, who raen't as fond of the Metroid series as us).

Also, Ridley being a boss is more comparable to Bowser being the adventure mode boss than anything. And if I remember correctly, Bowser was playable.
quoted. for. truth.

Zinc

Smash Apprentice
So um what if was playable then?
Would you dishonour yourself and say you were actually wrong?
Or would you just go and say Sakurai proved you wrong?

Croco

Smash Lord
If you thought I was flaming you then I apologize, that wasn't my intention. I just felt I should post my feelings on some of the issues.

Regardless, we should probably get on a less flame-baiting topic. It's interesting how this is actually the first Metroid related update (we haven't even seen anything of Samus in either form since the site opened). I wonder if we'll get any updates on the other franchises soon.
If you right click the world icon image gifs and check out the source location name.. you get numbers for each series.. Kid Icarus is 18. That could mean a minimum of 18 game series in Brawl
1.Smash Brothers- (Master Hand Etc.)
3. StarFox- (Fox Etc.)
4. Kirby- (Kirby Etc.)
6. Metroid- (Samus Etc.)
8.Pokemon- (Pikachu Etc.)
9.Zelda- (Link Etc.)
10.Super Mario Series- (Mario, Bowser, Peach etc.)
11.Yoshi Series - (Yoshi)
18. Kid Icarus - (Pit)

What is missing?

-Game & Watch
-Ice Climbers
-Fire Emblem
-Wario
-DK
-Earthbound
-F-Zero
-Metal Gear

That leaves 1 more open we may not know about.. and of course #18 might not be highest number.. it could go up higher.

GenG

Smash Lord
It would be like if I said someone was wrong because they do not want Alice from Balloon Kid playable in Brawl. It's just stupid to even try and change their minds because it doesn't accomplish anything.
I said Alice won't and shouldn't be in because Balloon Fighter is a better overall iconic character than the little obscure loli.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
There's also the Donkey Kong, Wario, F-Zero, and Earthbound symbols that they might include. So, assuming all the symbols from SSBM return, that's one more franchise we don't know about...It could go over 18, too.

This was aimed at Croco, BTW. And...there's a topic for this as well.

Don't you guys feel that some of the franchises that didn't make it into Melee are going to have a spot in brawl?

Alot of characters didn't make it into Melee,and I thing being resourceful and using some of the old blue prints for those characters would work well.Just with a few modifications.

Wiwiweb

Smash Journeyman
I think this track will be played in the 1P game, during some Metroid stage. That's my guess, anyway.
Here's what I think. The song is too short to be an actual stage music, so it may be in a 1P mode. Now, how is this song used in Metroid Games : Boss battle (only ridley), and escape sequences.
My guess is, if they do another "escape" thing like in Melee's adventure, it will have this music.

Solid_Sneak

Smash Apprentice
The song is a piece of the entire title.

And for those of you that are getting excited about ridley, don't get too excited. Kraid had his music in Melee, and he was in a stage as the environment.

I would personally perfer Ridley to be a background character shooting **** at you while you fight, because in actuality, Ridley is like, a 2 story tall dragon. And I think that would be ******** in Brawl. Also, he doesn't have enough character to be a good addition to the roster. He would just seem like this random beast, that Samus always kills, with fire... He'll have no sayings, or sugnature gestures, because he's just a mindless beast yo. Ever played metroid??

LarkOhiya

Smash Apprentice
Ok don't worry about it too much. A smart thing to do is make him a adventure boss along with a few others that would be adventure bosses. and then have them unlockable in the standard melee along with master hand and the like. That way even people with out action replays can enjoy them. better yet have a melee option to turn off bosses so that people are made aware they are not balanced tourny legal.

Wiwiweb

Smash Journeyman
Listen carefully. At 00:29, it loops. Plus, if you knew the original song from Super Metroid (or Metroid 2, but I havnt played this one), it loops exactly the same, so unless they added an extra part, it is a short music.

Kelexo

Smash Journeyman
The smartest thing to do is not get your hopes up. Just be patient, and you can dream and write down things, make up ideas, but don't pray for everything to come true and expect it to.

Kelexo

Smash Journeyman
Listen carefully. At 00:29, it loops. Plus, if you knew the original song from Super Metroid (or Metroid 2, but I havnt played this one), it loops exactly the same, so unless they added an extra part, it is a short music.

That's no real reason to assume its short. Yes, it loops, but what if it loops that one time, then transends into a more arranged piece? It's possible, and I wouldn't doubt it.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Cue ten new posts on Ridley being confirmed... when he's not.

Either way, the music is amazingly awesome, reminding me of the song that was on the Relics of the Chozo album.
Until you said that I didn't even think about Ridley, I was thinking about was kinda stage it's gonna be [please don't be like Bimstar Depths].

I starting hate the way music updates come out, it's like there's hype from the previous update, then BAM, something about nothing that just kills it. Now if they added another, not so great update with it I wouldn't mind. Oh well.

Rash

Smash Ace
This theme isn't just for battling Ridley.

First, it's the escape theme from Super Metroid, both at the beginning and end. The first time it's done, it follows a battle with Ridley.

However, in Metroid Prime, the theme does play when you actually fight Ridley. So, maybe MP is more in-mind than previous games in the series, this time around?

I want Metroid Prime in Brawl so bad...

Wiwiweb

Smash Journeyman
Exactly.
Actually, it's also the battle theme for Draygon in Super Metroid, so maybe Draygon is confirmed for Brawl

:laugh:

That's no real reason to assume its short. Yes, it loops, but what if it loops that one time, then transends into a more arranged piece? It's possible, and I wouldn't doubt it.
The original theme loops the same way. Here is a link.

Rash

Smash Ace
Wait, does it play during the Draygon battle?

I forgot. Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing what Metroid-inclusions Sakurai is going to make for this game. There's so much that they could do, and there are so many games to take ideas/concepts from.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Sorry for posting so soon again, I just think I have to reply to this.

And for those of you that are getting excited about ridley, don't get too excited. Kraid had his music in Melee, and he was in a stage as the environment.

I would personally perfer Ridley to be a background character shooting **** at you while you fight, because in actuality, Ridley is like, a 2 story tall dragon. And I think that would be ******** in Brawl. Also, he doesn't have enough character to be a good addition to the roster. He would just seem like this random beast, that Samus always kills, with fire... He'll have no sayings, or sugnature gestures, because he's just a mindless beast yo. Ever played metroid??
I'm not excited about Ridley just because of the song, just getting that out of the way.

Personally I wouldn't, those Arwings on Corneria partially dug the stage's grave and if Ridley's fireballs would be anything like them, the stage would be a mess to play on.

If Ridley is a 2 story dragon how come he's so close to Samus' size in the first Metroid? Samus is a 1 story woman then? Also, they resized him in Melee's intro, load Melee and wait for it to show up if you have to.

Last time I checked, G&W and ICs had no character, did they sneak onto everyone's Melee disks then?

And the word you're looking for is recurring. If you played Metroid like you said you did, you'd know he's in about half of the games. The only ones he's not in are Metroid 2 [GB] and Metroid Prime 2 [GC]

ICs and G&W had none either what's your point?

Obviously Ridley is not mindless, you don't give him and the Space Pirates enough credit that's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom