• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeleeMan

Smash Ace
NNID
WilderFTW
3DS FC
2105-9709-5961
I haven't played that, but lots of games have that, which I think would be somewhat cool, but the problem is, not many characters would have much customizeable options. Maybe Snake (face paint), Fox (every friken Star Fox game changes his looks), Kirby (hats), Pikachu and Jigglypuff (hats and junk), and...I think that would be about it (depending on who makes it into Brawl).
Not true. Mario could be Dr Mario, Strikers costume
Peach - Daisy, Old dress, Pony tail summer look
Samus - Dark Samus, different suits
Zelda, Link, Ganon- Hell, they could switch between OOT, WW, and TP versions for different costumes

and thats all I care to think about right now. but they could def. do it. These characters have been involved in enough games to have a bunch of different options.... except G&W maybe

Sidius

Smash Journeyman
If you played Tekken 5, you've heard of those little customizations you can do to characters which don't affect gameplay at all but makes the character more personal. That'd be a cool little addition to brawl.
that's what i was thinking...what if u can customize the characters? that would be kinda cool
i guess only time will tell :ohwell:

Shark X

Smash Lord
Not true. Mario could be Dr Mario, Strikers costume
Peach - Daisy, Old dress, Pony tail summer look
Samus - Dark Samus, different suits
Zelda, Link, Ganon- Hell, they could switch between OOT, WW, and TP versions for different costumes

and thats all I care to think about right now. but they could def. do it. These characters have been involved in enough games to have a bunch of different options.... except G&W maybe
I knew about all that crap (Mainly Dr. Mario, Dark Samus, Daisy, and such like that). I meant like small customizations, not total full costumes. And I didn't know Strikers had a different Mario look.

Erk Aduro

Smash Apprentice
Is it just me or does the page bug out when you click on the screens?
Whoa! When you click on the screens, a bigger version of the picture fades in the center and the window darkens. I never noticed that before. o_O; I always just scollwheel clicked the pictures to open the bigger version in another tab. How long has it done this?

VA

Smash Hero
Always but the screens aren't showing on the Delfino Plaza page, the screen just darkens and nothing shows up. Anyone else having this problem?

Sidius

Smash Journeyman
Whoa! When you click on the screens, a bigger version of the picture fades in the center and the window darkens. I never noticed that before. o_O; I always just scollwheel clicked the pictures to open the bigger version in another tab. How long has it done this?
lmao...ever since the first day the site launched

Cojiro

Smash Journeyman
Just noticed, how many of us can honestly say that when Mario Sunshine came out, we ever expected to see Snake running around in Delfino Plaza?
Me. 1st thing I thought of when playing that game; "I can totally imagine Solid Snake ripping this place up with a Cracker Launcher."

:psycho: :crazy: :psycho:

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
^ That was totally relevant to the thread...........?

I don't really care for the level. It looks like we're going to have tooo many MUte Cities in Brawl. Plus I just never liked Sunshine much.

Shark X

Smash Lord
^ That was totally relevant to the thread...........?

I don't really care for the level. It looks like we're going to have tooo many Mute Cities in Brawl. Plus I just never liked Sunshine much.
Yeah, I thought that too myself. Mario Kart, Hellbird, and now this. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Mute City returned as a classic level, or remade. The only real reason I hated Mute City though was the whole level was a little, one color, grey. That, and one small flat platform that you mostly fight on through most of the level, sometimes got a little difficult to survive when you fought against bigger enemies like Bower, DK, and Ganondorf.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I like these stages we are getting and Delfino plaza looks great.

(I never liked mute city because it was so boring and grey)
(Big blue was one of my favorite levels though)

Zinc

Smash Apprentice
I just noticed after looking at the overworld screenshot of Isle Defino.

There are 2 connecting platforms on the Shine tower, which were never there before.
Thus, means there will be a battle there to.

burrito

Smash Lord
It seems there are going to be a lot of Mute city-like levels in Brawl, that kind of bothers me. If you think about it, though, it kind of makes sense because it's a good way to show off a lot of the level. It's too bad we didn't get any music to go with it...

I was really pleasantly surprised by this update, though. A new level and it looks nice. I wonder what happened to all the Piantas? What's up with Fox?

Rash

Smash Ace
Great update. Delfino Plaza looks like a pretty fine stage. For some reason this gives me confidence that we'll be getting a Metroid Prime stage of some kind.

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
Delfino looks nice. Of course the most obvious thought is "Does this mean Bowser Jr. is go?" but it isn't given... Still, the level looks nice, but I would enjoy some more lightning and shadows.

As for the good doctor, I wouldn't mind him being a costume, and not a separate clone character - or "derivatives" as I contemptuously call them.

Crackers!

Legolastom

Smash Hero
If there are going to be so many mute city like stages and there are not usually many of those how many stages will there be... heres hoping over 60!

Fawriel

Smash Master
Eh, speculating that Bowser Jr. is in based on that stage is... not so wise. Melee had a Termina stage, but no Skull Kid, Temple is based on Legend of Zelda 2: Adventure of Link, but he's still the OoT one... there's Subcon but no Wart... and so on.
Sunshine is just one of the more recent Mario games. I heavily doubt Bowser Jr.

Also, I've heard worries that there'll be lots of scrolling stages like this one and that it means there'll be only a couple of stages viable for tournaments... I doubt that, too. Remember, the team is supposed to contain a bunch of avid Smashers, probably of a good level of skill. Heck, they might have kidnapped Captain Jack or something. If anything, I think we'll get MORE tournament-worthy stages, since Melee had a lot of crappy ones.
It might have been hinted that Battlefield is the only one of its kind, but that might just mean that it's the only main platform - three small platforms stage, while there'll be lots of different types of FAIR stages.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea i hope they don't put to many Main platform plus 3 small platform ones this time round there were to many in the last one.

Falcolegend

Smash Journeyman
:)

I just noticed after looking at the overworld screenshot of Isle Defino.

There are 2 connecting platforms on the Shine tower, which were never there before.
Thus, means there will be a battle there to.
aha well spotted zinc, this level looks awesome. Where do u think the platform will stop around the island? I'm guessin the main lobby, by the fountain, on the beach, on top of the shine monument and by the ricco harbour entrance (left side of the island). Any other ideas? :confused:

Shark X

Smash Lord
Great update. Delfino Plaza looks like a pretty fine stage. For some reason this gives me confidence that we'll be getting a Metroid Prime stage of some kind.
Oh come on. You know there will be one. Two Melee's with nothing but Brimstar, I'm sure even Nintendo is sick of that planet.

aha well spotted zinc, this level looks awesome. Where do u think the platform will stop around the island? I'm guessin the main lobby, by the fountain, on the beach, on top of the shine monument and by the ricco harbour entrance (left side of the island). Any other ideas? :confused:
I hope it goes by some of the game's levels too, as I always loved Noki Bay and the Carnival levels.

Chaotic Yoshi

Smash Lord
Possibly locations that the platform will land on based on first screenshot.

1) The front of the island with the palm trees, as confirmed with the 3rd screenshot.
2) The 4th screenshot by the dolphin fountain, not really viewable from the first screenshot.
3) On top of that shine tower as someone mentioned earlier.
4) Possibly that building in the middle of the town with the reddish tint to the roofs, also appears in the background of the 3rd screenshot.

If there are going to be so many mute city like stages and there are not usually many of those how many stages will there be... heres hoping over NINE-THOOUUSAAAAND!!!!
Fixies...

But either way,I love the island Delfino stage.I wonder if Sakurai would possibly reveal a new character(But I doubt it).

Now....all I need to know is if Fox has his shine.^^ (Shuffled Nair>Shine for brawl).

XD

Falcolegend

Smash Journeyman
fine suggestions, however i see it unlikely that they will use other levels from sunshine. :(.

as for metroid levels, how about a Aether based stage in which it changes from light to dark worlds? then again i'm up for a phazon mine based level :). something from prime anyway...

Samochan

Smash Master
Yess!!! A stage!!

Oh and one more thing:

Fox got his Nair back.

Awww yeah. ; )
Is it just me or does kirby seem kind of big for a puffball who's supposed to be very evasive and the shortest crouch on the game? <_> It seems like they really want poor kirby to get juggled...

Anyways, Fox's nair seems to be intact, albeit now that he has actual legs, more range and bigger legs mean bigger hitboxes. Oh, and his bair is broken. >_> I suppose they might work on the hitboxes more, considering fox stucks his arm out now along with his feet, so I think he could be more vulnerable to aerial approach (even though nair is mostly used to attack people from above and front) and perhaps attacks straight in front of him.

Delfino Plaza is very pretty, but does this mean no Rainbow Cruise anymore? There goes my uthrow kirbycides... ;_;

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Thats a great idea maybe even one from a lttp or Tp that changes between light and dark (Or light / twili)

Falcolegend

Smash Journeyman
i just hope they don't overdo the 'mute city' style level. On that subject, i believe the f zero level is going to be a 'mute city' style level. It's inevitable. Im not complaing, its just i want no more than 5 moving levels...

NukeA6

Smash Master
t's nice to see a stage that we never seen in any of the screenshots before. I just wonder if there will be one from SMB3. The Mario stages always did come from different games (two from SM64, one from SMW, one from SMB, and one from SMB2).

First, Mario has a Kamehameha-like Final Smash and now Fox has a scouter. Sakurai must be a DBZ fan.

Is it just me or does kirby seem kind of big for a puffball who's supposed to be very evasive and the shortest crouch on the game? <_> It seems like they really want poor kirby to get juggled...

Anyways, Fox's nair seems to be intact, albeit now that he has actual legs, more range and bigger legs mean bigger hitboxes. Oh, and his bair is broken. >_> I suppose they might work on the hitboxes more, considering fox stucks his arm out now along with his feet, so I think he could be more vulnerable to aerial approach (even though nair is mostly used to attack people from above and front) and perhaps attacks straight in front of him.

Delfino Plaza is very pretty, but does this mean no Rainbow Cruise anymore? There goes my uthrow kirbycides... ;_;
Yes,I noticed that as well.

Kirby's stature seems to somewhat gargantuan in comparison to his normal size.I guess that's good news for Silv MI RITE? Lol.

Anyway,Fox's Nair seems to be even more powerful,and his Bair has an extended range as well.If Fox gets his Uair and Dair back it's going to be hell...And I welcome it with open arms(Fox main here).

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
I couldn't be more pleased than to see this stage in the update today, woo! Super Mario Sunshine is a fantastic game, I love it, and happy to see that this stage is incorporated in Brawl (I can't wait to hear a remix of the Isle Delfino tune!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom