• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I have heard of lots of people who got the gamecube only to play melee. It's like the other games aren't as important.
I think that will be the Wii's case, the only good game it will ever have wil probably be brawl, and in the long run, that will be the only reason people will buy the Wii (unless Brawl sucks, of course ;) )
I doubt many people did that (though I know quite a few), plus the GC had many great titles, like:
SSBM, tLOZ: the Wind Waker, Resident Evil 4, Pikmin 1&2, Metroid Prime 1&2, Super Mario Sunshine, Mario Kary Double Dash!!, Rouge Squadron 2 (3 wasn't that good), Wario Ware, FE: Path of Radiance, Mario Power Tennis, Tales of Symphoina, etc. Not as many as the PS2 (which IMO had the most "good games", and most agree with me).

But ya, other than that Nintendo owned, with the N64 (way better than the PSx, even if the PSx sold better), the SNES (best system, EVER!), the NES, and all the gameboys+the DS. Hopefully the Wii joins the list. I already has awsome titles coming to it, and already has awsome titles, like:
tLOZ:Twilight Princess (it is illegal to own a Wii withoug having this game, unless they're all sold out), Wario Ware: Smooth Moves, Rayman: Raving Rabbids, Excite Truck, Super Paper Mario, Mario Party 8 (it actually got GOOD reviews!), and Super Mario Strikers: Charged.

^^^^ Not to mention we're getting (or probably will get):
SSBB (duh), Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Project H.A.M.M.E.R., Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition, RE: Umbrella Chronicles, FE: Goddess of Dawn, No More Heroes, Animal Crossing Wii, Mario Kart Wii, etc.

That's a good list, and it will probably only get better. Hopefully Nintendo doesn't screw up like last time by not having online play. Thankfully the Wii will actually have online games, now all it needs is a HARDDRIVE! :mad: Once Nintendo gets that down, no worries. :)

Black/Light

Smash Master
TP was so over hyped i mean what the hell where they talking about when they said that we would expect more from ganon that we would ever ever ever expect!? i mean we saw him once in a flashback and the second time at the end of the game.Don't get me wrong it was a great game but it never lived up to my expectations because of all that hype.
Who said that? They said that Ganon would play a shocking role in this game. . . He lived inside the main bad guy, gave him power, tryed to mix Twilight and Light to "make darkness" and the whole reason that Midna and Link where in this miss in the first place was because those lazy *** sages tossed him into the Twil Realm.

. . . .I didn't expect any of that when I thought of Ganon.

It wasn't Nintendo that over hyped it, it was the fans that say things like "OMGZ! Ganon will do more than we ever ever ever expected!" based on what info was given that set the hype metter up and got their dreams crashed.

(Things that get FAN hyped as much as TP did NEVER live up to their hype. Thats just the fact of the matter. . . 3+ years of delays and fan hype will make something never fully meet expectation to does hyping it)

MeleeMan

Smash Ace
NNID
WilderFTW
3DS FC
2105-9709-5961
Wow, Delfino Plaza. Very pretty stage. IMO this is by far the best update he's given yet.

MeleeMan

Smash Ace
NNID
WilderFTW
3DS FC
2105-9709-5961
The stages changes? So basically the platform moves around or what?
Well, the stage doesn't change, it stays the same. You just ride around on a platform and land in various spots around the town.

Croco

Smash Lord
Wow, Delfino Plaza. Very pretty stage. IMO this is by far the best update he's given yet.
Yeah it's a good way of ending this week of updates.
I wonder if this is a hint that Bowser Jr. might be in the game? He was basically the star villain.

Yomon

Smash Apprentice
A little off topic, but will anyone be modding their gamecube controllers white?
I have already done that, a few months ago in fact.
Pictures:

Those are kind of old actually, they're pre-clear coat pictures... I highly recommend getting clear coat and sanding it off a bit, because the latex paint stuck to my hands when I was playing. I also got a flat clear coat, so my controller isn't really glossy.

I learned all about painting GCN controllers off of a topic about modding controllers on this forum.

To stay on topic... I really like the new stage, it looks awesome and eventful. I especially love the area with the stairs and what not. If this is a sign of the awesome of the new stages will have, then I'm going to really enjoy the stages upcoming in Brawl.

MeleeMan

Smash Ace
NNID
WilderFTW
3DS FC
2105-9709-5961
I wonder if this is a hint that Bowser Jr. might be in the game? He was basically the star villain.
Very well could be I suppose. It makes his chances of appearing better in my eyes, it shows that they're paying attention to Sunshine and not focusing completely on Galaxy.

Cojiro

Smash Journeyman
Stage looks cool, very lush.

I'm surprised, there haven't been any jokes about Fox's scouter - over 9-something or other.

Black/Light

Smash Master
. . . .I WAS right! They must still be doing things to Fox from the looks of it because none of the recent pics show him with his gun in either his hand or his huslter and now he has a scouter on.

Oh yeah, IT'S OVER 9,000!!!!

Falcolegend

Smash Journeyman
a good update :). I love the way the island is EXACTLY the same as the one in sunshine, it's so precise. i believe it strengthens the chances of baby bowser.

Croco

Smash Lord
. . . .I WAS right! They must still be doing things to Fox from the looks of it because none of the recent pics show him with his gun in either his hand or his huslter and now he has a scouter on.

Oh yeah, IT'S OVER 9,000!!!!
Unless he can switch it on and off? hmmm..

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
I can agree, but someone in this thread I think explained items were there for the fun of the game. Many people don't play at a competitive level, or the competitive style. Smash is supposed to be about having fun. Just because you and I may not use items doesn't mean other people won't either. I remember having so much fun playing the 64 version as a 9 year old throwing items everywhere. It seems many of us, including myself, have lost some of that fun by playing competitive all the time.
Bingo.Dont get me wrong tho,I play with both items/non-items[sounding a bit like Deion Sanders atm :)] I just wish tournments would just open up for once so it can appeal to more groups of people.Its kinda the same reason why people dont play in big crowds at arcades and such anymore.Without innovation,theres only more room for repeation.

vericz

Smash Champion
Bingo.Dont get me wrong tho,I play with both items/non-items[sounding a bit like Deion Sanders atm :)] I just wish tournments would just open up for once so it can appeal to more groups of people.Its kinda the same reason why people dont play in big crowds at arcades and such anymore.Without innovation,theres only more room for repeation.
Usually tournament start out with items and all this other crazy, it's the players who suggest MLG rule set and they agree as long with the other people at the tournament. Tournaments are competitive and the more people who agree with no items the more it will be done.

Anyways, maybe the scouter is an item???? We wont know until there are more screens of fox. He is the one who is usually changing. And where's metaknight :(

oh, and I want a whit controller. I'm going to paint mine :)

Yomon

Smash Apprentice
Speaking of the next update, sadly we'll have to wait two days of nothing before it :(

Oh well, I'm really happy that we got a whole lot more new info this week compared to last week. That whole 7 day wait is actually starting to seem more and more worth it every week.

I can't wait for next week's updates now. And wow, I need to be more observant. I never would've noticed Fox's eye-lens-thing if people haven't mentioned it here.

I wonder if we'll get a Fludd item to use in Brawl, that would be interesting o.O

CutMet

Smash Journeyman
The stage looks pretty good, although I hope this stage won't lag in 2v2's. Also it looks a lot like Mute City, except without the cars.

Procrasticritter

Smash Journeyman

Yeah I was thinking the same thing... They might not reveal the actual characters any time soon, but the stages are a definately a huge hint!

Black/Light

Smash Master
. . .Humm, changes in Fox so fare. . .

Both gun and scouter. (6 months old)

No gun seen in hand or huslter and no scouter (A week ago. . . guess no one noticed the missing scouter til now)

Scouter back but no gun seen (today)

Interesting. . .

CutMet

Smash Journeyman
It's because he saw Mario's power level and was forced to break it out of pure surprise that it was over 9000. But seriously I think that the screen shots may have been taken at different times in development. That or Fox can put away his gun at will as well as his scouter. Another idea is that his scouter breaks at a certain percentage. Just a thought.

Shark X

Smash Lord
FINALLY something new. New items were okay (although I never use items, so items suck to me), music isn't my thing, so a new stage at least, something we DIDN'T know about is a good thing. FINALLY.

**** well better not be. The idea of haveing him in there is as bad as Pichu. There's no reason to include him, and he doesn't belong, or deserve to be in Brawl, or any SSB.

Shark X

Smash Lord
I hope the Scouter and Gun are costumes for Fox, and this is there way of saying that there actually will be costumes in this game for once (not counting the Pikachu, Pichu, and Jigglypuff costumes from previous games), instead of just plain and boreing color changes.

Croco

Smash Lord
FINALLY something new. New items were okay (although I never use items, so items suck to me), music isn't my thing, so a new stage at least, something we DIDN'T know about is a good thing. FINALLY.

**** well better not be. The idea of haveing him in there is as bad as Pichu. There's no reason to include him, and he doesn't belong, or deserve to be in Brawl, or any SSB.
I really don't want him in also.. but sadly he may have a chance of making it in Brawl. :urg:

Erk Aduro

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, it is interesting. Also notice that Fox's scouter is more opaque in the new screen shot. Perhaps they didn't like his old one, removed it, then made a new one? I'm not gonna make a 9000 joke. It's been made like three times now, me saying anything would kill it.

OH MY GOD MARIO'S FIST IS HUGE! ITS POWER LEVEL MUST BE OVER NINE THOUS-*brick'd*

Sorry about that. You know, looking at these screen shots, is it just me or does Kirby look a little bigger? His tiny size made him harder to hit in Melee, so they may have made him bigger. Oh no, they nerfed him even more! T-T Just kidding, honestly, I can't tell if he's bigger or not. He just looks a little larger in the these latest shots to me.

Not much else to add except that Delfino Plaza looks awesome. Can't wait to smash on it. ^_^

keko_keko

Smash Cadet
In that second picture where fox doesn't have the scouter, he still has that red-thing that's attached to the side of his head that seems to be what the scouter connects to. hmmm

Kurosagi

Smash Apprentice
If you played Tekken 5, you've heard of those little customizations you can do to characters which don't affect gameplay at all but makes the character more personal. That'd be a cool little addition to brawl.

Shark X

Smash Lord
If you played Tekken 5, you've heard of those little customizations you can do to characters which don't affect gameplay at all but makes the character more personal. That'd be a cool little addition to brawl.
I haven't played that, but lots of games have that, which I think would be somewhat cool, but the problem is, not many characters would have much customizeable options. Maybe Snake (face paint), Fox (every friken Star Fox game changes his looks), Kirby (hats), Pikachu and Jigglypuff (hats and junk), and...I think that would be about it (depending on who makes it into Brawl).

keko_keko

Smash Cadet
Delfino Plaza has become a ghost town, i wonder if in the final version you'll get to see the denizens roaming about. It would awesome if the platform landed in the center of the plaza and you got a group of curious Piantas gather round to watch the brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom