• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarsBitrona

Smash Apprentice
As soon as I saw the last screenshot, the update became entirely about how amazing Fox looks in Brawl. It's unreal!

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I wonder since it seems so heavy and cumbersome that when holding it you will walk the speed of normal characters holding the box or barrel in SSBM. Very cool though
I'm guessing that since it's a heavy item that speed will take a factor and really slow down some of the small small characters like pikachu and kirby, but hopefully it won't turn out to be heavy and won't affect their speed movement

I

i8waffles612

This is an amazing item. Wow, all these items are making me look forward to the game much more.

Celsco

Smash Apprentice
Lol when I first checked the update I thought, o no not an improved version of the Superscope! But when I took a detailed look I started to think different, especially how the Chars hold it. It's a really cool item! I think it'll be used a lot in Brawl

Kamaji

Smash Ace
CLUSTER BOMB YEAH!

I think they're trying to put a lot more emphasis on items this time... almost like they're pissed off that we dont generally use them this time lol.

EDIT: think of the super sudden death possibilities!

Zeeb

Smash Cadet
Man I love Sakurai's dry Japanese humor, I seriously laugh at every update. It's at least worth checking everyday just to see what he's gonna say next, even if all we get is item updates.

Falcolegend

Smash Journeyman
do you think we'll get a big update tommorow because:
a) it's the last update of the week, and
b) it's june 1st 2moz

i hope so, here's hoping to a character update or two...

NukeA6

Smash Master
do you think we'll get a big update tommorow because:
a) it's the last update of the week, and
b) it's june 1st 2moz

i hope so, here's hoping to a character update or two...
Don't get your hopes up unless you want disapointment.

Falcolegend

Smash Journeyman
i suppose, better to expect the worst and be surprised rather than expect the best and be disappointed. Grrr i want this game now.

any suggestions for what tommorow may have in store for us?

The Director

Smash Lord
Um...is anybody getting sick of item updates? I don't even play with items on, so they're all kinda useless.

The screenshots are nice, but could they take some that aren't on Battlefield? They're all starting to look kinda the same to me... :(

Stryks

Smash Hero
Gotta admit the new Item is pretty original, sakurai sure has some imagination... BUT i am too getting tired of items, im KILLING for some stages, the remaining known newcomers and returners and more finals...

Falcolegend

Smash Journeyman
i wd rather the items be kept under wraps until the release of the game. heck, i want some small surprises when i buy the game. But don't get me wrong, the new item is sweeeeeeeet.

im hoping we get two character updates, bit hopeful i know, but that way we can progress into brand new updates once we've seen everything we know of.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Um...is anybody getting sick of item updates? I don't even play with items on, so they're all kinda useless.

The screenshots are nice, but could they take some that aren't on Battlefield? They're all starting to look kinda the same to me... :(
dude look closely on mario's finale, and you can see it is on the star fox stage

sasukemaro

Smash Rookie
At lease they kind of confirmed that the game will be played with the gamecube control
"tilt the control stick in different directions."

Hi! I'm new but i've been veiwing threads and posts on this boards for about two years and up.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Actually we only really see 3 stages in the screens the ones with pit are in his stage the one on the clouds most of the others on battlefield and a few on star fox's stage.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I'm sure we'll either get a stage update(*hoping it'snakes*) or perhaps some character updates like Pikachu, kirby, Wario

The Director

Smash Lord
I'm kind of done hoping for characters or whatever. I've learned to just go with it.

This is just my opinion, but at the rate we're going now we won't see any new characters until E3. At this point I'm beginning to wonder: what's the big secret?

Falcolegend

Smash Journeyman
Not wanting to sound cliche or anything but i really wanna see sonic as a secret.
They won't show snake's stage 2morro, we've got other, less significant stages to see first.

*sigh*

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
Yeah,the items are pretty cool,but its a shame tournments will have these set off as usual(due to whiners,nerds that cant adapt,the works).

I was hoping "Final Smash"would be implemented in such a way so you cant turn it off(Thinking in terms of the Street Fighter III super meter bar).Sigh..Can anyone say "Melee 2?" :( :embarrass

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
Yeah,the items are pretty cool,but its a shame tournments will have these set off as usual(due to whiners,nerds that cant adapt,the works).

I was hoping "Final Smash"would be implemented in such a way so you cant turn it off(Thinking in terms of the Street Fighter III super meter bar).Sigh..Can anyone say "Melee 2?" :( :embarrass
You would assume it would be like melee, considering how widely liked the game was. If it isn't broke, don't fix it. A lot of people just want a new melee with more characters. Some want new items, some want character nerfing/powering up. Some want it all, but I would hope Brawl is somewhat like melee, considering how melee was such a good game with only few flaws.

Falcolegend

Smash Journeyman
the lack of decent updates is making me slowly lose interest in brawl at the mo. gonna get mortal kombat armageddon soon, so ill be hooked on that instead. Im sure when e3 starts ill be as excited as i was when the 'major site update' was announced.

hellsoldierx15

Smash Journeyman
i want some music! but i dont think we'll get that tommorow, maybe another character bio, or, God forbid, another item (not that there is anything wrong with that). while i agree that sakurai is just posting small stuff right now, i think he's gunna surprize us in next few weeks. he cant keep updating like this for long...

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
You would assume it would be like melee, considering how widely liked the game was. If it isn't broke, don't fix it. A lot of people just want a new melee with more characters. Some want new items, some want character nerfing/powering up. Some want it all, but I would hope Brawl is somewhat like melee, considering how melee was such a good game with only few flaws.
Yeah,but the point Iam kinda trying across is that the majority of the players(tournment players) are not going even play with the items in the long run,despite what Nintendo adds or takes away to try to balance them out.

If I were with Hal Labs,I would just make a patch with a roster update cuz there simply wasting their time adding all those crazy special effects for things like "Final Smash".

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
Yeah,but the point Iam kinda trying across is that the majority of the players(tournment players) are not going even play with the items in the long run,despite what Nintendo adds or takes away to try to balance them out.

If I were with Hal Labs,I would just make a patch with a roster update cuz there simply wasting their time adding all those crazy special effects for things like "Final Smash".
I can agree, but someone in this thread I think explained items were there for the fun of the game. Many people don't play at a competitive level, or the competitive style. Smash is supposed to be about having fun. Just because you and I may not use items doesn't mean other people won't either. I remember having so much fun playing the 64 version as a 9 year old throwing items everywhere. It seems many of us, including myself, have lost some of that fun by playing competitive all the time.

CutMet

Smash Journeyman
I assume items will be turned off in tournaments, but they are still fun for those random free-for-alls with friends. Of course it's usually all about tournament play now. What I'm waiting for is when Captain Falcon is revealed or when the site reveals, the how-to-play controls. Then the arguments about controllers can stop.

Pyr0

Smash Ace
HAHAHA! FIRECRACKER LAWN CHAIR!

AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111

I might actualy consider playing with items from time to time.

Mario: Say hello to my little friend!

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i don't see what the big deal with items is all about. for one thing, items are FUN! plus it does add some strategy to the game, whether you should risk grabbing something or dodge someone else's item thrown.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I'm going with the a mode or a tune. The next update will be almost two weeks since the site updated and it will be Friday, right before the weekend. I doubt they'll give us something like "Mario's Special Moves"

Mysteryfox1

Smash Ace
The Netherlands, Noord-Brabant, Aarle Rixtel
I think it's a little stupid that he only post things like the special attacks of pit only 2 instead of 4 attacks were listed there and the final smash it was a little obfious that it was that and why they only reveal one final smash that we already know I hope that about a month later they will only add things we didn't know before and are interesting like if wi-fi is included and not a thing like one different color for mario:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom