• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

NukeA6

Smash Master
i just hope they don't overdo the 'mute city' style level. On that subject, i believe the f zero level is going to be a 'mute city' style level. It's inevitable. Im not complaing, its just i want no more than 5 moving levels...
We've seen only one so far so there shouldn't be much worry.

Falcolegend

Smash Journeyman
i count three: mario kart level, halberd level and isle delfino level. add inevitable f zero level, that's four.

NukeA6

Smash Master
i count three: mario kart level, halberd level and isle delfino level. add inevitable f zero level, that's four.
Oh, forgot the Halberd. I have seen the Mario Kart stage but never in motion. I did miss the last trailer.

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
You guys complain too much.

And if you pay attention to his description, the stage offers sightseeing, which means you're not leaping from one platform to the next like Mute City. It seems the platform rises from beneath you and moves around, which gazes upon all areas of Delfino Plaza.

Essentially, you're still fighting on a steady stage, it just happens to fly around the sky.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Air-dodge?
Pretty sure it's just the animation of his initial leap since Kirby's "float" usually has his arms flailing at his sides.

With Deflina, it seems like another Mute City. When the platform lands in a certain part of the city, the platform design will simply be different.

I

i8waffles612

looks like a great map... they shouldve updated the song along with it

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
I don't think it will be the same. I think you'll be confined in a certain area of the stage for a time, possibly a few minutes? It seems to me that you're not scrambling to get onto the stage, I think it's safe to say it's a normal battle arena that happens to float in the sky temporarily.

You guys complain too much.

And if you pay attention to his description, the stage offers sightseeing, which means you're not leaping from one platform to the next like Mute City. It seems the platform rises from beneath you and moves around, which gazes upon all areas of Delfino Plaza.

Essentially, you're still fighting on a steady stage, it just happens to fly around the sky.

Fly here and there as you look down on the town below.

After a thrilling landing, it becomes a normal battle stage.

There are several landing points.

This flight path repeats, providing great sightseeing and brawling.
The changing scenery is so beautiful, you get absorbed in it.

You really feel like a tourist!

Yeah....about that....

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
Okay, but I still don't see a problem here. The platforms are large enough where it really shouldn't cause much of an issue.

MarsBitrona

Smash Apprentice
Hopefully, the Delfino level is an indication of what to expect from other stages. Up until now, stages have always been interpretations of locations from games, mixed with stuff they just made up. But seeing all of Delfino Plaza, identical to how it appeared in Mario Sunshine, provides the exact kind of nostalgic and fanboy-ish feelings Smash Bros is all about. It's almost as if the game were reminding me "Oh yeah, this is why Nintendo rocks."

Also, I very much look forward to hearing the rendition of the classic Defino Plaza theme that goes with this level. I have the feeling I'll be playing Mario Sunshine for the rest of the day.

Falcolegend

Smash Journeyman
Hopefully, the Delfino level is an indication of what to expect from other stages. Up until now, stages have always been interpretations of locations from games, mixed with stuff they just made up. But seeing all of Delfino Plaza, identical to how it appeared in Mario Sunshine, provides the exact kind of nostalgic and fanboy-ish feelings Smash Bros is all about. It's almost as if the game were reminding me "Oh yeah, this is why Nintendo rocks."

Also, I very much look forward to hearing the rendition of the classic Defino Plaza theme that goes with this level. I have the feeling I'll be playing Mario Sunshine for the rest of the day.
post of the day IMO ^^^^^^^

i hope all the stages make gamers feel a great sense of nostalgia :)

Stryks

Smash Hero
Man a lot of people are complaining about this stage, I actually like it, gettin a new stage is the 2nd best thing we can get, the 1st being a new characters, point is even if its a mute city like stage, I doubt theyre will be hazards...

Anyway since we got a sunshine lvl, maybe well get FLUDD as an item, or maybe bowser jr/shadow mario character...

Kel

Smash Master
If you look at Fox doing areals in the two slides that he is, they're different. In the First slide, fox appears to be doing what was widely accepted as his Nair and it just looks different now. However, in the last slide, fox is doing an areal in the opposite direction and it looks dead on his Nair in Melee.
My theory, therefore, is that in that first slide, fox is doing his Fair. You know, the spinning kick of death that no one uses. I just can't think of it being any other move looking like that. And so far they've seemed to keep his old moveset.
*to avoid confusion, when I say "first slide" I'm referring to the first slide that fox is doing an areal*

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
The backgrounds in Brawl are so detailed and colorful. I am really enjoying this so far. The stage and moving stage really does give the impression of a sight seeing tour. All the characters should wear little cameras strapped to their necks and straw hats when they enter this stage. Instead of fighting, you can walk around and enjoy the scenery.

But my only growing deep, primal fear is that this is a hint that Bowser Jr. will be in the game. I think I would rather have Petey Pirahana then him if only given those two options.

Shark X

Smash Lord
I'd love to say Bowser Jr won't be in the game, because the truth is, he doesn't deserve it, and he doesn't belong in it. I'd love to say that because it's the truth. But the problem is, this is Nintendo we're talking about here. They do what the hell they want to do. This is why Pichu was in Melee. (Also, I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Roy wasn't popular or wanted either, and only placed in the game to advertise his game which was brand new in Japan. This is what I've read somewhere on these forums, so I don't know if it's true or not. But if it is, then he goes right along the lines with Pichu and Bowser Jr)

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
that's funny kirby is about to get smashes nasty, by that fox and mario. The stage does look awesome i feel it won't be baned for a while at least...

Falcolegend

Smash Journeyman
To summarize, how many stages/characters do you think will be in the game? realistic predictions please, not how many u want, how many u think there will be.

I predict 35 characters and 30 stages.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
O ya, this is one of my most wanted stages, I'm super happy now! :) It looks intresting, and as I predicted this would be a stage, I'm happy to seek I was right. Sweet, I just hope you can fight on those boats=awsome! This is definitely going to be a kick *** course, and I can't wait to try it out. :)

Side Note: Anyone else notice they got rid of the statue in the front=??? Now we have a staage for every main storyline Mario game, except SMB3, SML, SML2, and SM Galaxy. I hope we at least get a SMB3 stage and Galaxy stage. ;)

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
40-44 characters, 36-40 or so stages, the same number of stages as characters if we are including classic stages returning. It sounds very high, but I expect the best from Nintendo and Sakurai, plus Nintendo SHOULD put almost everything they got into Brawl, their most important Wii title, probably ever. So I expect a lot, withing reason of course.

Falcolegend

Smash Journeyman
oh i hope he is, i believe sonic, megaman and snake are ideal 3rd party characters. why do u doubt megaman's appearance in brawl?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
^^^if you guys are gonna argue about Megaman you should go to the Megaman thread:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=72247

but yeah realistically we can expect about 32-40 characters and about 35 stages being the most with classic stages included, but it would be nice if Sakurai would include more than 40 characters which would be the best imo

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
iono i mean your wright he would be wanted he was on snes, game boy, nes, 64,
and game cube. I just think for reassons beyond me he won't be there...:( Now ryu lol never know he was on snes lol :)

The Director

Smash Lord
Delfino Plaza, hooray! I was hoping they'd add this as a stage, Mario Sunshine was one of my favorite GC titles.

Will this be Mario's main stage? Probably not, it's probably going ot be Mushroom Kingdom, but what it should be is something from Mario 64.

Finally, an update that isn't an item! :laugh: happyhappyhappy!

Tonight's update...Wario or Metaknight?! I'll be so pissed if it's a 'this is how to play Smash' update, or an item update because I'm staying up for this one...what time does the site update? Somewhere around 3-4 in the morning?

Falcolegend

Smash Journeyman
Tonight's update...Wario or Metaknight?! I'll be so pissed if it's a 'this is how to play Smash' update, or an item update because I'm staying up for this one...what time does the site update? Somewhere around 3-4 in the morning?
errr... it doesnt update till monday now

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
urg... and to think I didn't want another Rainbow Cruise stage but i guess this one looks way better and I guess will be less annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom