• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I was KINDA dissapointed with the update, was really hopin for links Final smash, yet the only thing they add is the return of the super scope, but u can now run and jump while shooting, not a bad addition, but gotta say this is the update ive least liked so far, IMO anyway...

I

i8waffles612

Does this mean Fox will be able to shoot his laser while running??

Anyways this is a great update!!!

NukeA6

Smash Master
I think this is a fantastic update. With what we now know about the Gooey Bomb, Smash Ball, and 'shooting items', I think it's safe to say that using items will require a lot more strategy and a lot less luck this time around.
I thought this was a lame update at first. But seeing all the ideas we're getting from this, I changed my mind. :)

Kamaji

Smash Ace
You guys know what's gunna suck this time? If we find a cool glitch that makes the game even more awesome and nintendo doesnt like it, theyre just going to patch the game... (Reference: Rocket lunging for all you halo fans)

EDIT: I really want to see some of this stuff in motion! Even just a couple little clips that show the animations would be awesome!

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
...you know... I think he actually meant that only "few" people play with items on. ^^;
This is sad, regardless.
That was more just a rant at people who think playing with items is "not pro" and such manner of bullcrap.

Anyways, I don't know if Fox will be able to move while firing his...
It's a special move, not an item.

But yea, in this game, item usage will definitely require more strategy than it has in the past, from the looks of it.

I wonder what types of movement (besides crawling) we'll see. Will dodges change at all?
I'm still curious about the shield, too. We haven't seen a lick of that--I'm sure it's there, I'm just wondering if they've changed it at all.

BentoBox

Smash Master
I was KINDA dissapointed with the update, was really hopin for links Final smash, yet the only thing they add is the return of the super scope, but u can now run and jump while shooting, not a bad addition, but gotta say this is the update ive least liked so far, IMO anyway...
It would be pointless for them to show Link's final smash. Notice how they only show new aspects of the game every update? This wasn't just an update about an item that'd be coming back; they told us that we'd be able to move around freely from now on with said items. Showing Link's FS wouldn't have shown us anything that we don't already know. Pick an orb, FS, bambam, there u go. What else do you want?

CStrife187

Smash Journeyman
We already knew about mario's final smash, but they made that into an update anyway. This was the worst update so far, IMO. We didn't learn anything useful or cool, all we learned was that you could move while shooting. You've always been able to shoot the super scope while jumping. I wish there would be more updates with completely new material like the gooey ball. I would really love to see some stage updates, because that's what will make or break this game in my mind.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Well the updates come once a day and strife he is most probably getting all this info out before he starts revealing new characters and stages and stuff.

Sariku

Smash Master
He's Stalling, lol. For E3, I dont really care, and DON'T PRAY FOR A RELEASE DATE! I SWEAR I WILL KILL YOU THEN! Why? We know it won't come out before E3, so they can release it there without wasting an update.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Well it wouldn't be that much of a surprise i mean look whats happened to it now its not what it used to be so you know... be afraid!

Evil E.

Smash Ace
NNID
Elmoyounasty
well i for one am happy with the updates every week day it gives me sumthing to look forward to and also EVENTUALLY they will relase the date so...

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I think we are going to get two original character updates tomorrow (probably Kirby and Pikachu) and then either Metaknight or Wario friday.

I am not sure if Zamus or Snake will get profiles right away, because I have a feeling both will be unlockable. And didn't Sakurai say that the unlockables will show up on the site only after the game is released?

And then next week we might get Fox and Samus with the other newcomer (either Wario or Metaknight). If this a theme, we could be seeing returning characters sooner then E3.

Solid_Sneak

Smash Apprentice
You've always been able to shoot the super scope while jumping.
Sure, but you've never been able to jump while shooting the superscope.

Pretty interesting update if you ask me. Think of how much more effecient this makes firing items when more than 1 person is coming at you.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I think we are going to get two original character updates tomorrow (probably Kirby and Pikachu) and then either Metaknight or Wario friday.

I am not sure if Zamus or Snake will get profiles right away, because I have a feeling both will be unlockable. And didn't Sakurai say that the unlockables will show up on the site only after the game is released?

And then next week we might get Fox and Samus with the other newcomer (either Wario or Metaknight). If this a theme, we could be seeing returning characters sooner then E3.
I don't think we'll even see some new characters(especially those who are going to have to be unlocked) anytime soon it's close or until E3. i'm guessing that they'll either add a new stage or like you said 2 veteran characters like Kirby and Pikachu and one newcomer(Wario, Snake, Metaknight)

burrito

Smash Lord
I think you're right because neither Snake nor Zamus haven't shown up in any of the screenshots so far.

Now that I think about it, though, Pit didn't show up in any screenshots until they updated with him. It actually seems that, in terms of newcomers, they have been concentrating on Wario in most of the screenshots....

P.Vanity

Smash Ace
so does this mean just items, or will falco/fox/samus be able to run and shoot O.O..imagin how cool Mario would look runing and throwing fireballs around xD

GenG

Smash Lord
And didn't Sakurai say that the unlockables will show up on the site only after the game is released?
From Samurai Panda's thread:

#251-260: Sakurai in response to an email asking that everything be unlocked as a default = "Well... that is a tough question. As long as the internet exists, all secrets will be revealed quickly. Sometimes even before the game comes out, even. Secret characters are one of the fun parts of Smash. Although you don't want to find out until the very end, I guess [literally: 'after all,' so there is no doubt in this statement] I'll reveal them. Again, just like "Smash fist" [literally: 'Sumabura ken,' the name of the Japanese SSBM site?] I can't just hold these characters back. "
I think Sakurai aknowledges that Internet is serious business and the final roster screen will leak even before release. If I had to choose, I'd prefer to those secrets characters to have a proper presentation in DOJO instead a blurry shot. So I think they'll reveal them before release for everyone to check for their favorite.

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
So, is it not high time for the Zapper to take the place of the Raygun (which was hella cool in 64 and lame in Melee) next to the Super Scope?

Invisible beams? I could see that happen - interesting element of a match...

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Samus's beam could become a hell of a lot better in brawl if your able to run and use it at the same time... and what about beams that pass through walls?

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Is it just me or was it dumb to show the shooting and moving thing without revealing the super scope?

Stryks

Smash Hero
Many people are already thinking that ull be able to shoot special moves like samus charge beam, fox laser, marios fireball and stuff like that while moving, I wouldnt count on it, so far they only said u can use the projectile items while moving....

Yellow Mage

Smash Journeyman
The more that is revealed about this physics engine, the more I feel that everybody is going to pretty much be on the same level as far as playing the game goes.

Of course, that was just a very on-eggshells way of me hoping that little-known and unofficially recognized abuses (wavedash, etcetera) will no longer act as a barrier between the tourney regulars and the casuals who have never seen the hell that is Melee tournament play within thier lifetime. Kinda like what the Wii was designed for in the first place . . .

Also read as, the guys who made the game are smarter than your think, are learning from last time, and making a game where no single move is not "in the manual," as far as acessibility goes.

Sundown

Smash Journeyman
The more that is revealed about this physics engine, the more I feel that everybody is going to pretty much be on the same level as far as playing the game goes.

Of course, that was just a very on-eggshells way of me hoping that little-known and unofficially recognized abuses (wavedash, etcetera) will no longer act as a barrier between the tourney regulars and the casuals who have never seen the hell that is Melee tournament play within thier lifetime. Kinda like what the Wii was designed for in the first place . . .

Also read as, the guys who made the game are smarter than your think, are learning from last time, and making a game where no single move is not "in the manual," as far as acessibility goes.
Why dont u ask for an instant KO move used by pressing... A? I bet that would help erase the barrier between tourney regulars and casual crowd even more!!! Because... i mean seriously, why should players that practice a game 24/7 have ANY advantage over some1 that is playing the game for the first time ever? Thats just crazy thinking!!!, it is obviously fair and reasonable that some1 that plays the game 15 mins a day vs the computer should be able to compete and beat people that practice 5 hours a day or more and go to weekly gatherings!!!

Lolz ^_^

Yellow Mage

Smash Journeyman
You obviously mistook (have mistaken?) my point. Of course somebody who plays Smash more will naturally be better at it, as with any other game.

I'm just saying losers who waste thier lives away finding unfair and unheardof abuses merely to give themselves an uncomprable upper hand is a bit farfetched in itself. Thus, the divide between the professional and the casual.

The casual player should obviously always be at quite a dissadvantage against the professional in the first place, but they should at least have a tiny chance of getting a blow in instead of getting chain-wave-shined to a U-Smash . . . four times in a row, especially since no official resource (manuals . . . ) even warns said helpless victim of said abuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom