• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
What other rapid fire items could there be? There's the super scope and fire flower. Hmm...

A neat and unexpected upgrade. When I'm using the super scope I never thought, "Man, I wish I could run and shoot with this."

Kelexo

Smash Journeyman
I'm willing to bet this will work with things like Ray Gun. Maybe even melee (as in close-range) items can be used while walking...? And it'd be cool if you could use them in air as well.

Anyway, I figured you guys would go into upset about how this could be cheap or something. It might be cheap if you could charge it while walking/jumping, but I'm not seeing that happening myself.

Also: the super scope shot looks better. They could have achieved that in Melee, really, but its diffrent.

The Director

Smash Lord
Complete waste of an update if you ask me. Moving and shooting? Who gives a rats ***...they could have atleast given us a gun item update with it as well. That would have made it a good update.

Oh well. Maybe tomorrow's update will be a little better. :(

CutMet

Smash Journeyman
I was kinda disappointed by the update but I guess it was okay. Although I must say the Super Scope looks kind of weird. Correct me if I'm wrong but couldn't you shoot in the air in Melee?

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
Man why do people want so much? Daily updates, you want them show all the great stuff in the first few weeks then get crappy updates until games release?

I think it was a great update.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
I'm willing to bet this will work with things like Ray Gun. Maybe even melee (as in close-range) items can be used while walking...? And it'd be cool if you could use them in air as well.

Anyway, I figured you guys would go into upset about how this could be cheap or something. It might be cheap if you could charge it while walking/jumping, but I'm not seeing that happening myself.

Also: the super scope shot looks better. They could have achieved that in Melee, really, but its diffrent.
Well just to speculate about your Charging while walking, lets say Megaman does get into the game. He will most like have his Power Buster as a B move, which can be charged while walking, well I think the Super Scope would be awesome to have just to mess around with, you have Megaman's Power BUster Fully charged, then you have the SUper Scope fully charge, then you shoot them off at the same time = Awesome

Dacvak

Smash Ace
Wow, this was an awesome post, I think. Especially in comparison to the last few we've had. I mean, this opens up a LOT of speculation for items, especially the possibility of using regular short-range items in the air. What other items do you think will be affected by this new ability?

And just a little off-topic... Do you think they'll keep the Infinite Super Scope glitch in? It's not like it's easy to pull off, plus it allows for a pretty fun time. I'm hoping the developers recognize some of these glitches and keep them in.

~Dac

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
but what i really wanna know is, if they will allow items in tournaments, yano? because of how items work now, it requires more strategy and skill than before, could that lead to item games?
That would be pretty awesome, I don't really play with items any more because a noob can throw a bomb-omb at the right moment while I'm fighting someone.. and take me out with no skillz at allz:lick:

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
Everything that affects gamelay gets an automatic B+ from me as far as nice posts go. I mean, this could mean that Fox's raygun has the same aspect, not to mention it is quite cool to contemplate walking towards your opponent with a slowly charging Super Scope.

burrito

Smash Lord
Heh, the way that Wario is holding the super scope is really weird. Is Wario just holding it that way for comic effect or do all characters hold the super scope like that?

I really want some music. :(

Fastinyoh

Smash Apprentice
Everything that affects gamelay gets an automatic B+ from me as far as nice posts go. I mean, this could mean that Fox's raygun has the same aspect, not to mention it is quite cool to contemplate walking towards your opponent with a slowly charging Super Scope.
I really hope fox gets upgraded.

Erk Aduro

Smash Apprentice
Heh, the way that Wario is holding the super scope is really weird. Is Wario just holding it that way for comic effect or do all characters hold the super scope like that?

I really want some music. :(
Well, everyone in Melee had their own unique way of holding the various items, so it think that's just how Wario holds it. I'll bet he holds everything oddly. I'll even bet he holds the Homerun Bat upside down. XD

Yeah, some music would rock, but let's just be patient. ;)

GenG

Smash Lord
How could this be implemented into Fox' blaster? What if the pimp stance were actually a mode in which all your A moves were laser shots?

Legolastom

Smash Hero
How does wario do that with his hand!? i mean look at it.... its kinda going through his arm aint it?

NukeA6

Smash Master
Not much of an update but at least the superscope is back. This new strategy they revealed may make the fireflowers more dangerous.

AxemRed

Smash Journeyman
This actually makes me want to try out items again, if only for a little while. I mean think about it, items aren't completely geared towards FFA matches. In melee, the only way you'd be able to fire a charged super scope shot would be in a FFA. Now you can charge up while on the move...I think this was a smart move. As for the fire flower, I don't think it'll be as strong as it was in 64...I think it'll be similar to Melee, which means it probably won't be too overpowered.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yea, I agree. Fire Flowers are gonna become more fun, and useful.

And to the person who said, "Very minimal people play with items," I just want to let you know that this comment disgusts me.

The whole point of items is to have FUN, they add an element of luck and chaos to the proceedings--part of what Smash is all about!

If you take them away, YOU'RE the one minimalizing your potential experience.
Most memorable moments I've had playing Smash involved items.
Oh, but wait, the Smash community has become so driven with the burning desire to win that people have forgotten what it's really all about--FUN.

I can play with items on or items off, and I will certainly practice with them off when I play in competitive matches--but most of my Smashing is for FUN.

My college held 2 tourneys this year, and I won both of them, yet I always play with items--the tourneys had no items or very minimal items.
Using items is PART of being good at Smash, it's a core element of the game specifically designed to be used.

I'm not saying everyone should use them, I'm just saying that I get disgusted that some would say that using them is "minimal" as if we're loonies or something, when items are part of what makes Smash unique, and the designers put them in there to give us a good time, and furthermore, being a truly skilled player at Smash means you can play well no matter what conditions you're playing under--no matter the stage, no matter the items.

Obviously, there's always luck involved, but if you're good enough to overcome bad luck, then you've got yourself an advantage when luck is taken out, now don't ya?

Anyways, I'm excited about these new items and new mechanics to the game. I can't wait to see more.
I'm guessing you could use crawling as a counter to moving while shooting.

But here's my question: when shooting, do you strafe, or do change directions?

And yea, I was wondering that myself--how DOES Wario fire that thing with one hand?
I guess his hands are fat enough to pull it off, or something...

I just thought of a mechanic that would be sweet--being able to save Smash photos to your SD card so you can import them to your computer. That would really add some community aspects to the game.

As for online, if it does what Strikers does, I think I'll be satisfied.

Croco

Smash Lord
I guess this update was interesting.. I'm glad the super scope is back.. Though.. the way Wario is firing it makes it look awkward. The firing buttons are actually 3-4 inches behind his hand. So also what is the point of the shoulder rest? I can see this working with other items.. but with the super scope it looks awkward. It would look better if it was resting on his shoulder.. Unless that is how Wario holds it.. lol

NukeA6

Smash Master
I guess this update was interesting.. I'm glad the super scope is back.. Though.. the way Wario is firing it makes it look awkward. The firing buttons are actually 3-4 inches behind his hand. So also what is the point of the shoulder rest? I can see this working with other items.. but with the super scope it looks awkward. It would look better if it was resting on his shoulder.. Unless that is how Wario holds it.. lol
I guess they're gonna make Wario a weird character. Nice to see that he will be unique like Mr. Game and Watch. :grin:

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea thats a great idea a camera mode that puts the pictures straight to the photo channel (So you can put them onto sd cards) and so that you can send the pictures to people you have on registered on your wii!.

NukeA6

Smash Master
This now brings an idea of a new scenario: EXTERMINATION!

Just use only fire-flowers and exterminate all the bugs and rodents (Pikachu).

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
I think this is a fantastic update. With what we now know about the Gooey Bomb, Smash Ball, and 'shooting items', I think it's safe to say that using items will require a lot more strategy and a lot less luck this time around.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I loved during team matches when you could fire fully charged super scopes at your opponent through your team mate and they never see it coming!

Cisne

Smash Apprentice
I think this is a fantastic update. With what we now know about the Gooey Bomb, Smash Ball, and 'shooting items', I think it's safe to say that using items will require a lot more strategy and a lot less luck this time around.
This wont remove the "luck" factor.

Items appearance is not predictable. That is where items fail in the competitive level.

However im not going to turn off items for a long long while

Then , pro madness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom