• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Peach

Smash Ace
I'm sry if this has already been said, but I've noticed something on the smash dojo. When ever Sakurai updates the website he only puts up 4 new pics each update, or if he's putting an update on two or more characters he only has four pics on each characher.

I mean you've seen the latest update with the final smash right. 1 pic where he's explaining the final smash and 3 pics showing off Mario's final smash 1+3=4pics. If he does updates like this every time, we may get a different amount of every time. Like 1 pic explaining the new game modes, 1 pic for something he adds to the notices, and 2 pics on a new Item or something. 3 updates at one time. Understand what I'm talking about. Anyways I hoping he puts more updates and more pics. I want to get as much Info as possible.

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
I'm sry if this has already been said, but I've noticed something on the smash dojo. When ever Sakurai updates the website he only puts up 4 new pics each update, or if he's putting an update on two or more characters he only has four pics on each characher.

I mean you've seen the latest update with the final smash right. 1 pic where he's explaining the final smash and 3 pics showing off Mario's final smash 1+3=4pics. If he does updates like this every time, we may get a different amount of every time. Like 1 pic explaining the new game modes, 1 pic for something he adds to the notices, and 2 pics on a new Item or something. 3 updates at one time. Understand what I'm talking about. Anyways I hoping he puts more updates and more pics. I want to get as much Info as possible.
True, everyone wants info, but a lot of games don't release things like websites with daily blogs to keep people updated on some information. I'm satisfied with anything we get now, considering it's been half a year since the last trailor pretty much.

FSLMJM

Smash Journeyman
I wish they update the game mode section already. That's the only one they haven't updated yet other than Notices, which will be updated later imo. And maybe the small chance of him surprising everyone with a new character. Maybe he's just going to surprise everyone on a random day with a newcomer.

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
these pretzels..........

im truly not fussed about this anymore. these updates are good, not great, but as long as they keep coming im happy(ish).

after he gave those B moves for pit though, ive been craving the same for some of the other newcomers.....but i spose we gotta wait for the newcomer first, then come the moves....*cries*

burrito

Smash Lord
Anyway, I hope Ness returns. Or someone from EarthBound anyway.
The Mother series is extremely popular in Japan, so Ness will almost definitely be returning. If not, he might be replaced by Lucas, but they're pretty much the same characters, anyways.

A Diamond For Disease

Smash Journeyman
The Mother series is extremely popular in Japan, so Ness will almost definitely be returning. If not, he might be replaced by Lucas, but they're pretty much the same characters, anyways.
I'm a huge Earthbound fan and waited for the sequel for 11 years and they didn't release over here. So if they put Lucas in the game they better release Mother 3 over here. But I'ld rather have Ness and another Earthbound character.

burrito

Smash Lord
I'm a huge Earthbound fan and waited for the sequel for 11 years and they didn't release over here. So if they put Lucas in the game they better release Mother 3 over here. But I'ld rather have Ness and another Earthbound character.
Yeah, I know, I was disappointed, too.

Rash

Smash Ace
I, too, am dissapointed that Mother 3 has never, and probably will never, see an American release. I'd like to blame Nintendo for poor decision-making (operating all for the money instead of for the fans), but as a business decision I guess they took the right path. The American market just didn't handle Earthbound well, and therefore caused its abysmal sales. Sad, considering that EB is one of the greatest games on the SNES. It's too bad that we'll never know if Mother 3 will have sold better, considering the new size of the market and the legions of fans.

Anyway, I wouldn't worry about Ness. As I've said before, it only makes sense for all of the fighters from the original Smash Brothers to have guaranteed places in Brawl. Besides, didn't one of those news tidbits confirm all of the originals for the game?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^^ Don't worry about Ness beinjg in Brawl, he's practically confirmed. Seriously though, Nintendo has to stop being retarted and release Mother 3 worldwide. This IMo is one of Nintendo's biggest mistakes....EVER! , and noone is confirmed but the ones in the trailers Rash, that is a rumor, though it's probably true.

Yomon

Smash Apprentice
Woot! Earthbound talk, I totally agree with everyone about adding Earthbound/Mother 3 characters. I imported Mother 3 just to get informed with all the new characters and story and such. I wouldn't doubt we'd get an Earthbound/Mother 3 character or 2. I remember reading that there was Mother 3 music in SSBB. To further back that up there are two composers who composed music in Mother 3 that are listed on that big list on the official site.

I highly doubt we'll be getting any new characters any time soon, I expect that will start happening around E3. I'm thinking of the site in it's current state as an appetizer before the big meal that is E3.

Sandy

Smash Champion
I imported Mother 1+2 so I could play EarthBound. I don't understand Japanese, but I'm at the part where you get teleport.

Back on topic: I wouldn't mind if Lucas was in Brawl. He seems like a interesting character to me.

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
im not partial to Ness in any way. the only thing i care about from the earthbound/mother series is....MR SATURN! if that godly item doesnt return (preferably as a playable character, but as an item would suffice) then i'll eat my boot.

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
I've played with ness ever since I unlocked him in the 64 version, even when he was regarded as a "crap character" in melee, I truly do hope he returns in brawl. I'm waiting for the day he pops up as one of the confirmed characters (I hope).

Kelexo

Smash Journeyman
I'm a huge EB fan, but that Mr. Saturn item was was pretty useless. EB desirved a much better item. I mean, its a freaking RPG, doesn't it have SOMETHING interesting? HP Sucker...?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
There should be a...I dunno Earthbound level in Adventure mode. Seriously, have Starmen as enemies, along with Sharks, MAd Taxis, and random crazy people and cops=hilarious and friggen awsome! I got a EB item idea: A slingshot, a pan, or one of Jeff's guns (or a cookie)!

Sandy

Smash Champion
I'm thinking the Slime Generator or the Counter-Smash Unit (prevents use of smash ball) or maybe the Shield Killer

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Agree. No real players...competitive players use items in melee for a regular basis but, that might change. I can see these FS be avalible for tournaments to make it more actioned and hyped.
It's not about making more action, it's about using skill to win. How is it skillful if you or your opponent dies because a bomb landed on him? That's BS, FS' might be different but only time will tell.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Items require a certain skill (which is funny coming from me, everytime I use items at least 2 bomb-ombs kill me=lol! :laugh:) that no items doesn't. Using them wisely, throwing them, explosives...it's random luck with a certain odd type of skill, well if you take out explosives and Pokeballs at least :laugh: In the end the most skillful player almost always wins, with or without items.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Items require a certain skill (which is funny coming from me, everytime I use items at least 2 bomb-ombs kill me=lol! :laugh:) that no items doesn't. Using them wisely, throwing them, explosives...it's random luck with a certain odd type of skill, well if you take out explosives and Pokeballs at least :laugh: In the end the most skillful player almost always wins, with or without items.
definetely man. i mean if someone chucks a bob-omb at you it takes skill to dodge, or grab it and hurl it back at them. i use items as much as i don't use them so it helps my game in both ways

Kelexo

Smash Journeyman
Whenever it feels like!

My guess is we get another special move set, such as another Final Smash and/or a characters B move set.

I really want to see the B moves for any of the new characters. Pits was actually pretty interesting since we got to see the quick speed of his arrow, and know about a questionable Up B.

Kamaji

Smash Ace
I REALLY REALLY hope that they come out with a new video soon... That would be so incredibly unbelievably cool!!!

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
definetely man. i mean if someone chucks a bob-omb at you it takes skill to dodge, or grab it and hurl it back at them. i use items as much as i don't use them so it helps my game in both ways
you guys are right. it just takes different skills to fight with items than it does to fight without. it doesnt mean its better or more "skilled". just like ffa and 1v1. different types of skills for different types of matches.

back on topic, i hope the update comes at 12pm pst, i still got homework to do!

TheBlackrose

Smash Journeyman
i bet money its links final smash...the clues say it is cuz they showed mario first and the first two characters to be added were mario and link

180OP

Smash Journeyman
yay we can move and shoot at the same time!!

now sleepy time!

EDIT: wow im the first poster on this.

3:09AM EASTERN TORONTO TIME that means 3:09PM JAPAN, SITE WAS UPDATED.

now real sleepy time.

Cojiro

Smash Journeyman
is it just me or are people getting used to the letdown. So unbalanced, Final Smashes one day and - moving with shooting items - the next. GAYZOR.

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
What weird shadows they have in the second picture.

edit - ooh its the lines on the stage

Yomon

Smash Apprentice
I'm actually enjoying these small updates. They may not be a whole lot, but we're getting lots of screen shots, learning a little bit about the game every day, and it's just going to keep adding up for months.

Running and jumping while shooting is a great idea, even though it's nothing incredibly new in general. I'm one of those people who doesn't like using items in Melee, but Brawl is looking like it wants to make using items more fun and strategic than before. Maybe this whole jumping while shooting thing could give us a hint as to which controllers we're going to use? I'm still expecting GCN controllers to be used because that's what Sakurai said before he reveled Brawl.

EDIT: Further speculation from me... I wonder if Sakurai will use two or three weeks to unveil 4 characters, a stage, some items, moves, and other things, and then eventually give us a video of a match using only the characters, items, and the one stage he showed us. That would be kinda cool.

EDIT2: There wasn't an update for the Super Scope item or the "Smash Master" item. I would hope that when those items get their own description that there will be another update to go with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom