• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evolver

Smash Cadet
2 things are intressting:

After you grab this item, it'll rapidly release blast after blast of firecrackers that explode gaudily.

does that say it fires once triggered without stop (so you cant controll it...)

and the second thing is:

you hold it in your arms.

... maybe you cant attack while holding this item? (it would basicly be like a ranged hammer....)

Junaur

Smash Apprentice
Heh, Cracker launcher. I think a better question is, who didn't think of something involving white people when they saw the update?

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
No maybe. They are. "You hold it in your arms" is perfectly fine idiomatic English. Your typo didn't make much sense but that's to be expected.
"You hold it with your arms" - I see what your talking about now..:ohwell:

But still I don't see that kind of lango very often

Fawriel

Smash Master
You know the first thing I thought when I saw the name

"I bet people on smashboards are going to talk about racism"

then I was like "Hey let me go post that"

Get back and see everyone is talking about it.
Ahahahahahahahaha!

I didn't think of white people... well, probably because I'm German and didn't know the "other" meaning of the word.
If I had known it, my thoughts would've been the same as everyone's coupled with the same as Lemon Drops. :p

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
Ahahahahahahahaha!

I didn't think of white people... well, probably because I'm German and didn't know the "other" meaning of the word.
If I had known it, my thoughts would've been the same as everyone's coupled with the same as Lemon Drops. :p
Hmmm, wierd how the U.S. has so many different slang words

Also your sig creeps me out :ohwell:

GenG

Smash Lord
It's not new, but this is interesting: Next to each item, a symbol about its procedence is shown. Only if you check each section as a list with the icon over each update.

The launcher is a Smash item by the way.

Smash world icon is world_w_00.gif, while Zelda's is 09, Mario's 10 and Kid Icarus' 18. A clue?

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
C-Stick = Control-stick

The other is the analog stick. Duh. Because he's hinting at using the Gamecube controller, all while Nintendo is not letting him tell us exactly how we'll control till e3.

*starts to cry*
you see? He does love us, it's just nintendo getting in the way. Why? WHHyy?

p.s. Brawl is going to be so pretty. (and hectic) Imagine setting crackershooters and pokeballs on high.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
It's not new, but this is interesting: Next to each item, a symbol about its procedence is shown. Only if you check each section as a list with the icon over each update.

The launcher is a Smash item by the way.

Smash world icon is world_w_00.gif, while Zelda's is 09, Mario's 10 and Kid Icarus' 18. A clue?
Interesting...at least 18 worlds? Probably not. That is something to look out for, though. Nice find. ;)
It didn't say C-Stick. It said control stick. It doesn't make sense; how can you move with this item if the control stick is used. Unless it's a type/mistranslation of some sort.
Maybe you still move if you hold it diagonally kinda like in Metroid?

Cisne

Smash Apprentice
I dont think so , this game is to fast to aim "metroid" way.

2 sticks is the best option , so gcp or vcp , please gcp PLEASE X_X

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I presume you just aim with the analogue stick once and it stays like that while your moving unless you press up and then it goes up.

kabloodysun

Smash Apprentice
I wonder since it seems so heavy and cumbersome that when holding it you will walk the speed of normal characters holding the box or barrel in SSBM. Very cool though

Erk Aduro

Smash Apprentice
Maybe since you use the Control Stick to aim, but you are evidentially able to jump while holding it this hints that there is a definite jump button? The item look fun. I imagine you could probably go at jogging speed (fastest walking speed), but you more than likely won't be able to dash while wielding it it.

When I saw Cracker Launcher, I thought of that snack food Cracker Jack. Though I still found the "racist" post funny as hell.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Heh, Cracker launcher. I think a better question is, who didn't think of something involving white people when they saw the update?
. . .Me.

I thought of radio static (Crackals) that could stop or miss with a characters controls for a well.

. . . .Guess my mind missread it at first sight because I wouldn't see the name "Cracker launcher" as something powerful.

But once I reread the name I thought ". . . .Fireworks?".
Odd, I guess I just don't think as much about racial slang as I use to now that I actually go to a college with alot of white people :ohwell: (I can finally see how white people are now on a one-on-one bases and not make blunt guesses).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom