• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Ionno, the way he says it, it can still mean that you can use one Final Smash per Smash Ball...

This update was easily the best one so far. Hmm, it does look like you can store the effects to be released later, since Sakurai gives us that tip about going to one side of the stage to use Mario's...

And it looks like Mario can go DBZ lol... Sakurai said you can release it in a midair position, which means Mario could be floating off the side of a stage while performing the Finale...

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
hmmm.. this has me wondering about zamus. Will this be the way she transforms and if so does that mean she can only do it once per battle?

Chepe

Smash Lord
Eh, Im of the opinion that the only way Samus and Zamus are transform characters is through this Final Smash, and that they will both still be selectable from the roster screen. That of course, is another story though...

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
I think it is the Great Fox. It's not the one we're used to seeing, obviously, but instead it's the one seen in Star Fox Command, which would make sense considering Fox does have more of his Command look in this game.

And to be perfectly honest, I like this stage a bit more than the original Great Fox, which is not my personal favorite level for my Fox =P
I'm thinking that it's Metaknight's level that was shown in the first trailer.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Noooo, that doesn't make sense! Final Smashes are like a "personalized hammer", they are just some big attack a character can use with a Smash Ball!

How about this: The "special conditions" under which Samus transforms into Zamus means... that she gains the transformation after it has been unlocked. And then she can, I dunno, use a directional pad button or so. Or you hold A pressed while the game loads and she appears transformed like Sheik. But transforming with a Smash Ball is just.. absurd.

EDIT: This is interesting. Checked the German translation again, and it translated the "hammer" part differently... "it hits like a hammer... if it does hit."
Maybe that's just the Germans being bad translators again, but maybe not?

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
I really don't think that Zamus needing to be activated via a Smash Ball is really all that bad.

Oh, that's right, there's a ton of crazies out there who never play with items on, despite items being one of the key features that makes Smash Bros. SMASH BROS. and unique from other fighters...
My bad. =P

I can't understand why people would opt to ALWAYS play without items when items add such an element of fun to the proceedings, and it takes skill to use items effectively and avoid their effects, too. People just don't like to sacrifice "training" for "fun," I suppose.

Fawriel

Smash Master
The problem with that is that items aren't used in professional play... in this case, the problem is not really bad training, but the fact that Zamus would be excluded from professional play if she was only activated via a Final Smash...
...or did you talk about unlocking her?

MarsBitrona

Smash Apprentice
It's quite a shame that the Final Smash will only appear in multiplayer matches for a couple of months before being turned off forever in favor of boring old "competitive play". It just wouldn't be a major gameplay innovation unless you can shut it off and forget it ever existed.

Rejecting change: apparantly the sign of a true Smash player.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Now that I've seen this update, I wonder if the bosses wiill have final smashes of their own.

*pictures Master Hand causing Armageddon*

GenG

Smash Lord
I doubt Sakurai would harm Samus' balance to put a transformation, and even less to tie a character to an item.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Noooo, that doesn't make sense! Final Smashes are like a "personalized hammer", they are just some big attack a character can use with a Smash Ball!

How about this: The "special conditions" under which Samus transforms into Zamus means... that she gains the transformation after it has been unlocked. And then she can, I dunno, use a directional pad button or so. Or you hold A pressed while the game loads and she appears transformed like Sheik. But transforming with a Smash Ball is just.. absurd.

EDIT: This is interesting. Checked the German translation again, and it translated the "hammer" part differently... "it hits like a hammer... if it does hit."
Maybe that's just the Germans being bad translators again, but maybe not?
There must be another way of getting Zamus (i.e. heavy damage).

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Maybe zamus is unlocked once you complete a special condition on story mode i mean the 1 who know what the 1 player mode will be like now it might even have a map screen!

And how is kirbys FS going to work anyway?

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Eh, Im of the opinion that the only way Samus and Zamus are transform characters is through this Final Smash, and that they will both still be selectable from the roster screen. That of course, is another story though...
I think this makes sense. Samus in the trailer, when she did her "super cannn", the armor dissapeared and hse transformed into Zsamus. Maybe after the attack, she stays as zero samus till the end of the battle.

Although i think this will force some samus players to forcefully play as Zsamus, which could be disliked by many.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Maybe zamus is unlocked once you complete a special condition on story mode i mean the 1 who know what the 1 player mode will be like now it might even have a map screen!

I guess the same it worked in Kirby SUper Star?

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
It's quite a shame that the Final Smash will only appear in multiplayer matches for a couple of months before being turned off forever in favor of boring old "competitive play". It just wouldn't be a major gameplay innovation unless you can shut it off and forget it ever existed.

Rejecting change: apparantly the sign of a true Smash player.
dont worry, this will just happen with the minority of people who likes to play competitifve smash. The majority of smash players around the world will never turn off items XD

Shade_666

Smash Apprentice
Couldn't you just have the FS ball as the only item on on low or something when someone wants to play as zamus? it would take forever for the ball to come and you would be sitting there a while but if she's good it will be worth it. But then again if she sucks it won't matter.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I can't understand why people would opt to ALWAYS play without items when items add such an element of fun to the proceedings, and it takes skill to use items effectively and avoid their effects, too. People just don't like to sacrifice "training" for "fun," I suppose.
The problem for items in Melee was the random explosions. You don't want to do an attack and have an capsule appear in front of the attack, have it explode from your attack, and you end up losing a stock from it (wether outrightly killed, or just edgeguarded afterwards)

If capsules and crates can be turned off in Brawl, items may have a chance of seeing competative play.

MarsBitrona

Smash Apprentice
My guess is after he pulls out a pot, there will be a circle around him which means certain boiling for all inside. I imagine it would start off small then grow to fill over half the stage.
Also known as the best Final Smash ever.

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
*Pictures Bowser picking up the Smash Ball and emit the gigantic fire breath that explodes in the air, sending smaller flames and creeping blue fire everywhere, a la SM 64*

*Pictures Pikachu sending jolts everywhere, electrifying parts of the stage.

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
In the Kirby game where the Cook special was used, enemies voluntarily jumped into the pot, where then seasoned and turned into health items.

After eating said treats, Kirby then smooched his partner, in order to share the taste and the health benefits.

I just realized know that that is really really freaky.

Why in the name of the guy that invented the remote control would anyone want to throw his smash balls?

Black/Light

Smash Master
. . . Well, I can half way stroke this off my "Things I knew about but still wanted to learn more about (IDK whats up if Kirby's and Link's final smash. . .)".

Now. . .COME ON PIKA PROFILE!

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
IMO I believe that if a character grabs a Smash Orb then it will fuse within them and the player would press a certain button to unleash which would be awesome or if a player grabs it, then they would have to hurry up and use it before it fades away but i think it's unlikely because after all he did say that you could only use it one

Cenedar

Smash Ace
Final Smash... I really like that name. A sense of ominous doom about it.

Now we just need to get Meta-Knight's profile up there and see his FS... PLEASE!?

Zeeb

Smash Cadet
In the Kirby game where the Cook special was used, enemies voluntarily jumped into the pot, where then seasoned and turned into health items.

After eating said treats, Kirby then smooched his partner, in order to share the taste and the health benefits.

I just realized know that that is really really freaky.

Why in the name of the guy that invented the remote control would anyone want to throw his smash balls?
Thats almost it but not quite, the cook power just sucked in everything on the screen (including enemy projectiles i.e. Sir Kibble's cutter) and made them into tasty snacks. The smooches for health sharing were just an added benefit. :D And Kirby likes to get freaky.

Also, I know E3 is coming and all but I feel that if there's this much information per character (B moves, FS, stages, basic profile etc..) we could be here for a very long time... before we get anywhere near the release date that is.

vericz

Smash Champion
With the samus/Zamus issue i really hope the transformation doesnt take away from any of samus's attacks. Maybe it will be a dpad direction or, The one i would rather have, Zamus a completely separate character.

Kamaji

Smash Ace
I really hope samus doesnt use a FS to transform. Its still a possibility that its just like a zelda/shiek thing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom