• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Until I saw the "half of Pit's B moves" update, I didn't want to come to the realization that it is impossible-- to draw out the "daily updates" any more. The ONLY thing to make it slower, is to update just ONE B move instead of two, and to spend an entire update on the menu options, such as, "today's update, we'll tell you what options are on the main menu. guess what! its the same as Melee, with Single Player, Multiplayer, etc, etc."

I mean, we've got: 5 days, not 7; individual updates for items, stages, music, pieces of characters.

I am extremely grateful though that they actually are updating. So don't get me wrong..

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
Final Smash is pretty sweet, can't wait to set Item rate up to High only have this item active XD

Also it is a item >.>

The Director

Smash Lord
I like how the whole Final Smash thing has been put to rest...as we suspected, it's done with an item.

And yes, I think the Smash Orb should have been added in today's update. Since it wasn't, that probably means that it will be added under the items section in another update. Hopefully when they do that, they'll add something else as well so it doesn't feel like a waste of an update. (if you catch my drift)

About tonight's update...let's see if they update with returning characters, my money's on Pikachu and Kirby! :laugh:

Snifit

Smash Cadet
Now here's a question. The Dojo says the FS can be used once. Does this mean once per match by anyone, or once per character? :confused:

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I like how the whole Final Smash thing has been put to rest...as we suspected, it's done with an item.

And yes, I think the Smash Orb should have been added in today's update. Since it wasn't, that probably means that it will be added under the items section in another update. Hopefully when they do that, they'll add something else as well so it doesn't feel like a waste of an update. (if you catch my drift)

About tonight's update...let's see if they update with returning characters, my money's on Pikachu and Kirby! :laugh:
Sorry but FSs can only be used once, that's what it said on the site at least. Well, I'm glad it's an item other it would completely mess up non-item matches. And yes, I play item matches from time to time so don't gimme and bull**** about not wanting items.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Now here's a question. The Dojo says the FS can be used once. Does this mean once per match by anyone, or once per character? :confused:
I'm assuming it's going to be once per match which means everytime you play a match your character will be able to use it

Fawriel

Smash Master
Probably per character. Otherwise, you'll never see poor little Bowser do his FS. =<
I think someone suggested that it means "once per Smash Ball". Which makes no sense, because any item can only be used once.

GenG

Smash Lord
Probably per character. Otherwise, you'll never see poor little Bowser do his FS. =<
I think someone suggested that it means "once per Smash Ball". Which makes no sense, because any item can only be used once.
Most of the items can be used many times (blaster, sword, bat, fan, etc.) and it was needed to point out that you just can use your Final Smash ONCE everytime you grab a ball, because you don't enter in a "superpowahful status in which I can spam giant phire until it runs out" and people could think about that possibility too.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
I like your avatar ethan. I want to see everyones special and my long awaited Pit.
If it was once per battle then I would just say don't bother with it.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Thank you, creo. Did you get wifi? If they put shiek in, i wonder wat his fs will be...

When do you think this will come out?

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Okay I have argued this plenty of times but Sheik is a girl people! Most likely not in so don't get your hopes up. No not yet but I will PM you so just wait until then.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
shiek is a guy! she turned into a guy to hide from ganon! when the say "she flows across the battlefield" in the manual, at HEART she is zelda, which is a girl, but shiek is a man. look at his chest! no boobs!

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
It would be very interesting if it turned out item use was finally balanced. I just love this kind of flashy stuff, and I hope as Mic said that there turns out to be a way to turn off exploding carriers.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Sheik has boobs(above to ethan)and is a girl. Play OoT and she takes the mask off in Hyrule Temple and is Zelda. It friggin shows you it! Plus, the voice is definitely a woman. Don't argue Zelda facts I know are true.
Side note to ethan: you don't need big boobs to be a girl. Sorry if I can't post this but I had to.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Zelda just uses her magic to make herself look like a male and i doubt she is gonna be in brawl seeing as they are using tp characters... but maybe they would make it ww Zelda transforms into tetra...

Kelexo

Smash Journeyman
I remember my friend looked it up, and found that sheik, in the japanese version of OoT, was a body that zelda took control of or something of the sort. He was a warrior that had long passed away, and zelda was just using his body.

I'm not saying I'm right, this is just what I heard.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I remember my friend looked it up, and found that sheik, in the japanese version of OoT, was a body that zelda took control of or something of the sort. He was a warrior that had long passed away, and zelda was just using his body.

I'm not saying I'm right, this is just what I heard.
Well i think thats false... maybe your friend is getting confused with majoras mask.

Solid_Sneak

Smash Apprentice
Play OoT and she takes the mask off in Hyrule Temple and is Zelda. It friggin shows you it!
I just finished playing OoT for the 3rd time, and 'Hyrule Tample' doesn't exsist nor does Shiek remove a mask to show you it's Zelda - she transfomrms.

However, I was always under the impression that Shiek was female. The eyes, voice, harp, all point to Shiek being a woman, who is jsut dressed rather manly.

Besides, there is no reference in the game owing to Shiek being male, except for when Ruto asks you where Shiek is in the water temple. She asks, "where did he go?" or something like that. This is explained by Ruto having no clue if it was a man or woman at first glance, and since it's a ninja-like figure, she proabably assumed it's a man.

Anyways, my point is, Shiek is a woman, but she looks masculine. A character similar to that is Samus. She's a tomboy. Even a statue of truth tells you in OoT that princess Zelda is a tomboy. It's not like she transforms her entire body into a man (ew). Also, Zelda's boobs were never massively huge, and they'd be easy to conceal in a costume like Shiek's :laugh:. On top of that Shiek in Melee has pectorials that look rather odd/large.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
Sheik has boobs(above to ethan)and is a girl. Play OoT and she takes the mask off in Hyrule Temple and is Zelda. It friggin shows you it! Plus, the voice is definitely a woman. Don't argue Zelda facts I know are true.
Side note to ethan: you don't need big boobs to be a girl. Sorry if I can't post this but I had to.
there is actually a screen shot that was shown iof Ocarina of Time where it show them talking about sheik and it definitely refers to sheik as a him. it was actual dialouge from the game, that said "him" refering to shiek...peace

-hiroshi

Sundown

Smash Journeyman
It's quite a shame that the Final Smash will only appear in multiplayer matches for a couple of months before being turned off forever in favor of boring old "competitive play". It just wouldn't be a major gameplay innovation unless you can shut it off and forget it ever existed.

Rejecting change: apparantly the sign of a true Smash player.
If you think of competitive play as "boring" or "old" then you obviously havent reached the level of play yet :/, trust me, once u do, ull see its not boring, and its definetly not getting old.

Items add randomness and luck to the game, thats why they arent used in competitive play, where skills should be the only determining factor to win, not who got the hammer first -_-

TheBlackrose

Smash Journeyman
so how rare do u think this item is gunna be saying u play a four stock match do u think it will be like mew/ celibi rare lugia rare or like a simple starman rare and also say if mario gets the item first will another ever appear in the same battle and just exclude mario from getting it again?....also i just thought say when u get it and u have to press a button to activate it but an enemy throws a gooey bomb on you while u are about to activate it do u think the FS will be canceled out or stop?

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
there is actually a screen shot that was shown iof Ocarina of Time where it show them talking about sheik and it definitely refers to sheik as a him. it was actual dialouge from the game, that said "him" refering to shiek...peace

-hiroshi
No it is not peace...your wrong. Yes there is dialouge from the game referring to Sheik as a man but that is because they did not know. Zelda is Sheik. Both girls. Zelda learned how to fight like that from Impa people. Sorry for saying she takes her mask off, but you are proving my point even more from my mistake...SHE TRANSFORMS. I have beaten it like 6 times but have not played it to that part since then so my bad.

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
I don't think it will be that rare, people will actually want to use them to see what each characters will be. Personally, my friends and I will use them for a month max, then turn off all items again just to see what each characters FS is. Sure, they will probably look cool, but we like playing with items off in melee, and I doubt that will change for brawl.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Agree. No real players...competitive players use items in melee for a regular basis but, that might change. I can see these FS be avalible for tournaments to make it more actioned and hyped.

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
Yea, that's true. But in one on one's, if the item is left in for competitive play, depending on if it is "overpowered", it could give someone an edge by merely getting to an item first. I guess we'll just have to see how it evens out, possibly.

And @ the shiek discussion
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shiek_(The_Legend_of_Zelda)#Sheik

The little entry shows both points about shiek being possibly a male, and female. It is never known for sure it seems whether or not Zelda remains a female or becomes a male in that form. The trophy's in melee refer to shiek being a "her" while some characters address shiek as a "he." It could be understandable because the character does look like a male, but in my opinion, things point more towards shiek being female. Considering that it IS Zelda transformed and the sounds the character makes when hurt sound female, I'm going to say female on this.

Just my little opinion on that.

Sandy

Smash Champion
I don't think the Triforce allows sex changes..

Wikipedia said:
When Link arrives at the Temple of Time near the end of the game, Sheik uses the Triforce of Wisdom and reverts to Zelda. It is assumed, in this case, that she uses her magical skills (as a Sage) to change her skin tone, hair length, eye color, etc. This is all supported by the Sheik trophy in Super Smash Bros. Melee. It is presumed she changes her voice as well as her build and her clothing; in addition, a female voice actor is heard when in pain in both Ocarina and Super Smash Bros. Melee, adding to the belief that Zelda may have been imitating a deep voice as Sheik. It has also been argued that Sheik’s apparent build may simply be concealed armor Zelda wears over her torso, however, this would detract from Sheik's apparent flexibility, suggesting the form is genuine. It should be noted however that when Link encounters Princess Ruto in the Water Temple in Ocarina of Time she asks Link to thank Sheik for saving her and refers to Sheik as "him". It is unknown, however, if Ruto was actually aware of Sheik's dual-identity. Sheik is referred to as "her" in the trophies in Super Smash Bros. Melee, but it's questioned whether this reference is canonical or not due to the involvement of Shigeru Miyamoto in this game.
Anyway, I hope Ness returns. Or someone from EarthBound anyway.

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
Anyway, I hope Ness returns. Or someone from EarthBound anyway.
I'm not sure if this "news/rumor" is true, or if this has even been posted on a thread yet, but....

http://nintendrone.blog.com/1780019/

Scroll down to the brawl section, apparently this guy interviewed somebody, whom he cannot say, and got some answers to some things.

One answer says all the original smashers are returning (SSB64 smashers?), so if that's true, ness will be back (I hope)

I am not sure how much trust can be put into this information, but it's something to look forward to. I won't get my hopes up by believing it, but it was interesting to read it for 2 minutes.

Sandy

Smash Champion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom