• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shuma

Smash Hero
"#251-260: Sakurai will make Snake (and all other guest, i.e. 3rd party, characters) into an unlockable character. Sakurai will also eventually reveal all the secret characters (most likely what he did when melee was released: give details on a single starting character every week until release, then after release, give details on one secret character every week until they've all been done)."

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=72642

There ^^^.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Jeeze...it's an actual law of these forums to read and live by that thread. All of the stuff in there can be considered common knowledge and you can legitimately be considered stupid for not knowing it.

bluethree

Smash Journeyman
That means nothing to me. A comment that Sakurai made before development saying "most likely" doesn't mean that it won't happen.

Yomon

Smash Apprentice
Woot! update! What we thought was called a "Super Smash" is now called "Final Smash"

Awesome! And we'll be getting updates on what each character's Final Smash is. Yay! :D

EDIT: LOL at the "Bam! BambambambamBAM!" comment under the last picture xD

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
Apparently they update the site one at a time by language. I clicked on German for the heck of it, and it's updated! There is info on the smash emblem, or special move (or whatever its called.)

The American update should be any minute now.

SYC!

Smash Apprentice
Why did you even bring up unlockable characters? Unlockable =/= Unannounced

Besides, no where in there did it say that he won't reveal unlockable characters until after release. There was a distinct "most likely."

EDIT: Woot! Update. Nice.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I really hope they don't make more 'THIS IS A SMALL DETAIL' updates like last Friday's.

It's refreshing to get real info.

MeleeMan

Smash Ace
NNID
WilderFTW
3DS FC
2105-9709-5961
who's the character in the bottom of the last new screen?

EDIT: Nvm its fox, just looked strange.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
"If Mario launches this at you, you'd better flee!"

Looks like these are avoidable after all then. It also seems to suggest that you have time before you release the attack, so it doesn't seem to happen the instant you pick it up.

You can look forward to experiencing the glowing personality behind each of the many Final Smashes!

Lol, I love Sakurai's descriptions:laugh:

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Oh, and what you were saying about this?

"#251-260: Sakurai will make Snake (and all other guest, i.e. 3rd party, characters) into an unlockable character. Sakurai will also eventually reveal all the secret characters (most likely what he did when melee was released: give details on a single starting character every week until release, then after release, give details on one secret character every week until they've all been done)."

The parenthesis are the translator's notes. So really, it's just this:

"#251-260: Sakurai will make Snake into an unlockable character. Sakurai will also eventually reveal all the secret characters."

Woo. It was saying that Snake isn't available from the get-go.

180OP

Smash Journeyman
good thing the smash ball is an item. That means competitive tourney smash like MLG wont be using it but it does sound/is insanely cool.

great update!

Kelexo

Smash Journeyman
and only after obtaining an item called the Smash Ball
It is an item, it just isn't put into the item catagory because its an explanation of a new concept. There may or may not be an update with that in the item catagory, but it definantly is an item.

Also, I don't believe you can only do it once per round, but I believe he was saying that you cant just use it whenever you please...only after grabbing the item, and only once for that item.

Dither

Smash Apprentice
It is an item, it just isn't put into the item catagory because its an explanation of a new concept. There may or may not be an update with that in the item catagory, but it definantly is an item.

Also, I don't believe you can only do it once per round, but I believe he was saying that you cant just use it whenever you please...only after grabbing the item, and only once for that item.
My mistake. Didn't read close enough.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Intresting, it's called a smash ball, thought it would be called something cool like a smash emblem, o well. Neat though, the ones this week are better than the ones from last week, other than the first one.

Kelexo

Smash Journeyman
Just making sure we all get that straight since it says so right there.

Also: "He got a Smash Ball! Mario is standing by!"

My my, this man is strange.

Kelexo

Smash Journeyman
"Bam! Bam! BambambambamBAM!"

Reminds me of the guy in the crazy Xbox 360 lady whateveryoucallit

Another thing: Mario appears to have a firey veil around him, i wonder if every character has something diffrent or it will always be that firey look

EDIT: Hold on...what level is captured in the Mario screens?

Somasu

Smash Ace
Kelexo - looks to be Fox's level (Great Fox?)

Ah, Sakurai, you crazy man. You have now got me giggling at the "Bam! Bam! BambambambamBAM" xD

Now, quick Mario! Short Hop Mario Finale into a wavelanded DSmash!

Junaur

Smash Apprentice
>_<
This may be missing the point, but Somasu, if he was close enough to waveland a DSmash after a ranged attack like that, wouldn't that kinda mean he didn't use the attack to it's fullest potential?

Devastlian

Smash Lord
I don't know why they posted that but here's the full version:

#251-260: Sakurai in response to an email asking that everything be unlocked as a default = "Well... that is a tough question. As long as the internet exists, all secrets will be revealed quickly. Sometimes even before the game comes out, even. Secret characters are one of the fun parts of Smash. Although you don't want to find out until the very end, I guess [literally: 'after all,' so there is no doubt in this statement] I'll reveal them. Again, just like "Smash fist" [literally: 'Sumabura ken,' the name of the Japanese SSBM site?] I can't just hold these characters back. "

(And then the Snake part was after that. SP needs to ditch those little summaries. :/)

By saying that he'll probably wait to reveal the secret characters until after the release, one could infer that all the starting characters will be revealed before the release.

That's all I was saying, really.

Somasu

Smash Ace
>_<
This may be missing the point, but Somasu, if he was close enough to waveland a DSmash after a ranged attack like that, wouldn't that kinda mean he didn't use the attack to it's fullest potential?
Haha, true enough, true enough.

Either that, or his opponents DIed it incredibly wrong.

Or Mario has some super wavedash x10.

Or both.

Either way, I'm just messing around =P The brain doesn't work quite properly at 5:30 in the morning

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
So, a tip for all American Smash fans: Go for the UK/Ireland site, seeing as how it seems to update earlier.

Also: Bam! Bam! Bambambambam!

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Kelexo - looks to be Fox's level (Great Fox?)

Ah, Sakurai, you crazy man. You have now got me giggling at the "Bam! Bam! BambambambamBAM" xD

Now, quick Mario! Short Hop Mario Finale into a wavelanded DSmash!
^^^^, then have Luigi appear, and show off his WD skillz for a good laugh! C'mon Sakurai, at least confirm someone we already know is in, like DK, Luigi, Bowser, or Yoshi. O well, at least we get something, and these pics are pretty tight!

bamabmambambmambmabBAM!=lol, that made me crack up for like 5 minutes straight=njk! That's random funny right there, but still funny!

It proably isn't the Great Fox, looks like something out of SF Assault or *gasp* the next Star Fox game! ;) :laugh: :)

Junaur

Smash Apprentice
Heh, yep, I gotta get to bed too. Still have school T_T. With an update like this, we really ought to discuss more stuff along that line, strategies and stuff. See ya later!

Somasu

Smash Ace
It proably isn't the Great Fox, looks like something out of SF Assault or *gasp* the next Star Fox game! ;) :laugh: :)
I think it is the Great Fox. It's not the one we're used to seeing, obviously, but instead it's the one seen in Star Fox Command, which would make sense considering Fox does have more of his Command look in this game.

And to be perfectly honest, I like this stage a bit more than the original Great Fox, which is not my personal favorite level for my Fox =P

Fawriel

Smash Master
Aww, you guys disappoint me. After seeing this, I expected *at least* 10 pages.

So yeah! It's an item indeed! Not only does Sakurai call it specifically an "Item"... hah! I checked the German page. It's absolutely official. Even the German translation calls it an "Item". The English term.
And he even calls it a "personalized hammer", and the hammer, as we all know, is a super-powerful... item!

Rawk.

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
Once per game raises some interesting choices. while we saw Mario go bazookas directly after picking up the Smash Ball in the trailer, this doesn't confirm that the Final Smash cannot be stored for the right moment.

Naturally, if you get K.O'd while charged up you lose the opportunity to use it in the entire match... Once per character!

This is an hypothesis. Any other takes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom