• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

NG7

Smash Lord
So what happens if you shield when they try to foolstool you?

Teams could get interesting with team-mates foolstooling off eachother lol

Chaotic Yoshi

Smash Lord
But they added alot of stages with no below stage kill zone, just sides and top. So there won't be THAT many meteors...

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
I think that was one of the most sexiest updates ever. Mind games can be so sick now. Especially in team. and from the yoshi screens. I guess if you land on someone weight compattable you can ride them. Since the sakira said that u have to jump off of them at the right time. Just think of the combinations. There could be 2 charge shots flying across the screen. And so much more.

Smashgasim #1 Its a team battle. Yoshi and samus have to take down peach. But they can't catch her normally. Samus jumps in the air. In mid distance of her jump. Yoshi jumps on samus. This gives him another jump. An yoshi goes for the super high f air. ( lol i dont know it that would work since we dont know if you can jump again in the air since its a meteor in the air already. But it would be coool)

Del Money

Smash Champion
well leadies and gentleman...Del Money is back!!! what a disappointment that the board crashed yesterday all night longing and i fell asleep waiting for the fix.these problems are really ****ing pissing me off.

Off-Topic: so i perused through every i had missed and noticed that there was talk about that stupid fake Sonic 7/26 deadline article (with "ESRB" spelled wrong on it), the baseball and RDK's joke directed at me, ethan's (who im surprised is only 3 years younger than me) lack of skeet knowledge (which everyone decided to sexeducate him on the art of..."creaming"), Weed is still a *****-*** mother****er, Roy aparrently likes guy while Marth is a metro, and Contents_Under_Pressure finally shows up consistently on the boards after like 5 days dammit. amazing what you miss when you prepare for your bro's wedding

On-Topic: can you say lame update? i mean the only thing thatll be useful for is perhaps edgegarding. apart from that, you really have to be a ****ing n00b to not know how to up-smash, up-tilt, or up-aerial someone trying to jump on you. only thing im inerested in is how th non-anthropomorphic (dont know if i spelled that right) characters like zelda, link, sexy suit samsu, etc. will look when theyre jumped on

XenoGuard

Smash Journeyman
I think that was one of the most sexiest updates ever. Mind games can be so sick now. Especially in team. and from the yoshi screens. I guess if you land on someone weight compattable you can ride them. Since the sakira said that u have to jump off of them at the right time. Just think of the combinations. There could be 2 charge shots flying across the screen. And so much more.

Smashgasim #1 Its a team battle. Yoshi and samus have to take down peach. But they can't catch her normally. Samus jumps in the air. In mid distance of her jump. Yoshi jumps on samus. This gives him another jump. An yoshi goes for the super high f air. ( lol i dont know it that would work since we dont know if you can jump again in the air since its a meteor in the air already. But it would be coool)
I agree with you, this move can be used in many ways, it will be fun testing ti on Dec 3rd

zerosin

Smash Apprentice
On-Topic: can you say lame update? i mean the only thing thatll be useful for is perhaps edgegarding. apart from that, you really have to be a ****ing n00b to not know how to up-smash, up-tilt, or up-aerial someone trying to jump on you. only thing im inerested in is how th non-anthropomorphic (dont know if i spelled that right) characters like zelda, link, sexy suit samsu, etc. will look when theyre jumped on
:chuckle:
Sakurai said this was a meteor smash, so if meteor cancels still exist, this technique will have almost no use. Maybe in teams, but probably not.
*edit*
Okay, seems Yoshido's post has convinced me otherwise.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
no i can't say lame update. this adds so much strategy to the gameplay. and what if it were a team match? what if the character you jump on was trying to KO your opponent using a diffrent move? plus there's lag after an attack to consider.

and characters like link, i'd say the same thing, even if it does look cartoony

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
:chuckle:
Sakurai said this was a meteor smash, so if meteor cancels still exist, this technique will have almost no use. Maybe in teams, but probably not.
Eh, theres still uses for meteors, not everyone is super good and can avoid things like this all the time... I wish there were more smash players in my area, I've played several dozen people and brought the beatdown on them all. Thats why I hope Brawl has online so I have some more challage cause even with lag and whatnot it's still better then playing alone.

Blackadder

Smash Master
I dislike this new tactic myself...
It seems a little tacked on to me. But it is definatly an attempt from
Sakurai to balance the game out more, no doubt.
Methinks this move will cause mayhem in le matches.

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
so wouldn't they just jump on their head again?
Why yes he would good sir. An either a since he used his second jump to jump off of him he would use his up b. and it would turn into an intense race to get back to the ledge. Or b it would be a jumping almost mid air battle.

greenblob

Smash Lord
If the knockback is similar to meteors used on grounded opponents, it might setup for some nice combos since you're launched into the air along with your opponent.

5@/\/\U5

Smash Apprentice
If the knockback is similar to meteors used on grounded opponents, it might setup for some nice combos since you're launched into the air along with your opponent.
doesn't look like the case. Wario kinda just got smushed and then sprang back up, but stayed on his feet

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Well now we obviously know now not to trust any more magazines about brawl infor and Sonic? Anyway this update was unexpected and random

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Man, why are some people saying that this update is crap, this update is sick the best one of the week.
Personally i think this update is horrible, especially for the power types (D.K and Bowser). Since their so big and they get caught up in the fray with people, and somebody is going to want to jump to get higher ground to regain focus. Chances are when they jump (Since D.k and bowser are so big) they might They WILL be "Foot-Stooled" ALOT.

Del Money

Smash Champion
I dislike this new tactic myself...
It seems a little tacked on to me. But it is definatly an attempt from
Sakurai to balance the game out more, no doubt.
Methinks this move will cause mayhem in le matches.
yeah this tactic blows. it would be good for multiplayer im thinking
thats a ood point but using it is a a regular attack from probably require mindgames like crazy unless youre up against a total n00b

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
This is definetly an interesting update. Im curious as to how big the knockback will be (ganons dair, or zeldas dair?) I hope that player sizes will come into effect as well, so if you have G&W footstooling (gotta get use to that term) Bowser, then it will not have much knockback at all because of the weight differential...But in the same light, would that mean that a Bowser ftstl on G&W would have a large knockback??? I dont know, this update makes me wonder. If done correctly, I think it could be pretty good, and a ftstl meteor spike could be a satisfying kill, but if it is not done correctly, then it might be broken with faster lighter players like fox. WS-ftstl ftw???

RDK

Smash Hero
This proves more and more that Sakurai is implementing the Havoc engine...

But someone made a good point about the bigger characters being at a disadvantage. They're so big that the smaller, quicker charcters will **** them from above.

NilliX

Smash Apprentice
can u turn off wavedashing or teching or shffling in ssbm? NO...you cant.
Wavedashing and Shffling were never meant to be actual moves. The developers invented air dodges and character friction. The players discovered that you could utilise the two into Wavedashing.

The developers invented Fast Falling, L-cancelling and Short Hopping. We discovered SHFLLING.

These two professional techniques were discovered after SSBM was released. No question about that.

The Footstool Jump has been incorporated into SSBB. Therefore it was actually meant to exist.

However, looking at it again, i'll agree with you. It won't be possible to turn off Footstool Jumps. (This makes me sad)
You can really affect the opponents movements, because all it requires is a short-hop towards the other player and a jump straight after. After that, tremendous amounts of lag ensue as you see the opponent wobble up and down trying to recover from the Footstool. This just slows down the pace of smashing.

I'm not being narrow minded about this, i'm evaluating how competive Smash goes. Some b*stard will Footstool a player, therefore producing lag frames and taking advantage of their opponent's sproings, kicking the face out of them.

It's a technique, but it prevents any form of recovery.

Fawriel

Smash Master

But someone made a good point about the bigger characters being at a disadvantage. They're so big that the smaller, quicker charcters will **** them from above.
Actually, read the post above yours. It makes a lot of sense.
I think that weight, maybe even relative weight, will play a big role here.

So big, heavy characters might actually be at an advantage.
Bowser's footstool, if he has it, would logically be quite the meteor.

XenoGuard

Smash Journeyman

I've been saying that all morning about the havoc engine

and yes TRC, Air battles will be so much cooler now

Del Money

Smash Champion
yeah but the bigger characters have always been at a disadvatnage...they just slightly cleaned it up a bit more with DK in melee

EDIT: forget what i said, i only just read these other posts

RDK

Smash Hero
Actually, read the post above yours. It makes a lot of sense.
I think that weight, maybe even relative weight, will play a big role here.

So big, heavy characters might actually be at an advantage.
Bowser's footstool, if he has it, would logically be quite the meteor.
Disregard that then. I didn't think of the weight differential.

I love the idea and can't wait to use it, but couldn't they have thought up a better name than "Footstool Jump"? Sakurai should fire the man that thought of its name.
Do not diss the almighty footstool jump, or I shall smite you into the abyss.

yeah but the bigger characters have always been at a disadvatnage...they just slightly cleaned it up a bit more with DK in melee
DK + Footstool + Pichu = teh t!ts

GameAngel64

Smash Journeyman
Guys all they've done is give everyone a meteor smash, which in my opinion is perfect, and balances the game out A LOT more.

The one gripe I have is when you do it on the ground. It looks kind of fruity and dumb... It could be really annoying too since it looks like you get stunned for a second.
Yeah, I was thinking it's gonna turn SSBB into like Mario Party, i.e. those mini-games where you wanna knock people off the sides and you can stun them by jumping on their heads, so everyone is jumping around and punching like mad.

5@/\/\U5

Smash Apprentice
but Nilllix, the opponent has to allow themselves to be footstooled. they always have something to say about it

Usmash, Utitlt, WD out of the way, shield, jump or SH etc.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
Man last night I couldn't even get ont he smashboards site...

This update explains why DK made that funny face yesterday.

RDK

Smash Hero
Man last night I couldn't even get ont he smashboards site...
Database crash.

Usmash, Utitlt, WD out of the way, shield, jump or SH etc.
That's what I said. It would be super-easy to dodge on the ground; just WD out of the way, or even Up-smash/Up-tilt. Even if you're in the air, and someone is about to Footstool you into oblivion, just use your Up-B recovery move to cancel out the Footstool...

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
Wow...And to account on the fact that I hop around already 90% of the time with my main Mario.That tech right there opens up HUGE doors for more potienial follow ups.Iam pretty sure weight is almost gonna be a factor in it all,not to forget to mention that this balances the *** outta this game now since its a universal technique.Everyones got a meteor now..Btw,did this site crashed or something last night? I remember we were giving that listen on "skeet",then next thing I know"ERROR FROM MCFOX<ERROR UP THE ASER MATE<DATABASE KNOCKED YOU THE *** OUT!":laugh: :laugh:

RDK

Smash Hero
Lol, yeah, that skeet discusson was priceless. Anyone who missed that must go back and read it.

Ethanrodgers is SUCH a n00b.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom