• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
If it were to fall through though, that hole would be WAY too big for characters to cross though...wouldn't it have to fall through for the replacement piece to come back in?

Do you guys think a hole that big in the stage is a huge problem? Ideally, if the middle just stays cracked, that'd be just fine, but...yeah.
Actually, every character in the screenshot should have no problem crossing the gap. Mario with his Cape, Tornado, and Super jump punch would make it easily. Pikachu could make just by double jumping and Quick Attacking. And Kirby is Kirby.

Sandy

Smash Champion
I imagine that if you go off the screen too far like the mushroom kingdom levels or the game and watch level you will die. Plus that Bulbin guy can kill you. At least all of the stages do not move around. Also, Bridge of Eldin might not be good for the Wario Chopper. This level also goes through a daily cycle I bet.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
*shrug* I dunno, just looking at some of the character model sizes like Mario's and Pikachu's, the size of the hole looks a little iffy. Like if you don't perform the jump properly, you're gonna lose a life. Hopefully it doesn't put too huge a rift in the action. But then again, we haven't seen a lot of recovery in motion, so it's hard to say - Sakurai knows best anyhow.

Haha, not good for the Wario Chopper at ALL. I'd be inclined to agree with the daily cycle idea as well, even though it wasn't specifically mentioned.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
seems like an interesting stage. i wonder how big it is. with the character stage ratio, it seems pretty huge. plus it'll be hard, if the stage is big, to knock them out to the sides or downwards. really the only choice for this stage is Usmashes and any attacks that knock them upwards

but it is a cool stage. i can't wait to play on it

Chaotic Yoshi

Smash Lord
Emphasis on aerial combat = Longer or more jumps?

Also the broken edge's might be grabable...

Mario's Up+B distance was definitely huge.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
Speaking of Wario, I would like to see him joust Bulblin on that stage :D Hog against hog.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Speaking of Wario, I would like to see him joust Bulblin on that stage :D Hog against hog.
^^^^ I agree=awsome, Wario's hog vs. Bulbin's hog! :D Anyways, I finally guessed right that we'd have a stage update. Las time I got one right, I was right for a whole week, lol! XD Anyways, looks like a neat stage, definiely original (well other than being in Twilight Princess). Still, I wonder if they do a OOT stag,e what will it look like=??? Just a thought.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
All thumbnails of the stages so far have basically shown the whole map, in it's width and height.

I think it's safe to say that this, is the whole variety of the Eldin Bridge:

In other words, it won't have a ledge. (mushroom kingdom(II), yoshi's island, etc).
Not really. Take a look at Battlefield. Notice how the thumbnail ends where the platform ends, yet we've seen it in play several times, and we know that the stage doesn't end where the platform does. Not only that but the Delfino Plaza thumbnail doesn't show the little lift thing that you're fighting on most of the time. And the space one doesn't show the back of the spaceship, which is where the fighting takes place.

Lets not be too hasty to decide these things...

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
For the whiners. Don't knock it until you've played on it.

For one, with the bridge passes there, I don't think you can simply walk off, if you were knocked with an arc, over the pass, then probably yes thats a lost stock. I really don't think it's as bad if you'd just LOSE THE MELEE MENTALITY.

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
Level is gonna be sick, I wonder if you can kill the thing so it doesn't break the bridge. :p

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Level is gonna be sick, I wonder if you can kill the thing so it doesn't break the bridge. :p

That would be awesome...

Characters that want more hazards would protect it, while characters that want a flat stage (for flatland combos say?) would try and kill it!

Characters with spikes will own there, I mean who can NOT laugh when you get killed in a 3 x 3 hole at 4%?

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
I would love if the Goblin Archers shot their Fire Arrows at you for no knockback but gave damage. And maybe that oil thing but can be quick and you jump over it. This stage is just awesome.

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
i didnt think they were overpowered, it made sense. more damage = farther distance. and their were counters to people who grabbed too much. also think about what is truly overpowered, stronger throws or chain throws....
I remeber the game being too easy with Ness, espically in one play mode, when I was like 9, all I go the how game was "Judo" throws were over powered and ghain throws are more fun. I honestly think that chain throws will stay in Brawl.

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
I wonder what the number of the amount of stages will be....
We'll get around 50, and that includes retro stages.

About whoever said only kill up in the air, I've said it before and I'll say it again. If chain throws are in brawl then it will be brutal on this level, you could chain throw across the whole level and then forward throw. I know there's DI, but it's still a major thing to consider.

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
We'll get around 50, and that includes retro stages.

About whoever said only kill up in the air, I've said it before and I'll say it again. If chain throws are in brawl then it will be brutal on this level, you could chain throw across the whole level and then forward throw. I know there's DI, but it's still a major thing to consider.
Just don't get grabbed then... It's not that hard to just keep your distance from a grabber.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
I like the sttage I just think thats a too huge of a gap for charactesr like Bowser to get through....

Fawriel

Smash Master
Just don't get grabbed then... It's not that hard to just keep your distance from a grabber.
...no offense, but that's a terrifyingly dumb argument.
It's like telling someone that the key to winning is to avoid losing.

Salaad

Smash Ace
Lol, yeah ^^

I think this level is much like Onett (Ness level) where the cars come and go, except this is a flat bridge! xD

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
Nice point. Here, ill end this argument. Of the 50 stages, 35 will be banned, and this will be one of them. There ya go.
That sounds hard to beilve, only 15 stages playable including counter picks. I'm thinking more like 25-30 will be banned for 1 on 1 random. Which leaves us 20-25 levels on random (which is a lot). Then out of the remaning 25-20 levels 10 or so will be counter picks. That would be great, and I don't think that's too much to ask.

But the way it looks is IF CHAINTHROWING IS IN THE GAME THEN THIS LEVEL WILL BE BANNED.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I like this update, a simple stage, but very unique, still im hoping the gap that is made aint very big, also I hope u can grab the ledge of the gap, eitherwise it would suck, badly...

Still Im sure where getting another zelda stage so if this one is banned I still got another one to look forward to...

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i see this stage more like mushroom kingdom in the 64 smash, but without any upper platforms. one huge walk across, with a hole in the middle. sometimes, however, you have support over the hole.

i just wonder how big it is. i mean if it was anything like home run contest (i got this by AR if anyone doesn't know) then it will take forever to KO someone to the side. this stage heavily relies on Usmashes

EDIT: yeah me too, i want to see another zelda stage. maybe this time around franchises will get 3 stages instead of two. that way we can get an ocarina of time stage for the medley, this one from TP, and we need a stage based off of windwaker for good measure

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I would tend to disagree with taking forever to KO to the side on this stage. Granted, the proper positioning is needed, but with what seems to be such a short boundary off the side, recovery becomes very difficult.

Of course, it's hard to tell with just plain screenshots, so it's just speculation as always...let's not hope the proportions are not like that of the first screenshot...can you say "MASSIVE CEILING"? hahaha

Jabroni

Smash Cadet
I liked todays update especially from the crap they did yesterday.

The stage looks good but its gonna be like the retro mario stages where theres no edge to the stage you just die

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I like it, it's different, there are NPC's, the stages undergoes transformations that can change the flow of battle. It's one of those awesome stages that'll be fun for free for alls and such, but we most likely will never see in tournaments.

Salaad

Smash Ace
^^DP

I just want to say the graphics are uber good. (I was just amazed when I saw it)

But I like the stage cause it looks like that your gonna have to pull off a very strong Fsmash for them to die.

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
Tournment sence isnt gonna increase nor decrease due to the restrictions anyhow,its gonna still be the same"we dont like that,so ban it"bs,hence throwing away all the hard work and details the devs put into the game only to be shut all off for gambling reasons.
If I were Sakurai,I would get a Wii Disc,transfer all of Melee's data to it,and add in bold white letters"Tournment's Only Patch v1.00".In it,items wouldnt even exist,game character tweaks and have only 2 stages that are flatland only so you can wavedash/L-cancel to your hearts content.While the rest of us that wanna new game,can have one without ******** statments like "ohhhh,looks like that wont be in high level play"then we can respond with"So? neither is Pit in Patch 1.00,so go play it".

Anyhow,back to Brawl,if this games online,more people are gonna play this via internet than travel anyway.Games like World of Warcraft,Call of Duty 2 have all them peoples online at once for a reason you know.Try comparing tourment attendents to online players all over the world(PC,PS2,PS3,Xbox Live,the works),and youll see a big,big difference,trust me.

Wouldnt be surprized to see online tournments for games via PayPal in the next 10-20 years. :) You know,once the internet gets stronger and such. :)

Salaad

Smash Ace
Yeah it does look good, but i'm not into stages, when they can kill you.
It will most likely be like Onett where you get a signal of when the bridge will break. I guess one day we will have to stand the fact that it's all apart of the game, and chance/luck is too. (Unless it was like a major tournament with a lot of money on the line)

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
It will most likely be like Onett where you get a signal of when the bridge will break. I guess one day we will have to stand the fact that it's all apart of the game, and chance/luck is too. (Unless it was like a major tournament with a lot of money on the line)
luck? That's bad, man. That's why I take off items, no skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom