• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salaad

Smash Ace
*Analyz0r at work*

I hate when I post something, some dude always steals my idea and he gets all teh credit...

I hope they make it so we can't fall off by just walking off the stage...

Lets say that you can only kill upwards? because anyone can FS you in this stage and 1hit you..

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
ROFL! :laugh: Ok..its semi-confirmed now,Ill be offically dammed if Ganondorf is not in this game now.I mean come on now guys,thats like saying "Oh theres Yoshi's stage but,hes missing in action due to a nose appointment".It almost brings me to speculate if Midna gonna be in this,somehow tho,I doubt that.But Ganondorf? Cmon.. :embarrass Hes in this bitc nit'.
Repeat,sorry for dbl post.

Salaad

Smash Ace
This stage can create new fighting possibilities, imagine the bridge breaking and Fox spamming lasers to rack up damage!

I think that the bridge might not be connected to land so it can be more like FD..I hope so..

If they don't they just turned an AWESOME stage a tiddy bit worse...

jdironfist

Smash Cadet
I'd would actually be surprised if they didn't at least try to incorporate some form of Midna into the game. She has an obvious final smash, and her move set could be pretty good. Her on;y problem would be that she would probably handle like Mewtwo, except smaller and faster.

Florida

イーグランツ
This stage can create new fighting possibilities, imagine the bridge breaking and Fox spamming lasers to rack up damage!

I think that the bridge might not be connected to land so it can be more like FD..I hope so..

If they don't they just turned an AWESOME stage a tiddy bit worse...
All thumbnails of the stages so far have basically shown the whole map, in it's width and height.

I think it's safe to say that this, is the whole variety of the Eldin Bridge:

In other words, it won't have a ledge. (mushroom kingdom(II), yoshi's island, etc).

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
All thumbnails of the stages so far have basically shown the whole map, in it's width and height.

I think it's safe to say that this, is the whole variety of the Eldin Bridge:

In other words, it won't have a ledge. (mushroom kingdom(II), yoshi's island, etc).
Good point, you seem right, it's a shame if your right. Because it will instantly be banned in 1 on 1s if this is true. A charater could just chain throw someone across the whole level and forward throw them at the end of it.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Good point, you seem right, it's a shame if your right. Because it will instantly be banned in 1 on 1s if this is true. A charater could just chain throw someone across the whole level and forward throw them at the end of it.
chain throws may not even exist in brawl, it isnt melee 2.0

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
i didnt think they were overpowered, it made sense. more damage = farther distance. and their were counters to people who grabbed too much. also think about what is truly overpowered, stronger throws or chain throws....

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
WOT?! WOT?!

Mind you, this was made several months ago. I think even last year. Before the release of Twilight Princess or the Wii.

So, I somewhat have predictive abilities.

Blackadder

Smash Master
I'm so sad...
I thought it would be music..
*sniffs*
But the stage looks pretty awsome, but it changes...I'm getting tired of that now. Soon we won't have any tourny legal ones in the game at all!

Blackadder

Smash Master
he woulden't be able to physicly WALK on the stage! >_>
But who needs laws of life?
The whole lack-of-edge thing is a dissapointment.

linkw00t

Smash Journeyman
Well lets all hope there's more than ONE zelda level! OMG WTF!

Also, I don't expect the Tournament rules to be fully developed until the game's been out for a while. I mean honestly the potential and possibilities will be completely different in brawl. It only takes a slight bit of tweaking to change stuff.

It really isn't Melee 2.0. I actually laugh a little bit every time I hear stuff like that.

Sir Jigsbee

Smash Cadet
No, I think this level is awesome without edges. Really, This level needed to be in Brawl. Ah the Bridge of Eldin. Such good times in TP. Long levels are fun!

Oh and also: Of course they'll be more Zelda levels. They haven't done a Windwaker one yet!

I'm just waiting for some Kirby-esque levels = Awesomeness!

Falcolegend

Smash Journeyman
WOW this level looks friggin awesome. It seems that all the levels in brawl are brimming with nostalgia and very unique. This game, officially, cannot go wrong. Not that I ever doubted Sakurai.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I'm so sad...
I thought it would be music..
*sniffs*
But the stage looks pretty awsome, but it changes...I'm getting tired of that now. Soon we won't have any tourny legal ones in the game at all!
Good that way no one won't be *****!n' about the stages anymore, suck it up and play on all of them.

user_name

Smash Apprentice
Although I didn't get to comment yesterday, I'd hope that the sideways Wiimote has a lot of customization options, as my proposed controls would be:

d = movement, double tap d to run
2 = normal attack
2 + d = strong attack
simultaneous 2 + d = smash attack
1 = normal special
1 + d = directional special
tilt forward = jump
tilt back = shield
1 + 2 = grab
+ = fighter stance
- = use FS (if it is indeed triggered by a button)

note: holding B will turn the d pad into a C stick until you let go of b, and d^ does NOT make you jump. Also, you can gauge the strength of your shield with the controller tilt and if FS is automatic, then '-' will be used for pausing.

Other than that, this new level looks good. After seeing this I would like to see a FDish stage without any holes in the ground (kind of like this would have been, if it wasn't for that dude destroying the ground) Maybe as an unlockable level or something.

^^^^
you a Planet supporter then Salaad?

I am! :D
Yay for not cutting the planet in half! (****ing Tesla!)

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
First, final smashes are triggered by grabbing the item.

Second, I called the LoZ stage, but I never thought it could be that cool.

Third, if 1 and 2 were grab, you'd smash instead 9 times out of 10,

user_name

Smash Apprentice
First, final smashes are triggered by grabbing the item.

Second, I called the LoZ stage, but I never thought it could be that cool.

Third, if 1 and 2 were grab, you'd smash instead 9 times out of 10,
We don't really know if FS are triggered by grabbing the item, or if you store it until later. Hopefully it will act just like any other item, and will be triggered when you grab it.

I dont think you would... as you would have to simultaneously press 2 and forward d at the same time, while accidentally not pressing 1...

Red Exodus

Smash Master
It's not FD if:
Some random monster blows holes in the stage.
You can walk off the side [I hate all stages like that]

Personally I don't like this stage. I'm not talking about whether it's banned or not I don't care about that [because I know for a fact someone will bring that up], the stage just doesn't appeal to me.

Blackadder

Smash Master
The stage well be banned ftw!!!

Sorry, I had to do that.
This stage looks nice, and pretty. But it changes itself during the battle, so I'm not overly keen about it.

user_name

Smash Apprentice
speaking of the controller customization, I hope it gets really deep, as in mapping button combinations, and motion gestures, as well as allowing an alternative selection for every action.

I just thought of a control scheme for the sideways controller, where it would be mostly controlled by motion and, although I would probably never use this seriously, it would be so much fun to mess with.

I also wonder if you can save multiple control configurations under one name.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I love this stage! Bridge of Eldin FTW! The transportation of the missing bridge part is a very nice touch, IMO.

But I'm inclined to agree that it won't be tournament-legal, especially with the randomness of King Bulblin running about. In hoping for more stages that are potentially tournament legal, Pokemon Colosseum seems like a possibility, same with Angel Land too? I guess Sakurai is emphasizing the whole changing thing with his updates - there should be some stages that don't change which he just hasn't touched on yet.

I've got a question for you guys though - if you've played TP, you remember that there was a gigantic hole in the bridge. Now, the second-to-last screenshot says "Uh-oh! There's a hole..." but it's just disheveled pieces of the bridge. If it were to fall through though, that hole would be WAY too big for characters to cross though...wouldn't it have to fall through for the replacement piece to come back in?

Do you guys think a hole that big in the stage is a huge problem? Ideally, if the middle just stays cracked, that'd be just fine, but...yeah.

Suna

Smash Journeyman
Yea this should be a good stage kinda like Final Destion with things that get in the way lol.
and to the dude above me,it won't be hard if your someone like Pit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom