• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's behind your gamer tag?

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I don't want to retype it all, so I'll just copy and paste from another forum.

My first alias was Darkener1, but I gave that up when I tried to join the aq forums. Every time I tried to register, it would say that name is already in use, so I came up with the most original name I could: Dr. Werekill007909. Well, nobody liked to type all that so I shortened it later to Dr. Werekill, then just Werekill.

And the name means... nothing really. lolz.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
my name is well.... baller as phuck.

post smilies if you agree.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
I used to go by "Menthol" because I smoked menthol cigarettes- and when I'd go out and have one my friend Tommy would joke about how I was beasting him in smash because of the cigarette I just smoked.

But since then I've quit smoking, and the first time I tried to quit I decided to change my tag since I didn't want to reinforce my bad habit, so I changed my tag to "FullMetal"- partially because I like the anime, partially because it flows well with my characters (FullMetal marth, FullMetal fox) and also because it sounds badass.

hiROI

Smash Lord
Well, one day I was bored, and I just turned on brawl and typed in random letters in and in the end I got hiROI. also, mayonnaise inspired me for this.

Deadweight

Smash Ace
Story behind my name...
I was on the Robotics team in Highschool and I knew nothing about robotics...I sat around durring meetings and played runescape in the back while others worked. My ex-gf was listing off the members of the robotics team, and when got to me instead called me Deadweight. Name stuck ever since.

Shadowex3

Smash Apprentice
I figured I should put some effort to think up something with a first and last name, then figured lets go medieval and be the baron or something OF something, and from there I got Shadow of Eternity. Only problem was that in ~1997 that was too long to fit in most messageboard registration forms since almost everyone had a 10-15 character limit back then. So it got shortened to Shadowe.

Fast forward to a few years ago when I made some friends who all had x3 at the end of their name as a joke since one was named Eckyx3 (as in Ecky Ecky Ecky from monty python) so it became Shadowex3, which has the added bonus of almost never being used anywhere.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
My gamer name was my code name for Amber.

Then I made my forum name and used it since it was short and I could type it quickly.

Then before I got a chance to make an actual smash name, QDVS referred to me as Rx over the phone when talking to Otru.

So now it is this.

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
I kind of read this parody book of Harry Potter called Barry Trotter by Michael Gerber. The first couple pages showed what other books he wrote and Harriet The Guy (Harriet the Spy) was one of them. I lol'd for a while at Barnes n Noble when I read the title.

As a bonus it sounds really gay and I don't look like a harriettheguy. It's my school email addy too and my psych teacher called me up to inquire if I was gay or something. I told her I was one of the last surviving cyber athletes of the Golden Boy era.

PolMex23

Smash Champion
Im Polish and Mexican.

the 23 is special.

Its not only an "evil" number which i dont care bout, the movie 23 just made it sound cooler.

My mom met my dad at 23 , or other way around.
My brother in Laws number in sports was 23, an he inspired me alot an taught me alot of things, helped mold me into a man.
Michael Jordan....23

lol I used Polmex23 since 2001 or 2003 something like that, it just stuck ever since.

Toneh

Smash Lord
TonyTheTiger came from when i was on the football team back in high school. I was sorta quiet in person but on the field i became a beast. Coach and the players kept calling me that lol. That and everyone likes calling me tonythetiger since my name is tony.

I wanted a diff name though for counterstrike. So i was in math class in high school and we were talking about math terms and crap and i heard radix. I was like, that isnt too badd lol. I changed it to radiX bc its something top CS players do. They use random capital's in their names so i tried it out and the big X looked the best to me :D

Life After Death

Smash Champion
lambchops...... first name Elam. take a wild guess. when i was in elementary school one of my brothers homeboi though it was funny to make fun of my name so i was in bad mood so i got pissed grabbed his heavy azz lunchbox and bashed it on his face and broke his nose then got kicked out of the school. ever since then my brother always called me lambchops cuz he though it was funny and there ya go......

Master Raven

Smash Master
My gamer name was my code name for Amber.

Then I made my forum name and used it since it was short and I could type it quickly.

Then before I got a chance to make an actual smash name, QDVS referred to me as Rx over the phone when talking to Otru.

So now it is this.
I thought you were named after the Gundam.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
ZIO. Half my real name. Catchy, cool, sleek. It fits into any record in game history - I haven't met a game that forces you to input a name less than three characters in length.

I never had a real nickname, and since no one ever came up with a good one, I decided to take on the task myself. Usually it's left up to the people you know to give you your nickname, but things weren't working out. If I can, I will go anywhere with my name as ZIO.

My other name of the net would be Randomfalco. I even have an account here by that name, but lost the info it takes to log in as such. There wasn't much thought in the name - I started with that name at Gamefaqs - I wanted to post ASAP and couldn't be original at the time. I was currently playing SSBM and needed to find a way to improve myself back in '04. So what was on my mind was Falco, a character I chose because he was effective until everyone I knew was playing him.

Long winded.

tl;dr ver - ZIO because it's badass.

nevershootme

Smash Master
nevershootme was a name tag i randomly made up back in early 2000 when SOCOM on ps2 was out, I was playing and kept getting slightly whooped round by round... before i was azngamer (being asian and a gamer), then swapped to never shoot me in the randomness that I wouldn't get consistently being shot down first every time, and won several rounds. since then it was stuck on my name as it was unique yet people laughed hard of it's originality. it's practically in every username i have

8-bit was created for smash cuz I wore the 8-bit tie every tournament since i bought it from thinkgeek.com

Rayku

Smash Lord
I was playing Pokemon Silver back in The Day, and I had just caught Raikou. I was ecstatic, and I couldn't think of anything unique to name him. So, I just replaced a few letters and got "Rayku." I thought it looked really cool, so I made my screnname as such. Rayku Thunder is just implying Raikou's typing, and a better "last name" than Lightning or something. Kinda flows

My other s/n, Psyroclasm, comes from when I was playing Golden Sun for the first time. I was fighting against Saturos, and I misread the attack he used as "Psyroclasm." It sounded appropriate because of Psynergy and whatnot, and I had no idea what a Pyroclasm was. I named my Typhlosion in pokemon Silver Psyroclasm, and that's also my s/n for whenever Rayku is taken on a forum or something.

AfroQT

Smash Master
Try To Guess How I Got My Name?
Thanks Ted Boosley On Naming Me Afro Thundah! Now I Dont Get A Cool Smash Story.

Top Bottom