• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What was the first character you used the first time you played this game?

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Do you still use him/her/it as a main or secondary?

The first character I used was Pikachu, because I was all hyped up on Pokemon at the time (tbh tthe only reason I got this game was because Pikachu was on the cover and I was like OMG pokemon!)

I don't use Pikachu anymore though. I dropped him when I unlocked Mewtwo;)

JPOBS

Smash Hero
The first time i ever played this game, it was at one of those game stations in Wal Mart. I played fox and the map was Onett.

I still main fox.

Blu

Smash Apprentice
If I knew the answer to this question, I'd most definitely be maining that character. But alas, I was apparently too young to remember, because I don't forget much nowadays. T^T

Armada

Smash Lord
I remember some parts of my first match in SSB and I was Samus on Planet Zebes. I also remember Aniolas/Android first match (Bowser ditto on stadium). The thing is that I walked into the room when they started their first match so maybe that is why I don't remember my first match :p

Warhawk

Smash Lord
Like when I first touched the game or when I first decided I wanted to have one character I was really good with? Because it drastically changes your answer when half the cast is missing from the roster lol.

Jockmaster

Smash Ace
Falco...I was at a friend's house and remembered his badass from the Star Fox games. I was like "LAZ0Rs **** YEAHHHHHH"

odinNJ

Smash Lord
Roy. I quit him when I learned about competitive but then I was slowly drawn back to our boy

R:U:N

Smash Cadet
Ness. First time I saw this game, I went over to a friends house and he had just got it, brand new. I had played SSB64, and my friends told me about this hidden character named Ness, but I could never figure out how to unlock him (I was like 5 and didn't know how to use the internet), so he remained a mystery to me until I saw he was a default character in melee. He wasn't like I imagined him to be, but he quickly became my favorite character.
Aahh, memories.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Link. It will be blasphemous to admit, but my first time playing Melee came after being more than familiar with Brawl. Link was, and still is, my favorite character in Brawl, plus I love the Zelda series (and I love him in 64, too), so I went to him. I don't really like him in Melee, but he was most likely my first. In my super early days, I cycled between Falco, Yoshi, Link, Zelda, and Peach.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
I'm not entirely sure what the first character I ever played was. I think it was Yoshi, but my first real character I actually felt comfortable with was Kirby.

dkuo

Smash Lord
First character I played was Sheik, right after buying the game. Didn't bother with Zelda at all. After I played all the characters I decided my favorites were Falco, Pikachu, and Roy. Guess which one I dropped.

This was when I got melee back in 5th grade...and I'm graduating college now. wtf

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Kirby. Then I stopped playing the game for a few years. When I came back to it, I played Kirby once, and became a Ganon main. I've still got Kirby as a secondary, though, because I'm stupid that way.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Kirby. Then I stopped playing the game for a few years. When I came back to it, I played Kirby once, and became a Ganon main. I've still got Kirby as a secondary, though, because I'm stupid that way.
Kirby is good you know

Oneupsalesman

Smash Journeyman
Link or Bowser. I remember when using Bowser, before I had the game, my dad and I played the demo and I beat him as Bowser- I was very young. I was like, "MOM'S GONNA BE SO PROUD I'M RICH."

...I don't really know why.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I don't know why, but I've also felt this way about any video game I've ever played, whether it be Peach/Zelda in Melee, Chun-Li/Morrgian in MvC, Nakoruru in Samurai Showdown, etc.... I just feel like the female characters are better/more fun to use.

Fregadero

Smash Journeyman
The first time I played was the first time I loaded it, my first gamecube game, on my new gamecube, Christmas morning. I had to pick a character. Captain Falcon.

:phone:

Rockenos

Smash Apprentice
Don't remember (I was 7), but it was either ICs or Kirby. I started playing mewtwo right when we unlocked him and didn't switch until middle school, when I met people who were better than me (Although not much) and thought a switch could help. Felt Captain Falcon was good, played him for a while, then learned about real competitive play and switched to puff lol

EDIT:
Peach

All the little chicks with their pumPed up pumps better float better float

None of this rhymes

:phone:
God I love when Jigglypuff mains post in general. KrIsP, Tekk, Mahone and Massive are the best posters of all time...

KhaosOverdrive

Smash Cadet
NNID
Khaotic077
3DS FC
4356-0406-3824
I'm pretty sure it was Link, because I found the graphic leap from OoT quite impressive then. Kinda dropped him for Mario in the end though.

When I was introduced to the competitive scene a year ago I went Falco/Fox.

Kyandid

Smash Cadet
The first time I played Melee I played Pikachu because he was my favourite from the N64 version at the time. I was super upset that I couldn't kill people in two hits with thunder, so I played alot of Marth and Roy and just c-sticked.

I got back into the game just recently and jumped between Samus (Because I loved Metroid) and Falco (Super fun, pretty cool, and didn't seem as hard as Fox, lol).

Top Bottom