• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What was the first character you used the first time you played this game?

killazys

Smash Cadet
Almost certain it was Young Link

Cuz I had just finished Wind Waker and he's the biggest bamf ever

Bing

Smash Master
When I played on a team with my cousin, I was almost always Link, Marth or mewtwo

When I played against him(His sheik) I used Fox and Falco.(I didnt actually know they were top tier ftr, I just liked the shines and smashes

Arcadia157

Smash Journeyman
I was using Link mainly because that's who I used in 64. The addition of arrows and his new Up+B was just so cool to me back then haha.

hamyojo

Smash Ace
I got the game about 6 months ago, luckily the memory card I had had all the characters unlocked. I had played Brawl a ton before that, so of course I was going to try all the "new" ones to me.
Mewtwo was the first one I tried, and I still main him to this day, I don't think I'll stop using him for a very long time.
He's just so adorable.

pokemongeof

Smash Lord
When i first started, i played as Luigi. Luigi was my favorite character. And today, Luigi is still my primary.

My secondaries were Mario and Dr. Mario (LOL). I still play as them, but sometimes i play as Captain Falcon.

I can honestly say that Luigi is the only character that i can play "professionally"

Svetsunov

Smash Apprentice
Yoshi. Poke'floats with hammers only at a friends house.

Doc is the first and only character i've bothered to go competitive with.

Cinbad

Smash Cadet
Mewtwo :33333333
When i was in grade school my friends and I used to gang up on a level 9 ganondorf, cause we thought he was the hardest cpu in the game

Stylez

Smash Cadet
There's a strategic advantage to playing as unlockables. If they weren't better than the rest of the cast, then why do you need to unlock them, right?

Ove

Smash Journeyman
I played Kirby... Can't remember why, might have something to do with the fact that I was familiar with him since SSB64.

Shimesaba

Smash Apprentice
Fox in 64. For a long time after that I played Kirby, but eventually I came back to Fox. My 10-year-old self knew best after all.

Melee is the only one I can't remember. I know the first character I gravitated toward back in 2001 was Roy, but for obvious reasons he can't have been the first I played.

Dedede in Brawl. I don't play it anymore, but he was a great character.

The Business

Smash Journeyman
Mario. I still remember in 2003 when we were playing 4 player FFA on hyrule temple my brother told me that mario's down b was good when in a crowd.

JKJ

Smash Ace
My first character that I ever picked up was Luigi. My brother had already played for a few days when I tried the game, and he had unlocked Luigi.
My first casual main was Marth, then Ganon, then Link.
My first competitive main was/is Falco, although now I double main as Falco/Fox and I secondary Marth/Falcon/Mario and I can literally play any character well enough to beat my friends most of the time. Except for Kirby. I HATE KIRBY.

awesomeatlife

Smash Rookie
In 64, it was Kirby. I looked through the manual and he had final cutter which my 8 yr old self thought sounded cool as hell. I switched to Fox as main there after a while, but now I'm back to Kirby.
In melee, my first was Falco cause I heard he was an upgraded Fox (debatable reasoning) then kept maining with Fox, but now I'm more of a Link... I'm a fickle mind.

Metakill

Smash Journeyman
Marth. Just love sword character but I was in the idea of "link will suck like in SSB64" so I pick'd Marth first time I played. Now is my second

Rh1thmz

Smash Journeyman
Fox cuz I played him in 64

then ---> Young Link --> Marth for forever -->Bowser --->Marth --> CF --> Falco, and now able to play Fox moderately permissibly as a secondary as well

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Pikachu then Link
The 2 characters I'd been most acquainted with.
I played as Pikachu in Walmart at one of the stations in the video game section and instantly knew I needed this game.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I originally mained Captain Falcon. His Forward Smash was quite powerful.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Mewtwo. It was probably 2002-2004. The stage was temple. I just really liked the game. I didn't even try other characters or anything and I didn't have a GameCube either. After that I forgot about the game for a long time until I heard in 2007 that Brawl was about to be released. Of course I immediately remembered Melee again and I really had to get myself a Wii and Brawl. A few years into Brawl I finally got to play Melee again. Realizing Mewtwo sucked I decided to try Puff instead as I used her a lot in Brawl back then. I had no idea she was considered a good character so I was surprised.
Now here I am, a random noob from Finland. Playing Puff in Melee.

/coolstorybro

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
Bowser, in a store called "mediaplay" i think

i had been playing smash 64 so i knew about the attacks en ough to learn a few things and beat this random kid who played fox against me. i think it was on Pokemon Stadium.

then there was doc, mewtwo, bowser and link for a while. then my cousin beat the crap out of me as shiek one thanksgiving (ftilt + fair ugh) for like 3 hours

so i picked up marth, but never got a rematch

now marth is by FAR my best character (as long as i can play calmly, i get irked really easy and start playing like ****)

followed by shiek, and my pocket fox/falcon

:phone:

ZelDan

Smash Master
The character I mained was Marth.

I'm actually curious now about how many F-smash's I performed as Marth before getting into a more competitive playstyle.

Top Bottom