• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What type of Smasher are You?

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
From these (amazing) descriptions, I'm competitive. I'm not exactly a hardcore smash fan because I enjoy melee the most. I'm not dedicatedly hardcore either cause I also want to improve myself in DDR.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I'm shocked this has stayed open for so. however the description's are well done. I play competitive but I've never gone to a tourney. I was at first a person who complained about advance technique's because I couldn't do it and I couldn't win without it. Therefore I *****ed and complained. Eventually I decided to quit the game for about a year. During that time I saw how big the community grew. I also couldn't help but noticed how great the matches were getting and how more and more good players emerged. I decided to start playing again. First learning Wave-dash's and L-cancels. I started getting good at Melee but I was derailed by Brawl. I don't mind the game but It makes me feel empty win or lose. I still got into it for months. It wasn't until I went to a local Unofficial tourney and got beat by a MK did I decide it was pointless. You can't win if you don't use MK. I went from that to Brawl+ for awhile. While I do think it's much better than the original Brawl It still lacks the feeling you get from Melee. So now I'm back to Melee. It took me months to re-learn everything again and now I'm learning new things. Hopefully I'll be fighting at a high level in about a month or 2. I don't know where I'm going at. I guess I'm not sure where to put myself?

Kief

Smash Ace
"What type of Smasher are You? (Multi-page thread 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page)
Thread Rating: 23 votes, 4.74 average. kirbykid

Today 01:26 AM
by Spam_arrows Go to last post "

Lol.

limo223

Smash Rookie
I'm pretty competitive, and get pretty annoyed if I lose. Regardless, I've never been in an official tourney don't think I will be. Still love the game, though!

Scinn

The Fluffiest
NNID
BLKROCKET25
well my playstlye has changed and now that I think about it I am the type of player who goes berserk not giving the opponent a break at the same time dodging almost anything I can.......

Anthony523

Smash Apprentice
I'm A Smashing Smasher.

But In All Seriousness

I'm Competitive But Also Know How To Have Fun

I Watch Tons Of Combo Videos And My Friends Wonder Why Lol... Idk I Guess Its Just To Help Better My Game

I've Never Been To Any Like Actual Tourny's But There Is A Club At My School Once A Week And We'd Have Tournys... It Was Called The Smash Club... Best Idea Ever

I Would Love To Go To A Legit Tourny But There Are Never Any Around Where I Live

And I Believe Your Only As Good As The Ones You Train With

_Sync_

Smash Apprentice
I see myself as a blend of both casual and competitive, no more no less. I aim to win, but I also seek enjoy from what the game has to offer me. I have my moments where I get frustrated when my friends best me and I think of them as having no lives, but the same also applies to myself seeing that I go to such extremes as the rest of them.

DracoFox

Smash Ace
I'm a huge johnfest. I'm more into the friendly play, but I act too competitive like when I play against others. Then I start to john out when I mess up on huge tech fails. Truely, I'm only john'n at myself when I'm angry. So no need to worry about me being actually mad at someone. Though, it does suck to see that someone is beating you when they absolutely suck.

I spend a lot of my time watching smash vids. I used to practice everyday, but it's not as much fun as it is to play with others to gain a better chance at improving. And I'm the type of guy who thinks people complaining about someone who uses the advance skills in Melee can just go take a dumb in a paper bag, put it over their head, and light that **** on fire. Go john some where else people.

Oh ya, Melee FOREVER!

Marthly Master

Smash Rookie
Hmm...

Well, in casual matches I go moderate when I have 2 lives or higher

When I get 1 stock left, then I go full out, and most of the time, my opponent is pulverized.

In tournaments (I haven't entered any here, but I have on other sites) that aggression I get when I have

only one life left goes through everything. Which is why I have rarely lost on any tournaments in other

sites.

BSP

Smash Legend
I'd say I'm pretty competitive. I always have items off, and I even break up taunt parties! ^_^

Blind_Smasher

Smash Rookie
I'm the kind of smasher that goes and tries to pull off the best combos yet he usually fails and it takes him some time to recover. :laugh:

Ken_Y`

Smash Lord
i would be under competitive/hardcore smasher

i thot brawl was gay but since its smash i still play it

but melee is where its at

Neherazade

Smash Journeyman
I'd guess I'm a casual-to-competitive player.

I don't plan to enter a tournament any time soon, but entering a tournament would be fun...

put me in the pro-curious, as well.

MaxThunder

PM Support
...hm... i gues im a ... casual,slightly hardcore, ocasionally competitive but to laidback to really do anything about it guy... cause... i try to go on tournaments but i always stop at the "find one first" part... gets distracted too easily... but i can say i'm a hardcore marther... he is my favorite character no matter what... but i think we should try to officially give the pink captain falcon the name captain ***gon... cause i dont like him... he looks really ***g... whenever somone at my place tries to play the pink c. falcon they are forced to use the name C.***... its a house rule... okay now i distracted myself... i'm just writing down wwhatever i'm thinking now... uhm... bye...

S

Saru64

I am definitely hardcore I love the game. I have always been the best at it since the beginning when I first started playing.

Ant-14

Smash Rookie
i dont consider my self pro some say my sonics pretty good sometimes i (most times i play to win) but sometimes i play for fun with items (rare) if im bored ill play with items i dont think i take the game that real

Ant-14

Smash Rookie
i dont consider my self pro some say my sonics pretty good sometimes i (most times i play to win) but sometimes i play for fun with items (rare) if im bored ill play with items i dont think i take the game that real sometimes i get mad if i lose a close game though

skyheart

Smash Lord
man i wish i can become hardcore and competitive, i don't know guys, what am i missing? i just wish i had that competitron drive!!

iProdigy101

Smash Apprentice
I'm kinda both a Casual and Competitive Smash player.

I'm not really that good in Smash, but I always want to be at least fairly good when going up against a better Smash player. Other than that, I just play it for fun. Wether I'm going up against COM or my friends and family in a mtach with no items or not, I'm just playing to kill some time and have fun.

Top Bottom