• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What type of Smasher are You?

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
I would basically put myself as a competitive smasher.

For some reason, ever since I saw this website and heard all the tips and tricks ( before I even joined ) I confined myself to playing with no Items on any stage ( Brawl only ). And my game got better, on a level on which some days I lost none of my stocks, Even when playing with three computers at level 9. And when playing with one computer, I wiped the floor with them. Because playing with no items whatsoever allows you to COMPLETELY focus on your skills when playing without items, and allowing you to create creative combos and find out how to best play your character. I think the reason is, is that items create this releaf from having to find out how to beat someone who punishes everything you do. And I think thats what seperates casuall smashers and competitive smashers (you are free to disagree with me, anyhow I'm pretty new).

Matezoide

Smash Rookie
I would basically put myself as a competitive smasher.

For some reason, ever since I saw this website and heard all the tips and tricks ( before I even joined ) I confined myself to playing with no Items on any stage ( Brawl only ). And my game got better, on a level on which some days I lost none of my stocks, Even when playing with three computers at level 9. And when playing with one computer, I wiped the floor with them. Because playing with no items whatsoever allows you to COMPLETELY focus on your skills when playing without items, and allowing you to create creative combos and find out how to best play your character. I think the reason is, is that items create this releaf from having to find out how to beat someone who punishes everything you do. And I think thats what seperates casuall smashers and competitive smashers (you are free to disagree with me, anyhow I'm pretty new).
i have to agree

ps: i am a competitive smasher

Golden Ike

Smash Apprentice
I just can't b without playin SSBB for + than 2 days. I need the rush and excitement it gives me. When I do play, I play for 3 hours straight and it's the minimum.
I think this puts me as a Hardcore Smasher, right?

SSBB 4 FKING EVER!!!

TKD

Smash Lord
To me, this game is all about getting better, and trying to get the ones who can to get better too. A competitive community thing. There's no point in being the only winner.

If I can't see the way to improve, I stop playing for a while. It's good to refresh a bit.

skyheart

Smash Lord
i wanna be better but brawl is so tough, there's just too much for me to learn and people are always better than me

DaugtheTrickstar

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2509-1323-2744
i would say all out offensive casual hardcore. i dont see nothing wrong with competive smashers but thats just me.

when i first got brawl i was mad for like a day they took out Doc, he was a beast in melee. regular Mario is still one of my mains in brawl, but the doc had style man.

Logic? ROFL

Smash Rookie
You know that place... the place over there.
I'm a mix of three.

Usually I'm a competitive, I am definately hardcore (got the n64 smash for my birthday, melee to follow up on the epicness, and then brawl I reserved everytime it was delayed), and I am a casual smasher because I love to have fun with items and my friends.

NightSky

Smash Journeyman
I's say im a mix of casual/competitive hardcore
I've been a fan of the games for a long while since smash 64 and i will probably always be playing smash xD

Chaos243

Smash Rookie
uh hey dont yell at me for posting this in the wrong place but

Hello i started a new clan for brawl its name Chaotic redemption we are new but we could use members we are very easy to get along with all we ask for is respect and that your pretty decent at brawl so please come join Chaotic redemption a we shall soon be the greatest clan ever with all your support thank you :) just click that link below

:link:

No advertising.

T

TycoSmash

I'm usually competitive but every once in a while I play some casaul matches

BeefStewlol

Smash Rookie
competitive hardcore. I've always loved the series since the 64, and have had my mind set on getting better since then too.

Leeno

Smash Rookie
i'm probably a hardcore/casual smasher.. i've been playing since the 64, and i like playing around with my two brothers...

i only recently discovered this smash board, and now i'm getting more focused on improving my game (competitive smasher)

Mario Zelda Fan

Smash Apprentice
I really don't know, but guess Casual, and a tinge of competitive. I don't use taunts much except for my Up-Taunt: "HI, BILLY MAYS HERE!" for occasional funnies. I respect my opponents, I never brag, and I always say "GGs".

R

Rhaioule

I'm definitely somewhere between Hardcore and Competitive. I wouldn't mind being the best, but just messing around is really fun and I would never leave it behind me unless they release some DLC (somehow, seeing as the Wii has a built in mod chip so you can't >.>) that really screwed everything up.

Hmmm

Smash Rookie
This may sound hard to believe, but I am a Casual Smasher, Hardcore Smasher, and Pro Smasher. I enjoy playing Brawl and Melee just for the fun of it - I ABSOLUTELY love it. I am very good, or so I have been told, and I also love practicing and becoming better.

Leer

Smash Rookie
I agree with "Hmmm". I play for the fun, but it can be considered competitive given the right circumstances.

Prince17

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
Phaz#755
NNID
Legendlar
3DS FC
3840-7049-1098
in melee i was a casual smasher. and at the start of brawl i was too. but when i played online with friends and i sucked, i didnt want to always lose so i gotten alot better. (i didnt always lose but i still ave a few friends who are better but not much :) 64/64 friends too) so now im a competitive smasher.final destination no items but not always 1 on 1.when i was casual i ussually played temple items on (not all) set to high and teams. I was better at team brawls then. i mean i litterally pwned.now not so much cuz i barely do team brawls onlien or offline but i still enjoy them and mostly i enjoy them more as long as i win XD

TehWalruzz

Smash Rookie
Lol wow, that was beautiful... I never before understood the so many different smash ways :3 I was casual, but moved on to competitive kind of... But mai friend remains casual, yet I can't beat him... it's interesting really

Top Bottom