• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What type of Smasher are You?

WooICYU

Smash Journeyman
I would classify myself as competetive, simply because i'm not as motivated to go to tournaments, but would like too .=]

XtACY

Smash Journeyman
who isnt competetive at brawl. brawlLover let me say it again, quit spamming threads, your annoying and obnoxious, get yo post count up talking to n00bs on the meet and greet area, not here. thanks

StarHawk_30

Smash Rookie
I am a hardcore smasher in general, but if I'm playing against a computer opponent(s) I am a competitive smasher (I hate it when I'm losing to a CPU in a 4 way Brawl ), but when I'm playing against my friends I'm a casual Smasher ( So far none of them have managed to beat me, most Indonesian smashers aren't that good )

donferd_donster

Smash Cadet
Im more of a casual/laid back/ smasher..... i tend to want to play people that are better than me so i can get better. dont get me wrong im a beast!!! I love to have fun and play the game and whoop some ***! If i lose i lose, but i would prefer to win!

Alterhalo

Smash Journeyman
Competitive-Casual
I dont like playing with items it annoys me and I always like to get better but I dont take the game tooooo seriously just serious

some_afro

Smash Rookie
I duno. I guess, im a resourcefull player. I only rely on my characters latent abilities.Items hiner me, so i set them to low. I really use the enviornment to my advantage to, specaly as pit, my main man.

synchroblst

Smash Rookie
I'm what people call 'competitive', but not really. When I'm 'in the zone', I'll play like no tomorrow, but that's only against people around my level. I'm aggressive and often go for the offensive, but limitedly. I occasionally switch to playing defensive, when I'm fighting campers. (My friend's Olimar....)

XtACY

Smash Journeyman
I'm a pretty serious competitive player.
People think competitive players don't play Melee/Brawl for fun, but it's just what we think is fun about this sort of game.
yo how did you find thouse little faces for your signature with your mains and secondaries?!

Flamingo777

Smash Apprentice
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Epilepsy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:suess::uzi::shiek:WHAT?? DR. SEUSS? NOOOO! MY WEAKNESSS!

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
competitive.....ish

My friends and I are generally on the low end of competitive.

Except we have these quirks. A few of my friends are spike/meteor smash junkies who refuse to get kills any other way for the most part. Personally I concentrate on doing very inefficient things, like being a Rescue Hero with Bowser (the exact opposite of Bowsercide) and spiking using Marth's Dancing Blade combo.

Arcrandom

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3110-5058-0892
I gotta say that is the perfect description for brawl palyer. I would have to say I'm Competitive/Pro There is always a time for a good pokemon battle or even a 20 life sudden death (you should try that), and you can't spell fun without Falcon Pawnch. that said tournaments are still fun too its the best way I know to improve my game, and winning makes everything more fun, but you learn more from losing.

mostwins

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4742-8002-0115
I suppose I would be a competitive smasher. Every time I pick up my GC controller it is because I want to get better

IkeStriker

Smash Rookie
not sure what to classyfiy my self maby casual and competitive but anyways i love the game all together bla bla bla

I odnt like items they really tend to get in the way and change th corse of battle

Oualalasalsa

Smash Rookie
I'm all of the above, Hardcore that enjoys the game for entertaining myself and that kicks the *** of crying competitive players (during competition) that can't cope with the skills required to play with items and on different maps.

Karttibone

Smash Cadet
I'm definitly a Competitive-Hardcore Smasher. Back in the Days, when i had the N64, the first thing i did when I heard about this game was freakin' robbin' the store!!!
Na seriously, I buyed it. (I was 11 years old)
Also when I play I want to win at all costs (exept if it's none of my mains). I get angry very fast, when I lose, but I don't show it and try to analyze the tactic the other one played. I'd like to rematch until I can read an opponent.

Great thread, kirbykid.

Top Bottom