• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What type of Smasher are You?

SilverLanayru

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SilverLanayru
3DS FC
1977-0801-2134
Switch FC
SW-1383-4892-7702
*racks up first post* I'm just a casual smasher...I enjoy anything that happens in the brawl except for when it comes to spamming -.-; If someone spams me, then I'd be spamming them back overboard-beastly style! Anyway I don't mind what challenge I accept...I just have fun lol :] I can give a good challenge, as well ^^

Zylar

Smash Ace
People are still posting on this?

WOW. This feels really pointless.
I mean, I posted here too, but this is now like the second introduce yourself page.
Not that I'm telling you guys to stop. Actually, don't stop. :)

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
I'm a Semi-Casual Hardcore player. In never go to tournaments, and I'm not the best. Sometimes I like playing with items on, sometimes with them off. Sometimes I like playing zany big stages like New Pork City, and sometimes I like playing just Final Destination and Smashville. I like playing with my friends, and I play Brawl almost every day. I have my favorite characters (King Dedede, Wario, Ganondorf, Mr. Game and Watch, and Toon Link to name a few) that I play with all the time, and I use them despite their inherent flaws, because I utilize their strengths. To me, there is no such thing as tiers or rules. I play differently according to my mood. I usually just like to pound the crap out of enemies by putting it on infinite time on a small stage. It helps me vent.

BrawlLover

Smash Champion
I'm a Semi-Casual Hardcore player. In never go to tournaments, and I'm not the best. Sometimes I like playing with items on, sometimes with them off. Sometimes I like playing zany big stages like New Pork City, and sometimes I like playing just Final Destination and Smashville. I like playing with my friends, and I play Brawl almost every day. I have my favorite characters (King Dedede, Wario, Ganondorf, Mr. Game and Watch, and Toon Link to name a few) that I play with all the time, and I use them despite their inherent flaws, because I utilize their strengths. To me, there is no such thing as tiers or rules. I play differently according to my mood. I usually just like to pound the crap out of enemies by putting it on infinite time on a small stage. It helps me vent.

that's exactly what i wanted to type, thanks bro

XtACY

Smash Journeyman
brawllover where you live?
jw i aint gunna stalk you ha
just being curious cause i wanna
money match you badly =)

Kage Me

Smash Ace
Semi-competitive.

I like to win, obviously, and I do try to improve my game, but I don't have the "playing to win" mindset that is so defining of the competitive players and a true hatred for cheap tactics.

Gwonam_guy

Smash Rookie
Casual-hardcore

personally, i couldn't care whether i get thrashed by a pink ball of incoherent fury or a hulking turtle, i enjoy smash because of it's infinite possibilities. No two matches in brawl can ever be the same because like other games, it has to keep players guessing

i don't participate in tournaments because there isn't a point in proving how much i can either defeat or lose to another. i don't need to take it serious, because there isn't a known way of ranking without tourney-play that i know off, the way i see it, i just see smash as a way to bring friends together the old fashioned way.

however, i do tend to attempt to win when i play, i don't want anyone getting "easy points"

PeachDelight

Smash Rookie
What kind of smasher am I?
I'd say...Casual Smasher. Sometimes I play sometimes I don't and I only do it as a past time thing. Not like a hard core smasher that plays all day,any hour.

BrawlLover

Smash Champion
i agree, most smashers are pretty hardcore, xxx hardcore as well, the majority really takes this game seriously and it's a great thing, imagine if people devoted the time to master melee to brawl, OMGZ, brawl would be like the greatest competitive hardcore game ever to conceive on this planet!

Tornadith

Smash Journeyman
*Sends Sundance _______________ on __________ Day,
I'd say I am a competitive-pro gamer because I play the game a lot and i'm good, but i'm trying to get better and learn techniques and all of the pro moves such as chain grabbing, qac'ing, edgehogging and etc. I'm also hardcore because there isn't a single other person in my house who plays brawl. (My brother who plays is in college now) and so I mostly either play Friend Finder of just face level 9 cpus but I still play for months and i'm always trying to get better. I also don't play in tourneys because I can't find any!
If there were some near me, i'd prolly play. Seeing as there aren't very many tournaments in Wisconsin...

BrawlLover

Smash Champion
I'd say I am a competitive-pro gamer because I play the game a lot and i'm good, but i'm trying to get better and learn techniques and all of the pro moves such as chain grabbing, qac'ing, edgehogging and etc. I'm also hardcore because there isn't a single other person in my house who plays brawl. (My brother who plays is in college now) and so I mostly either play Friend Finder of just face level 9 cpus but I still play for months and i'm always trying to get better. I also don't play in tourneys because I can't find any!
If there were some near me, i'd prolly play. Seeing as there aren't very many tournaments in Wisconsin...
the more brawl you play, the better you get!

Son1x-

Smash Apprentice
I'm something between Casual and Competitive. I like playing for fun, items, various stages... but sometimes I like to play 1v1/2v2 with no items.

Flamin Roy

Smash Ace
I go to lots of tournaments thats my competitive side but ppl are like hey man youre gay for playing without items but little do they know i still play free for all with items with my lil bro and some friends the only thing different is that i have a competitive mind set

Top Bottom