• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

what to do vs M2K

boss8

Smash Hero
ok everytime i face M2K in turney he always 2 stocks me he absolutly hates doc cause pills,and his cape and bair,any advice on how to get him down another stock,or possibly beat him.BTW counter pick yoshi story vs M2K if your a good doc it's hard for him 2 DI cause it's a small stage.

please give me advice thanks doc's.

ye25

Smash Journeyman
Considering I would probably get 5 stocked on a 4 stock match by him, Ive got no clue. Spam pills like crazy and run?

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
even though that only happend once...he felt sorry for you because you look like DK....its ok though...eat some korn and then you'll be able to beat him :laugh:

EDIT: ...wow who is an idiot using my account.. =(
probably Boss's friend....

Galt

Smash Journeyman
...Is this thread actually asking for advice, or just bragging? Because I'm pretty sure the first is either impossible or already covered by Doc guides, and the second is lame.

boss8

Smash Hero
...Is this thread actually asking for advice, or just bragging? Because I'm pretty sure the first is either impossible or already covered by Doc guides, and the second is lame.
wow the thread claerly says what to do vs M2K not(omg i beat M2k's *** who wants to fight me next) ofcourse i need help you noob. wow everytime i need help in SWF it always backfires.:mad::mad:

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
My only suggestion would be to work on edgegaurd gimping. If he is upBing are you always in position to cape the sword? It always seems to me that the top pro's are much more effective at gimping than most of the other players. Who knows how they develop it though.

Galt

Smash Journeyman
wow the thread claerly says what to do vs M2K not(omg i beat M2k's *** who wants to fight me next) ofcourse i need help you noob. wow everytime i need help in SWF it always backfires.:mad::mad:

What you're doing is not asking for help. It's name-dropping M2K and saying "hey guys i can get m2k down 2 stocks and i can even give you advice on what to do against him." There is no way anyone could help with the information you provided. There aren't even enough Doc/Mario players with experience against him. Don't be ridiculous; this post's true point is obvious.

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
Could u perhaps share us videos of your Doc vs Mew2King?

Ill be able to help you by then:) and im sure other people would be able to as well.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Just play as well as you can. M2K is (obviously) a really good player so you just have to be extra alert and try and make the best out of your opportunities.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
CP a non neutral stage.

He'll cry about it and threaten to "go gay".

I wish i woulda just junglejapes/kirby'd him at Pound2 like i planned on.

Velocity

Smash Lord
Don't make mistakes, I play him all the time and hes too ****ing good i say ask him to ditto you and learn that way and work your way up by beating lesser people dont gauge yourself by how many stocks you can take off of m2k

Velocity

Smash Lord
What you're doing is not asking for help. It's name-dropping M2K and saying "hey guys i can get m2k down 2 stocks and i can even give you advice on what to do against him." There is no way anyone could help with the information you provided. There aren't even enough Doc/Mario players with experience against him. Don't be ridiculous; this post's true point is obvious.
I'm definetly one of the best docs and i play m2k all the time cause i go to tournies with him and he lives 15 min away, its not even worth discussing cause theres no one that is on his level/ you should be strategizing against people you lose to that are on your level, ie i was at a tourny and the two people i lost to was chu and doll im going to think about what i did wrong against doll cause i think i could beat him cause hes on my level im not going to be like hm how can i beat chu or take one more stock off of him, or make a thread about it

St. Viers

Smash Champion
people, chill.

Of course he's bragging a bit--I would too if I could take 2 stocks off kdj consistantly--but he's also asking for advice on how to compete competitively--something that iirc correctly is one of the points of this board.

So my advice: yeah, learn to gimp well--if you watch m2k, kdj, they are excellent at low % kills due to edgeguarding--shiek, marth and fox are of course really haxx about edgeguarding anyways, so...

luckily doc is as well, with b-air and cape. Learn how far out you can get and still recover (I was watching kdj's/ kens marth on youtube, and its amazing how far out they can go and still return) so work on that.

So just make sure not to develop certain patterns, think on your feet, and don't always be the one acting--waiting and reacting (albeit reacting quickly) is one of the things that makes people "pro"

And m2k uses fox as well--he beat dan at Cat3 as fox in the last fight...even though he does "main" marth now officially

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
My advice to beating m2k... dont unless you are pc chris or KDJ. Now that i have that out of the way... for a non neutral stage go pokefloats, or jungle japes. Those stages are fun, and you can actually learn how to use them.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
dunno if this will help, but i got to play mew2king half a dozen times at FCD (all marth vs. doc)

My first official fight w/ him, i got 3 stocked.
2nd fight i got 2 stocked.
then i thought it'd be fun to play him on Mushroom Kingdom 2 and i got 4 stocked, lol. i'm pretty sure all 4 of my stock were taken from 3-5 f.airs into tippers, lol. So don't do that level!!!!! (just in case it wasn't common sense to some of you people, lol)
(although i beat Tope (our 3rd fight, in my 1st pool) vs marth on MK2...so tope's marth probably isn't even considered great)

Me and my Louisiana guys entered the Crew battles, and I fought Mew2King there again. I was just shy of taking 2 stock....and afterward i asked him his thoughts on the matchup. I took note on the things that got me in trouble, and things that worked against him and preprared for one last friendly.

I asked for one last match, and i gave him the best game i had in me. He 1 stock me at high damage. A loss? Not in opinion...i felt pretty **** good after that. but this tourney was a pretty good reality check that it doesn't matter how well i know the matchup, if the marth is just smart and doesn't make mistakes...he's gonna win most the times- no johns, son!
I fought cactuar in my 1st pool, and had a dissapointing loss, 1 and 2 stocked (i think. nobody quote me on that). I thought i could have done alot better...and turns out i did do a lil better than before in our friendlies the next day. He's a cool guy.

um...yea, i guess thats it. I think the most important against marth is to stay out of the air. Pill alot..but only when you know its SAFE. Concentrate on ALOT of dashdashing/wavedash-dancing and feints...and try to lure him into aproaching and outspeed him to the punch when he comes. Cuz in close: marth has no move faster than doc's jab, at a distance: marth has no move faster than doc's f.tilt =)

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
How are we supposed to know..most of us havent played him.

Or seen vids of his marth vs a doc..

boss8

Smash Hero
dunno if this will help, but i got to play mew2king half a dozen times at FCD (all marth vs. doc)

My first official fight w/ him, i got 3 stocked.
2nd fight i got 2 stocked.
then i thought it'd be fun to play him on Mushroom Kingdom 2 and i got 4 stocked, lol. i'm pretty sure all 4 of my stock were taken from 3-5 f.airs into tippers, lol. So don't do that level!!!!! (just in case it wasn't common sense to some of you people, lol)
(although i beat Tope (our 3rd fight, in my 1st pool) vs marth on MK2...so tope's marth probably isn't even considered great)

Me and my Louisiana guys entered the Crew battles, and I fought Mew2King there again. I was just shy of taking 2 stock....and afterward i asked him his thoughts on the matchup. I took note on the things that got me in trouble, and things that worked against him and preprared for one last friendly.

I asked for one last match, and i gave him the best game i had in me. He 1 stock me at high damage. A loss? Not in opinion...i felt pretty **** good after that. but this tourney was a pretty good reality check that it doesn't matter how well i know the matchup, if the marth is just smart and doesn't make mistakes...he's gonna win most the times- no johns, son!
I fought cactuar in my 1st pool, and had a dissapointing loss, 1 and 2 stocked (i think. nobody quote me on that). I thought i could have done alot better...and turns out i did do a lil better than before in our friendlies the next day. He's a cool guy.

um...yea, i guess thats it. I think the most important against marth is to stay out of the air. Pill alot..but only when you know its SAFE. Concentrate on ALOT of dashdashing/wavedash-dancing and feints...and try to lure him into aproaching and outspeed him to the punch when he comes. Cuz in close: marth has no move faster than doc's jab, at a distance: marth has no move faster than doc's f.tilt =)
cyphus just owned dis thread your my hero!!! :)

boss8 : ...

Mew2King : ...

boss8 : You missed a frame

Mew2King : Wha?

boss8 : *Fair!!*

Lol j/k
LOL lmao i wish i could get him destracted but that doesn't work at all lol funny story.:laugh:

boss8

Smash Hero
didnt i only play you at like one tournament why do you say like every time it was like two matches
jason i always get you in my braket almost every turney i go to but,there's nothing i can do against you thats y i ask for help,i mean come on.you 3 stocked me in a doc ditto,you don't even play doc :laugh: but it's all good see you this saturday at chu's house.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
LOL, there is a REALLY old vid of m2k's doc if u wanna see that, type in mew2king/m2k doc on youtube. And doc dittos dont show whos a better doc, ss118 would vouch for me there.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
guys i play m2k all the time (in spirit not in physical being) so srsly i can give advice on this subject and act as if i roll with pros.

i can but i wont.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
He's M2K, you can't beat him. He controls smash the way neo controls the matrix, except sexier and has 4 lives.

Maybe you should try safe hit and runs with pills and high priority attacks to get his damage up, then get in a few good throws to finish him. How patient is M2k?

Velocity

Smash Lord
He's M2K, you can't beat him. He controls smash the way neo controls the matrix, except sexier and has 4 lives.

Maybe you should try safe hit and runs with pills and high priority attacks to get his damage up, then get in a few good throws to finish him. How patient is M2k?
it depends on how serious hes playing, he defines the word camp / hes a smart player

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
How are you going ot ask how to beat M2K when he is one of the best players in the world right now?

Top Bottom