• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What tier do you think Sheik deserves?

Goodstyle

Smash Apprentice
In many tier's I see her listed as bottom. She wasn't THAT nerfed, and in Brawl she has a plethora of moves at her disposal. She has her ftilt lock that shuts down many characters.

She has a grab release forward tilt lock. (Ness and Wario) a grab release Upsmash (Wario)
Chain jackets, buffed Upsmash, and really long tether.

I started playing Sheik recently and I think she can do really well in mid high or high tier in Brawl.

PS: She can ftilt lock Snake, and apparently semi infinite MK. :psycho:

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
Upper mid, I'd guess. Unlike in Melee, she is no longer just a broken hitbox with needles, but she's still pretty good. Now, Zelda, on the other hand....

Conclusively

Smash Journeyman
Around middle tier probably, after you counter in her positives, she is also pretty light, has bad KO potential and has to work extremely hard just to set up those KOs, or if you switch to Zelda, you have to knock them away first. She still has a lot of potential overall, with chainjackets, great edgeguarding, tilt locks, and extremely quick attacks.

PD4FR

Smash Ace
I'd say middle or worse. The main problems being hit around easily, and her very small KO potential.

Plus she lost her chaingrab, and her Fair isn't as good anymore.:)

Atsu

Smash Ace
Low-Mid Tier.

But in the end, it's not like many people play her anyways.

Cobra

Smash Journeyman
Mid Tier ...shift her up or down within that tier, depending on how good your Zelda is, and if you are capable of getting the kill sub-130%.

Snakeee

Smash Master
I think Sheik is better than you give credit for Ankoku. No offense, your thread is very informative and useful, but it doesn't prove where she stands tier wise and I'm sure you realize that.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Are people actually taking me seriously? Even after I used circular logic?

I wouldn't main a bad character if I actually thought that character was bad. There'd be no logic in it, since I'm not into playing a game for some silly recognition or something.

Cobra

Smash Journeyman
Are people actually taking me seriously? Even after I used circular logic?

I wouldn't main a bad character if I actually thought that character was bad. There'd be no logic in it, since I'm not into playing a game for some silly recognition or something.
WHY DO YOU MOCK MY MOTIVATIONS TO PLAY SHEIK!!!

*runs off to cry in his room*

KRDsonic

Smash Master
In all honesty, I'd say either high low tier or low middle tier. I've used a lot of characters in this game at different times of me playing it and most characters just happen to have more potential than her, she isn't by any means bad, it's just that over half the cast is better.

Agi

Smash Lord
I was thrown off by Ankoku's reply too... lol. But even more so by the demon-looking avatar. Personally, I think that she has potential to be high-mid tier, if various chain techniques are well-used.

ddonaldo

Smash Journeyman
mid at best. I wouldnt put her at high tier simply because as widely known her KO power isnt hot. Sure Zelda provides that but zelda counts as a different character, if this wasnt the case mid tier would be a no brainer if not high tier.

Sheik does everything else gr8 though

Liquid_Kai?

Smash Apprentice
Mid.

She doesnt really have any strong matchups. Only against Captain Falcon which tbh, isnt very usefull.

Id place her mid as she can contend with any of the other chars, but every match needs that certain amount of effort to win in brawl. She doesnt have any easy matchups, Nor extremly hard matchups that are impossible to win.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Shouldn't Sheik/Zelda count as one character?

You can transform to whoever you want at any time in the game, unlike Samus/ZSS.

I mean, in a tournament, you'd be stupid not to make use of Zelda's power in places where Sheik is lacking. It's a little more difficult to change strategically with PT. I'm not saying it can't be done, but it's definitely not as simple.

I understand since the beginning of tiers, they've been considered seperate, but they're not. They're one and the same. So why not treat them as such? If you choose to only use one of the other, it's personal preference.

(Note: If you're just going to call me a moron, don't bother, I don't care. I just want to discuss.)

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Haha, Ankoku, i totally got your joke, the first time. I'm sad no one else got it.. :( . But i love dry humor.

Guys, Ankoku is the first to tell you that tournament results isn't the back-of-the-math-book on whether a character is good or not.

Anyway, the tier list must either contain Sheik/Zelda or Sheik, with the consideration that she's able to transform. Some people put her in low tier, and that's like saying, well, when you transform with Sheik, you aren't using Sheik. Transform is one of Sheik's moves!!

Let's rewrite the books here. Peach is normally low tier, not mid. We have to count out her neutral special, which is part of why she's good. See, her neutral special isn't actually her fighting, it's Toad. So she's low tier.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
If she can pull tiny *******/mushrooms out of herself, and turnips follow her under the ground wherever she goes, she's God tier in my books.

demodemo

Smash Ace
sheik alone is low tier - low middle

sheik + zelda i would say high tier or high middle at worse

maybe my friends just suck, but even while using sheik then transforming for the kill i always feel so broken :(

popsofctown

Smash Champion
they don't just suck. The Sheik/Zelda combo is high mid or low high.

It's about matchups, and Sheik/Zelda has only one bad matchup. Meta Knight doesn't count, he's a bad matchup for everyone.

I love Sheik/Zelda, because i really really feel the character is about outplaying your opponent. I don't know how to explain it, but it seems so... anyhow, the only two characters that can stop you from having a fair match are G&W and MK. No one else can stop her, really, IMO.

uberlock

Smash Rookie
Personally with the current meta-game I would put Sheik alone bottom or mid of the Mid-Tier. Basically due to her awesome combo potential and edge-gaurd game, she cannot be low, but then due to her low KO power, she could not really be high.
Then when Zelda comes in, providing the Zelda is as good and adaptable as the Sheik, then they can be put up to high Mid-Tier and even low High-Tier, maby even Mid-High depending how things develop.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
What awesome combo potential? You meaning Ftilting people who can't DI and like, 2 characters (none of which are that good) that can barely escape?

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Exactly how was it arrogant and silly...?

The only reason why I can see people saying Sheik as "amazing" combo potential is because of her tilt lock, but many people overrate it since they assume it can rack up alot of damage. Little do they realize how the few characters it's actually really good against... aren't that great themselves and on the other characters, you can only fit a few tilts before they can escape. This is what I summed up into 2 sentenced in my earlier post, sorry if that somehow hurt your feelings.

Only other combos I can think off would be footstool combos/needle lock (situational and depends on the character), her rapid jab (lol), and a SH/glitched chain (double lol).

So please do share why you think she has "amazing combo potential".

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Sheik's combos are limited to little bread-and-butter things involving ftilt and fthrow. Her ability to maintain pressure with her movement and attack speed is a lot more impressive.

darkpheonix

Smash Rookie
do you know the only thing im going to say about you *******es? tiers are for queirs!!!

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Sheik is better than Samus tier and worse than Marth tier.
So about mid tier like everyone is saying, I think mostly everyone has the same conclusion that Sheik will probably end up in lower mid tier.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Sheik's great at mixing things up in matches. I think she deserves mid tier at minimum.

Top Bottom