• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Kind of People Do You Despise the Most?

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
Urm, people run to the edge of the stage and watch the fight. Why are you even playing in the first place....

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Oh God, Vinyl's added another to the list.

People who think you shouldn't stereotype.
Or how about people that irrationally try and take the moral high ground?

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Imma be honest here, my father is a mexican man built like a small tank from all his time in the marines, and you're a gay guy on the internet. If I had to equate you're physical prowess to one of my family members, it wouldnt be my father, it would be my 17 year old cousin. Nichole.

D

Deleted member

I dislike:

-anyone that blatantly supports/encourages economically non-viable policies
-irrational middle-aged whites or baby boomers
-strictly risk-evasive people
-anyone that fits the "captain handbook" profile
-anyone that willingly chooses ignorance in some way

so basically everyone.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Peoples who yell at me and tell me I'm swearing when I use the word 'hell'.

Edit: And I'd understand (not necessarily agree with, but understand) if they got mad when I said something like 'burn in hell' or 'go to hell', but 99% of the time this happens when I say 'what the hell?'

global-wolf

Smash Champion
People who hit on girls on gaming sites/girls on gaming sites who act like they're special/people who flirt on gaming sites in general.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Why hate on someone for liking a god damn show.

Idgaf about right to hate or whatever, but I want to know, why? You could meet someone, they'd be awesome to hang with, have the same interests and beliefs as you (except for the one being MLP), and you wouldn't know it, and be friends with them; until they wear that !@#$ING DERPY AVATAR, OH MAN, **** HITS THE FAN MAN, **** HITS THE FAN! FRIENDSHIP OVER! NO JOINT VENTURE ACCOUNT TO MAKE MILLIONS! NO BEST ROOMIE EVER! You'd just take a gigantic pile of **** on them and defriend them on facebook, stop following them on twitter, and more importantly, take them to an amusement park and smack that god damn ice cream cone out of their MLP-likin' hands! !@#$ THOSE HANDS, THEY CHANGED THE CHANNEL TO HASBRO, AND IT WASNT FOR SOME GOD DAMN POUND PUPPIES !!

People like you...
Make...
me...

actually I really don't care lol

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Why hate on someone for liking a god damn show.
Question, what if that show promoted something that seriously disgusted you, like racism. Serious question I'm not straw manning and claiming MLP is as bad as like, say some ****ing neonazi yt channel or whatever the hell, but the simple statement "why hate on someone for liking a show" seems kinda ridiculous to me. If they hate the show or whatever the ****, wouldn't that person also dislike their fans?

Also often times fans of a certain thing who are very open about it generally come off as obnoxious to people who dislike whatever the **** the other person is a fan of.

This is all very simple stuff I figured out before I was 10, just saiyan.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Uh ... No?
Wrong, they do. It's not rare, happens all the time. I award you zero points.

Example: I dislike fans of terrible music, because they support that terrible ****ing music which means the awful music makes those awful musicians money. I WANT THOSE AWFUL MUSICIANS BROKE AND LIVING ON THE STREETS, SON.

BTW love how people are trying to look for some logic out of hate and when they don't get an answer they live they just go WELL I DON'T GET IT THAT'S DUMB. WELL I DON'T GET WHY PEOPLE LOVE THINGS EITHER, THOSE THINGS ARE DUMB EH EH EHHHHHHHH.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Actually, you are wrong, because you're trying to pass off your ideal as fact; "it happens all the time"... Yeah, okay.

And at the same time, why on earth would you dislike fans of MLP? Because it'd mean more MLP episodes? You never have to watch the show. You never have hear it blaring on speakers like aweful music down the street. If you do, they are disturbing the peace. Get me?

Let me just ask again; why do you hate MLP fans significantly enough to list them? What will their support for their favorite show do to you? It certainly isn't those scary pink aisles at Kmart being filled with more ponies, right?

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
It's not really an ideal it's pretty easy to see there's a lot of ****ing hate for fans. You know, sports, music, tv, whatever the ****.
I'm just saying there's no reason for it for this case, I'm not talking about other cases... and you keep dodging my question, which is why?

If there IS no reason that you dislike them other than to show your pure utter dislike for the show, then at least you can say that's your answer.

EDIT: Actually I get where you're coming from as far as hate for fans of stuff because if you're a fan of something, you wanna be a fan of something legit that won't hurt others right? Like my Mexican friend, he gets mad at me for shopping at Walmart because the clothes there are made by migrant workers and workers in other countries that don't get any benefits, have harsh working conditions, or don't get paid well. WHETHER OR NOT THAT'S TRUTH is beyond the relation, all I'm saying is I GET what you mean by not wanting to support horrible artists/companies/etc..

My question though, is why MLP?

EDIT2: Here's my own example... I absolutely loathe clam chowder, clam anything, clams suck balls. There are nasty as **** and don't do anything for your diet that you can't get out of normal foods from my experience. (in this case I call clams out as being an abnormal diet)... But I don't hate people who like clams because, to my knowledge, eating, buying, or selling clams and the people who have commodity in clams do not have anything that would harm me as a nonconsumer.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I'm just saying there's no reason for it for this case, I'm not talking about other cases... and you keep dodging my question, which is why?

If there IS no reason that you dislike them other than to show your pure utter dislike for the show, then at least you can say that's your answer.
Example: I dislike fans of terrible music, because they support that terrible ****ing music which means the awful music makes those awful musicians money. I WANT THOSE AWFUL MUSICIANS BROKE AND LIVING ON THE STREETS, SON.
Gee it's as if I addressed why I personally may dislike fans of something. If I dislike it that greatly I DON'T WANT IT TO EXIST. FANS MAKE IT EXIST.

Also way to not address how I brought up how you just claimed my statement that hate goes on all the ****ing time is just an "ideal" even though here we are, discussing it. Really, dislike between fans doesn't happen often? That's just my "ideal"? You weren't saying there's just no reason for it you very ****ing clearly said

Actually, you are wrong, because you're trying to pass off your ideal as fact; "it happens all the time"... Yeah, okay.
And I'm not dodging the ****ing question when I say PEOPLE WHO HATE DON'T FOLLOW YOUR ****ING LOGIC, THEY WANT TO HATE. IF THEY HATE SOMETHING, THEY HATE FANS OF THE **** THEY HATE, PERIOD. Like, you know, I'm not a big fan of dog fights, if someone is I ****ING HATE THAT PERSON.

DONE. SON.

Edit-If you really really need a reason why I dislike rabid mlp fans, it's because they annoy me. I don't really give a ****, I don't recall ever claiming that I did. Stop making this about MLP when I'm explaining why people would hate on a show's fans or anything's fans IN GENERAL.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Disliking someone because of different taste? Really?

I mean I get disliking people for being obnoxious fanatics, but if they just like it (even if it's something I dislike) to a normal extent then I don't really care.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Imma be honest here, my father is a mexican man built like a small tank from all his time in the marines, and you're a gay guy on the internet. If I had to equate you're physical prowess to one of my family members, it wouldnt be my father, it would be my 17 year old cousin. Nichole.
So, you're assuming because he is homosexual and on the internet he is physically similar to your young female cousin?

Gee it's as if I addressed why I personally may dislike fans of something. If I dislike it that greatly I DON'T WANT IT TO EXIST. FANS MAKE IT EXIST.

Also way to not address how I brought up how you just claimed my statement that hate goes on all the ****ing time is just an "ideal" even though here we are, discussing it. Really, dislike between fans doesn't happen often? That's just my "ideal"? You weren't saying there's just no reason for it you very ****ing clearly said

And I'm not dodging the ****ing question when I say PEOPLE WHO HATE DON'T FOLLOW YOUR ****ING LOGIC, THEY WANT TO HATE. IF THEY HATE SOMETHING, THEY HATE FANS OF THE **** THEY HATE, PERIOD. Like, you know, I'm not a big fan of dog fights, if someone is I ****ING HATE THAT PERSON.

DONE. SON.

Edit-If you really really need a reason why I dislike rabid mlp fans, it's because they annoy me. I don't really give a ****, I don't recall ever claiming that I did. Stop making this about MLP when I'm explaining why people would hate on a show's fans or anything's fans IN GENERAL.
I understand what you're saying, but the dog fighting isn't the same, supporting or being against that is a moral stance. Whereas being a fan of MLP is just an art preference. Krsytedez sums it up nicely: welcome to human life. Plenty of crap I don't find to me tastes (not in the realm of morals) that I don't want to disappear, nor do I think I have the right to think that way.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path

I already addressed your flawed example of horrible music though.

And if I don't like something, I can just...ignore it. Not partake in it. Would I prefer it not exist? Depends. Does it make an impact on the world in a positive way for someone I care about? That's what I'd care to answer. But it just sounds like all you care about is yourself, so that answers my question. Since no one in the world matters but you, you'd prefer material you don't like to not exist, and if it does exist, you want fans to not exist or stop liking what you don't like... For MLP, it's because ->you don't like it. And because -> you don't like how annoying the fans are.

Welcome to human life.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

And at the same time, why on earth would you dislike fans of MLP? Because it'd mean more MLP episodes? You never have to watch the show. You never have hear it blaring on speakers like aweful music down the street. If you do, they are disturbing the peace. Get me?

Let me just ask again; why do you hate MLP fans significantly enough to list them? What will their support for their favorite show do to you? It certainly isn't those scary pink aisles at Kmart being filled with more ponies, right?
I dislike fans of MLP. I don't even know what MLP is but I still dislike it. Never cared to watch or look it up. However, I dislike their jokes, their pictures (like th eone you put up), and the entire philosophy behind it.

I dislike vocaloid fans. I dislike Twilight fans. I dislike Hunger Games fans. I dislike Harry Potter fans despite loving and adoring the books. I dislike Justin Beiber fans. I dislike Dragon Ball Z fans. And :shock: I dislike Super Smash Bros. fans.

Because, at the root, fandom is a parasite and totally destroys every possible positive aspect of the thing people are obsessing over by latching onto it and sucking it dry. Obsession is a sin, people. Fans ruin what they worship because of their extremism, intolerance, dedication, "fan clubs", and over-obsessive tendacies to create crossover fanfics and music videos with no point to them. And I have to come into contact with these people or, otherwise, I become a social recluse and jack over nudie pictures all night since I wouldn't have any friends.

So yeah. Fandom is extremely dumb...yet it help fuels, pay, and support for many good things such as Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Super Smash Bros., Lady Gaga, The Hunger Games, Hollywood, anime, etc. I'll leave Justin Beiber out of that list though. So without fans, we have nothing.

I know your question is not directed towards me but, yeah, that fact you are a MLP fan (i assume you are) and a proud one irks me/annoys me but I'm ok with it. Sometimes you just gotta bear that insatiable rage and let them obsess over it.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Notice how he's still caught up in the why bit when I'm just giving general examples of why some people might, immediately after explaining why it doesn't ****ing matter. I give examples and he wants to argue the examples rather than understanding that I'm trying to explain he started out asking about something that can be very ****ing easily understood if you actually try to look from someone else's point of view. You know, kinda how I can understand why someone might hate black people, that doesn't mean I think that's a good thing or "ok" but I understand it.

Also wow comparing tastes in food to tastes in art, art which often reflects certain views or ways of thinking, and food which most people associate with ****ing nothing on that kind of level. Good ****.

And remember the entire time I'm trying to explain WHY someone MIGHT "hate on someone for liking a goddamn show". Not saying that it's ok or that they should, but why they MIGHT, and here I was thinking it was so ****ing obvious, but hey let's turn it into an argument about my personal tastes and why I don't like certain people.

Aight.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I DON'T WANT IT TO EXIST. FANS MAKE IT EXIST.
True, as every other show you would dislike is out there because of them.
And what do you do when you dislike the show? Ignore it. Simple as that.

Fans liking it? Don't even bother. Think, let it slide, continue on.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
It sounded like a "should hate on someone" not a "might" so you MIGHT be getting misunderstood. Try explaining things better.

As for food comparison, why are you calling me out on that when admited to strawmaning. I feel like food and art can be associated with eachother because they are goods and products, commodities, stuff that we humans make a profit off of in one way or another.

As for me personally, I like the show, but I don't like the annoying obsession over it. But I don't hate the fans for liking the show. I could only say, that I hate the people that turn the show into something it's not, or make it more important than other people in their life.

That's what I was trying to get. It's okay to hate on people in my opinion for their obessions because that, I agree, is bad. But hating on someone like me who likes the show and watches it whenever I feel like it is stupid. But if I were an obesser, one who pushes it in your face by posting pony stuff everywhere, then yeah it makes sense to hate on me.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
True, as every other show you would dislike is out there because of them.
And what do you do when you dislike the show? Ignore it. Simple as that.

Fans liking it? Don't even bother. Think, let it slide, continue on.
See you're explaining what someone should do. I'm not giving the example of what one should or shouldn't do, what's the better choice, I'm giving an example of why people hate fans of certain things.

As for food comparison, why are you calling me out on that when admited to strawmaning. .
Question, what if that show promoted something that seriously disgusted you, like racism. Serious question I'm not straw manning
Yeah. Uhuh.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
ITT: "fans" is equated with "insufferable obsession".

Do I have to specific when I say I'm a fan of MLP?

"I'm an MLP fa-"
"OH GOD GET IT AWAY"
"don't worry bro, I don't brohoof and don't want you to watch it. I just watch the sho-"
"too late! STERILIZE STERILIZE!" *spray spray*

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
JUST STFU I HATE ALL OF YOU!!!!

lol I'm joking I like most people

:phone:

Top Bottom