• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Kind of People Do You Despise the Most?

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Man when Hulk makes me ready you'll be sorry, heel Falcon, big feud when I get back, jack.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Pft, whatever man, don't you know that I'M BEST IN THE WORLD AT EVERYTHING I DOOO.

Also you're gay so YOU'LL NEVER MAKE IT BIG TIME, BROTHER.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I hate people who just suck someone's **** too much (metaphorically I mean).

Falcon you seem to feel really good about being 'associated' with Teran, as if you just befriended one of the cool kids in school.

Inb4trollresponsetoavoidhavingtorespond.

:phone:

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I don't really feel like he's one of the cool kids in school I feel like he's just one of the few people who I actually feel like talking with on a regular basis.

**** son we've been friends for what, 2-3 years now? Yeah idgaf. Sometimes we're kind of a "team" in threads other times we don't really give a ****.

So, penis.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
People who let their dogs **** in your yard and don't give a damn about it.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
People who think they are an expert in cultures or integrating into a specific culture to the extent it makes them look like a douche. This can be applies to those who study a certain culture, live in a different culture, or is related/connected to a person of another culture.

For example, I live in Japan and, in my city, 12 other Western foreigners (who I know and friends with) live in. I have seen foreigners who know they are foreign but they respect Japanese traditions and customs (taking of the shoes before entering a house, bringing a treat when visiting someone, bowing, etc). However, they aren't afraid to show their foreignness and do it often.

What I can't stand are those who think they are above and beyond this and totally throw away their own home culture to adopt a Japanese culture mind set. For example, refusing to use English (or another foreign language) in favor for Japanese WHEN speaking to another foreigner (even if they don't know Japanese), refusing the acknowledge other fellow foreigners, and tell bald face lies about how horrible your culture is to your Japanese friends while exalting the Japanese culture. They think because they have a Japanese girlfriend/wife, lived in Japan for X amount of years, or passed the expert level of the Japanese proficiency test, they are automatically geniuses in everything Japanese while you, because you are a foreigner, are an idiot compared to them. It's almost maddening to be around them. They basically think that, by adhering to every Japanese standard, they become more Japanese then the other foreigner. However, many Japanese dislike this and, ironically, become bored or uninterested with a foreigner who is too "Japanese". Even more ironic is that many Japanese people, nowadays, try to become more Americanized or Western instead of keeping more strict and traditional Japanese customs. Thus, the foreigner who is trying to become to epitome of Japanese, is becoming more and more Japanese than the actual Japanese person. All the while, the Japanese person is laughing at the foreigner.

Sorry but had to get this out. /Rant

Well, let's see:
I dislike people who insist on giving people with not-fully-debilitating disorders like ADHD more freedom than normal people.

I dislike it when people touch me without apparent reason. I'm not some xXxKOOLandEDGYxXx person, I just find it irritating because those people will mostly interrupt any potential daydream or thought of mine. I guess I don't despise them, though, as some of those people are friends.

I heavily dislike people who repeat themselves unnecessarily. I'm not a ******, and no one else around me is a ******. Say it once, we'll get it done, and then you can bugger right off.

I dislike people who are proud of their children having disabilities, e.g. those ***** who have bumper stickers that say "PROUD XYZ OF AUTISM/ASPERGERS/DOWNS/ETC."
-Also those people with bumper stickers that say "Hug a person with Autism/Aspergers/Downs". I hope they realise that hugging a person with Autism will most likely result in a punch to the face.

I have an absolutely unrelenting hate for any person that can't think critically/have one-track minds/completely depend on the thoughts of another. A good example is the large majority of public school mongoloids.

I hate people who miss/don't understand the original point of the argument and raise another, more ******** point to try and cover themselves up, instead of admitting to loss.

I hate idolaters. I don't think I could give an example that exceeds the sheer vapidity and general soullessness of an idolater.
"~Let me completely focus my life on another person, who I believe has no flaws!~ ~They're so nice, they're so cool, they're so perfect!~"
And then they crash and roast nicely in the ensuing fire once their idol has fallen. Their tears are akin to baklava in terms of deliciousness.

The list goes on, but not too much more. The other types of people I "hate" would probably raise some rumpravaged argument by another member, should I list my reasons.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
People who think they are an expert in cultures or integrating into a specific culture to the extent it makes them look like a douche. This can be applies to those who study a certain culture, live in a different culture, or is related/connected to a person of another culture.

For example, I live in Japan and, in my city, 12 other Western foreigners (who I know and friends with) live in. I have seen foreigners who know they are foreign but they respect Japanese traditions and customs (taking of the shoes before entering a house, bringing a treat when visiting someone, bowing, etc). However, they aren't afraid to show their foreignness and do it often.

What I can't stand are those who think they are above and beyond this and totally throw away their own home culture to adopt a Japanese culture mind set. For example, refusing to use English (or another foreign language) in favor for Japanese WHEN speaking to another foreigner (even if they don't know Japanese), refusing the acknowledge other fellow foreigners, and tell bald face lies about how horrible your culture is to your Japanese friends while exalting the Japanese culture. They think because they have a Japanese girlfriend/wife, lived in Japan for X amount of years, or passed the expert level of the Japanese proficiency test, they are automatically geniuses in everything Japanese while you, because you are a foreigner, are an idiot compared to them. It's almost maddening to be around them. They basically think that, by adhering to every Japanese standard, they become more Japanese then the other foreigner. However, many Japanese dislike this and, ironically, become bored or uninterested with a foreigner who is too "Japanese".

Sorry but had to get this out. /Rant

I can't stand weaboos who seem to insist on saying dumb **** like KAWAII in place of cute or whatever the hell. Also, yes, it's called anime and manga, it can also be called CARTOONS AND ****ING COMICS, WHO GIVES A ****. This is coming from someone who does generally refer to animated stuff from Japan as "anime" and their comics as "manga" but I don't tell people HEY THEY'RE NOT ****ING CARTOONS YOU ****. GONNA POST SOMETHING REALLY DUMB TO GET MYSELF BANNED I'M SO MAD ABOUT PEOPLE NOT RESPECTING JAPAN.

I can't stand weaboos who seem to insist on saying dumb **** like KAWAII in place of cute or whatever the hell. Also, yes, it's called anime and manga, it can also be called CARTOONS AND ****ING COMICS, WHO GIVES A ****. This is coming from someone who does generally refer to animated stuff from Japan as "anime" and their comics as "manga" but I don't tell people HEY THEY'RE NOT ****ING CARTOONS YOU ****. GONNA POST SOMETHING REALLY DUMB TO GET MYSELF BANNED I'M SO MAD ABOUT PEOPLE NOT RESPECTING JAPAN.
My friend consistently pushes me to watch anime, stating that it has deeper, philosophical meanings.
Not to mention he tries to psychologically profile the main characters of some anime (i.e. Lelouch from Code Geass) and compare them to himself.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
My friend consistently pushes me to watch anime, stating that it has deeper, philosophical meanings.
Not to mention he tries to psychologically profile the main characters of some anime (i.e. Lelouch from Code Geass) and compare them to himself.
Sounds like a fun guy. I will admit that there is a greater range of "mature" animation in Japan but there's plenty of dumb **** too. So what, is that anime or is it A CARTOOOOOON.

I remember this conversation I had with a friend (am I allowed to mention Teran's name durrr?) where he told me that basically his AZN ****ING PIANO TEACHER mentions his COMICS then points to a bunch of "MANGA". GUESS HE'S NOT A REAL PERSON.

Gah.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
To be fair, there is a lot more going on in a lot of anime, because they are generally targeted for either teens or younger adults as opposed to American cartoons which are (typically) aimed at children.

I hate idolaters. I don't think I could give an example that exceeds the sheer vapidity and general soullessness of an idolater.
"~Let me completely focus my life on another person, who I believe has no flaws!~ ~They're so nice, they're so cool, they're so perfect!~"
And then they crash and roast nicely in the ensuing fire once their idol has fallen. Their tears are akin to baklava in terms of deliciousness.
Ohhhh how I particularly despise this, this reminds me of a lot of despicable things. An ex of mine was that type of person and argued that it was the only way to love, to think you are halved or nothing without their idol/loved one. Said girl has spent her entire life afraid of being single and threatening to kill herself whenever things don't go her way. I can't stand people who say things like that consistently and want to be taken seriously because they want the attention to "save them". I refuse to get on that level (at the time I sadly did every single time until the end when I finally got tired of playing along), and I refuse to think I'm not happy without some person.

I don't really know, I just hate people who try to find philosophical meaning and proper psychological profiling in chinese girl cartoons.

Oh, and IMO, idolaters of any kind should be executed via guillotine.
That would be highly entertaining.

Also, just a quick thing to add to my visible list of despised people:

Bronies, how could I forget those autistic ******s?

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I think my favorite quote about Japan came from the guy who worked on Evangelion, in response to people asking about why Rei is so huge with fans. (Don't know who the **** Rei is? USE GOOGLE, UGLY.)

"Anno understands the Japanese national attraction to characters like Rei as the product of a stunted imaginative landscape borne of Japan's defeat in the Second World War. Japan lost the war to the Americans. Since that time, the education we received is not one that creates adults. Even for us, people in their 40s, and for the generation older than me, in their 50s and 60s, there's no reasonable model of what an adult should be like."

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Anime and manga is fine in small doses but anything else is just plain ********. I can and will never understand the entire weeaboo culture (lol). I recall one poster a long time ago in a forum I use to frequent and claimed that the Pokemon anime series is for adults and is a mature cartoon hence why it is a entertaining show. Her arguments where that: they cuss, their are guns, and there are sex symbols.

Then why, pray tell, are my 3rd graders watching Pokemon Best Wishes on Sunday morning every week and carry pencil cases full of Pokemon? It doesn't make sense and that is why I despise the entire "culture elitism" ideal. Because a cartoon has "mature" elements, it's makes it more legitimized? By watching a high school anime, it makes you a expert in Japanese high school related subjects. Because, man, the Japan in anime and manga is NOT the Japan I experience every day.

Just because you've watch 200+ anime, know a few "popular" words in Japanese, and have a Japanese pen pal does not make you a expert in the field. Nor does having a Japanese wife, having lived in the country for 15+ years, and knowing more Japanese customs them your neighbor. Because, according to most Japanese, you are still a foreigner regardless. You are either a funny foreigner who likes anime or a boring foreigner who knows business-level Japanese and will never be "Japanese".

Oh and guys who are in their 40's and still idolize Hatsune Mika (or whatever the name is) or 16 year girl singing groups. So that guys are creepy as ****.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I'm a weeaboo, furry, and a Brony.

I actually do find it bothersome that most of them are simply nothing but annoyance, as I am completely different out of all of them.
But I guess that's because of their "great respect" towards anime and such.

Derpy♂

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Christians. Republicans.

I cannot think of a larger group of people that have effected the world this negatively.

keyboard warriors that never attend tourneys and complain on smashboards about things anyway
My swf experience.

Morin0

Smash Lord
Just because you've watch 200+ anime, know a few "popular" words in Japanese, and have a Japanese pen pal does not make you a expert in the field. Nor does having a Japanese wife, having lived in the country for 15+ years, and knowing more Japanese customs them your neighbor. Because, according to most Japanese, you are still a foreigner regardless. You are either a funny foreigner who likes anime or a boring foreigner who knows business-level Japanese and will never be "Japanese".
What happens if a non-Japanese person (or maybe of mixed decent like half Japanese half caucasian etc) is born in Japan? Is he still a foreigner amongst the Japanese people? What about here in America? All those Japanese that emigrated from Japan. Should they still be seen as foreigners even though they have lived here for numerous years, speak English etc?

Oh and guys who are in their 40's and still idolize Hatsune Mika (or whatever the name is) or 16 year girl singing groups. So that guys are creepy as ****.
:mad:

Unless it's **** like this. Then it comes mildly entertaining ><.
No. Just no.

Whenever my friends and I decide to blast music, my weeaboo friend puts on his bloody ****ing little Japanese girls singing some irritating-as-hell melody.

I've never hated something as much as that.

Except a lot of things.

Granted, he's not a complete weeaboo ******. I think he's in the phase where he realises that his past weeaboo self was worthy of being heavily ridiculed, and thus he, in turn, ridicules his weeaboo past.

Edit: He's still a hypocrite, though. No escaping that :yeahboi::yeahboi::yeahboi:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
What happens if a non-Japanese person (or maybe of mixed decent like half Japanese half caucasian etc) is born in Japan? Is he still a foreigner amongst the Japanese people? What about here in America? All those Japanese that emigrated from Japan. Should they still be seen as foreigners even though they have lived here for numerous years, speak English etc?
Yes, they would still be looked at as a foreigner no matter how long they lived in Japan, if they were born, or how well they speak Japanese. It doesn't have to be "Oh, that person is 100% foreign." As long as that person looks a tad bit different, a foreign connotation is applied to them. Please read this about being of half-descent (http://www.hafujapanese.org/). I have a 4th grade student who is full Indian but was born to two parents who live and work in my city. He speaks Japanese with a obvious accent. He is accepted, have friends, and does well in school but, when I went into class, the teacher pointed out almost immediately that is is a foreigner despite being fluent in Japanese.

Comparing foreigners in America and Japan is technically impossible. That is because in America, there are so many diverse cultures and generations of these immigrated cultures where as in Japan, it is still predominately Japanese. A lot of the Asian countries (South Korea and Japan especially) still have a predominately homogeneous population. In America, asking someone's descendants is a common question. I'm part Irish and German or I am part Native American, English, and Dutch, etc.

In Japan, they say "Oh, my family is from the Kyoto prefecture". They are Japanese and only Japanese and only relate to Japan. In fact, when I say "I am part German, Italian, and Japanese", people say I am very American because I have so many nationalities. In Japan, being of mixed blood is still a huge minority, often overlooked, and at times, discriminated against.

So, to answer your question: No, Japanese and descendants from Japan (unless newly emigrating from Japan), should not be seen as a foreigners because they aren't. America is a very internationalized and diverse country with many different types of people therefore it is hard to draw that lines between being American and being a foreigner. And technically, all Americans are foreigners if you think about it :troll:

However, in a country like Japan that is predominately Japanese in ethnicity, you are a foreigner even if you look somewhat Japanese. It even applies to people who are actually Japanese but look a bit foreign. This is because Japan being such a homogenius population.

And sadly, there is racism/discrimination thrown along with it.

As well, this is for a different topic and, if people are interested, we can talk about it in another thread.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
lol japanese roots

No one cares.

If they look Nippon, then they are Nippon.
If they look Wapanese or not Nippon, then they are not Nippon.

End of rine.
Yeah, basically. Kinda sad though : /

I showed the aforementioned website to a co-worker and he thought they were all from a different country. I said they were born in Japan or from Japanese parents. He said "Yeah....but they are still foreign." It's just how Japanese people think and you can't change it without a major change within Japan.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I dislike most of the people in the comments section on IGN and Huffington (idk why I even read the comments section anymore, I feel like my IQ goes down everytime I read either of them).

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Never read ign comments. They can say **** you agree with 100% and you'll still want to kill people.
Yeah seriously, people started impersonating developers on there too, which was mildly entertaining the first time then it just got annoying really quickly.

Top Bottom