• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is your most hated criticism against your most wanted character?

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Rex and Pyra are “too new”.
I mean, in terms of the base roster, they are. That's not really a critique, that's just how it is.

I think they're practically a lock for DLC though.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I mean, in terms of the base roster, they are.

I think they're practically a lock for DLC though.
Well, if DLC roster is anything like base roster, unlikely. We got only one unique fighter from this decade so far.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Well, if DLC roster is anything like base roster, unlikely. We got only one unique fighter from this decade so far.
True, if the DLC Roster also does ballot picks that would put a dent in that.

I have a feeling DLC characters might be a bit more advertise-y though, who knows.

osby

Smash Obsessed
True, if the DLC Roster also does ballot picks that would put a dent in that.

I have a feeling DLC characters might be a bit more advertise-y though, who knows.
If advertising is putting characters created after I born, I hope they just do that.

Joking aside, I want some new fan favourites from new games. Inklings started to feel like a consolation prize for newer fans.

Folt

Smash Ace
Not for me...

Both of those characters come from the same game (I know that Bandana Dee technically appeared in Kirby Superstar, but the first major appearance is in Return to Dreamland). Fans of modern Kirby games will be satisfied, ok, but some more old school fans such as me would be disappointed (may be a minority, but it's still a part of the fandom).

The Dark Matter Trilogy is still unrepresented!!! Completely, not a stage, not a trophy. To be more precise, only 2 trophies in Melee actually (Rick and Gooey), that's all.

You would satisfy everyone if you pick 1 character from modern games (and I include Marx in this, since most modern Kirby fan started with Kirby Superstar Ultra and Marx was in it) and 1 character from the Dark Matter trilogy (who I think should be Adeleine & Ribbon, but Dark Matter Blade or Gooey would be fine too).

I personally would go for Marx and "Adeleine & Ribbon", I think it covers the representation of the series much better and those characters have a bigger and more relevant history in the franchise; You can exchange Marx with Magolor, but I tihnk Marx would be a more interesting character and Superstar, despite being already represented to death in Smash, is still the most popular Kirby game (the same applies to Adeleine and Dark Matter Blade, both are equally important IMO and both have made a recent appearance in modern games, it's only a matter of preferences).

That's my ideal representation (it will never happen though and I'll get Bandana Dee instead :mad088:).
Bandana Dee and Magolor are better overall reps, in my opinion. Bandana Dee is the fourth character to become an actual regular member of the cast (and also: just about every Kirby fan loves Waddle Dees and Bandana Dee reps Waddle Dees by extension) and Magolor debuted in the game that marked the codification of modern Kirby games.

The current three reps (Kirby, Meta Knight, and King Dedede) may be universal to the series, but their debuts are in old Kirby games so they do in some ways represent the old Kirby era (especially since Meta Knight and King Dedede have appeared in Events based on Nintendo villains or the Nintendo rogues gallery which is more reminiscent of their old appearances than their newer ones). Adeleine and Marx as the next reps would focus a bit too much on the old for my liking.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Bandana Dee and Magolor are better overall reps, in my opinion. Bandana Dee is the fourth character to become an actual regular member of the cast (and also: just about every Kirby fan loves Waddle Dees and Bandana Dee reps Waddle Dees by extension) and Magolor debuted in the game that marked the codification of modern Kirby games.

The current three reps (Kirby, Meta Knight, and King Dedede) may be universal to the series, but their debuts are in old Kirby games so they do in some ways represent the old Kirby era (especially since Meta Knight and King Dedede have appeared in Events based on Nintendo villains or the Nintendo rogues gallery which is more reminiscent of their old appearances than their newer ones). Adeleine and Marx as the next reps would focus a bit too much on the old for my liking.
I'm ok with different opinions, it's fine, though, I would like to specify that it's not a matter of representing old games, it's a matter of representing a specific trilogy that's important to the Kirby series and despite this it's been neglected for years.

I don't know how much familiar with the Kirby series you are, but there are 3 classic games, Kirby's Dreamland 2, Kirby's Dreamland 3 and Kirby 64, that have been directed by a different person (Shinichi Shimomura). They are part of the classics, they are important too, though, they don't have any representation in Smash yet, all the content from old Kirby games in Smash comes from the original Kirby's Dreamland, Kirby's Adventure, Kirby Superstar and Kirby Air Ride, only games directed by Sakurai himself.
I think that at least 1 newcomer should come from Shimomura's games, it's unfair that the trilogy has been excluded for all these years.

Then, it's fine to have a modern rep too, I'm not denying that; if Marx is too old (though I think modern fans would like him just fine thanks to Superstar Ultra and his recent appearance as playable in Star Allies), they can take Magolor or Bandana Dee instead, or even Susie or Hyness if they want to surprise us, though I think that having two modern reps and still nothing from the Shimomura trilogy would be incredibly unfair.

I don't think Kirby will get more than 2 newcomers though (+ 1 echo at best, that would be a -knight character), at least not before DLCs will be announced (if they will), so it would make sense to me to have a retro rep and a modern rep, instead of 2 moderns; that's supposing that Kirby will get 2 reps, something that's even unlikely in the first place, it's just my wish.

Last edited:

Folt

Smash Ace
I'm ok with different opinions, it's fine, though, I would like to specify that it's not a matter of representing old games, it's a matter of representing a specific trilogy that's important to the Kirby series and despite this it's been neglected for years.

I don't know how much familiar with the Kirby series you are, but there are 3 classic games, Kirby's Dreamland 2, Kirby's Dreamland 3 and Kirby 64, that have been directed by a different person (Shinichi Shimomura). They are part of the classics, they are important too, though, they don't have any representation in Smash yet, all the content from old Kirby games in Smash comes from the original Kirby's Dreamland, Kirby's Adventure, Kirby Superstar and Kirby Air Ride, only games directed by Sakurai himself.
I think that at least 1 newcomer should come from Shimomura's games, it's unfair that the trilogy has been excluded for all these years.

Then, it's fine to have a modern rep too, I'm not denying that; if Marx is too old (though I think modern fans would like him just fine thanks to Superstar Ultra and his recent appearance as playable in Star Allies), they can take Magolor or Bandana Dee instead, or even Susie or Hyness if they want to surprise us, though I think that having two modern reps and still nothing from the Shimomura trilogy would be incredibly unfair.

I don't think Kirby will get more than 2 newcomers though (+ 1 echo at best, that would be a -knight character), at least not before DLCs will be announced (if they will), so it would make sense to me to have a retro rep and a modern rep, instead of 2 moderns.
Just make them Assist Trophies. I don't see Adeleine or Dark Matter or even Marx as in need of being playable at the moment. If Bandana Dee was the only playable rep added to Smash, I'd be fine with it because he's very much a rising star in the Kirby fanbase. I'd love Magolor the most of the Kirby characters, but if he's not playable, it won't be the end of the world, and Bandana Dee is likely the most likely new Kirby fighter before anyone else anyways.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
This isn't really directed at any particular character, but I feel it needs to be said regardless.

"We don't need any more Fire Emblem representation. Especially not a Swordsmen. Too many FE characters."

Now, in all fairness, I'm also of the mindset that there is kinda a pretty crazy amount of FE characters. Maybe we could do without one or two. But that's besides the point. Do you guys know why we don't really complain that we essentially have 4 Marths in the game? Because we don't just care about Fire Emblem for moveset potential, we care about FE because we care about the Characters.

Something I think a lot of people keep forgetting is that a sizeable chunk of Smash's cast doesn't really have much to them in terms of character. Don't misread that, what I mean is that the likes of, say, Link, Ness, other silent protagonists, we love them as characters, but they aren't really deep or compelling. Their games can be/are, sure, and the stories around them can be, but many of the characters in Smash are more simplistic than complex. Save a few characters like Shulk, Cloud and the like. That isn't a bad thing, that's just how their series handles things.

Fire Emblem has always had rich characters. Combat wise, yes, they can be a tad boring, but we like them because of the character, not so much the Moveset attached to them. A lot of people aren't excited for Chrom just because he'll be Roy without the middle of the blade mechanic, we're excited for Chrom because he's Chrom. We spent a massive journey with him protecting his family, losing people he holds dear, feeling his stress of leading an army, his goofier side and the moments with him and his comrades growing closer. THAT is why people love Chrom.

Meanwhile, if we look at, say, K. Rool, his Moveset looks fun as hell, but as a character he's not exactly layered. Again, that is not a BAD thing, he's just loved for different reasons. Heck, my most wanted character is Geno, and he's not exactly a textbook of complexity.

Of course, variety in the FE cast would still be nice, but still. I think people don't properly understand the reason FE characters are as popular as they are.

Except Corrin, Corrin still sucks.

Last edited:

Folt

Smash Ace
This isn't really directed at any particular character, but I feel it needs to be said regardless.

"We don't need any more Fire Emblem representation. Especially not a Swordsmen. Too many FE characters."

Now, in all fairness, I'm also of the mindset that there is kinda a pretty crazy amount of FE characters. Maybe we could do without one or two. But that's besides the point. Do you guys know why we don't really complain that we essentially have 4 Marths in the game? Because we don't just care about Fire Emblem for moveset potential, we care about FE because we care about the Characters.

Something I think a lot of people keep forgetting is that a sizeable chunk of Smash's cast doesn't really have much to them in terms of character. Don't misread that, what I mean is that the likes of, say, Link, Ness, other silent protagonists, we love them as characters, but they aren't really deep or compelling. Their games can be/are, sure, and the stories around them can be, but many of the characters in Smash are more simplistic than complex. Save a few characters like Shulk, Cloud and the like. That isn't a bad thing, that's just how their series handles things.

Fire Emblem has always had rich characters. Combat wise, yes, they can be a tad boring, but we like them because of the character, not so much the Moveset attached to them. A lot of people aren't excited for Chrom just because he'll be Roy without the middle of the blade mechanic, we're excited for Chrom because he's Chrom. We spent a massive journey with him protecting his family, losing people he holds dear, feeling his stress of leading an army, his goofier side and the moments with him and his comrades growing closer. THAT is why people love Chrom.

Meanwhile, if we look at, say, K. Rool, his Moveset looks fun as hell, but as a character he's not exactly layered. Again, that is not a BAD thing, he's just loved for different reasons. Heck, my most wanted character is Geno, and he's not exactly a textbook of complexity.

Of course, variety in the FE cast would still be nice, but still. I think people don't properly understand the reason FE characters are as popular as they are.

Except Corrin, Corrin still sucks.
Nah. Corrin's fun as hell!

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Waddle Dee is a unique fighter in Kirby's Return to Dream Land, and there are abilities he shows that could transition really well into SSB. However, there are already three characters for the series. I prefer to have the roster limited in size so there isn't an over-representation of characters like Mario, Fire Emblem, Pokémon, and now The Legend of Zelda. (Yes, I'm aware of four Metroid characters, and if I had to remove one, it'd be ZSS.) Although Waddle Dee would be easier to create off of Kirby's model, there are Kirby's animal friends. In Kirby Star Allies, the animal friends work together, and I think this could really present a unique style of fighting. Every character would do a particular attack, rather than being a 3-in-1 character like Pokémon Trainer.

As for most hated criticisms, I can't think of any because there hasn't been any presented. I have all that I could ask for.

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
Wh-why are you guys talking about Olimar like his series is dead...
It was simply easier to word it like that. Technically, I'm not wrong in saying Pikmin was "relevant" during Brawl, but yes, unlike F-Zero and Mother, Pikmin's still around.

edsett

Smash Apprentice
Waddle Dee is a unique fighter in Kirby's Return to Dream Land, and there are abilities he shows that could transition really well into SSB. However, there are already three characters for the series. I prefer to have the roster limited in size so there isn't an over-representation of characters like Mario, Fire Emblem, Pokémon, and now The Legend of Zelda. (Yes, I'm aware of four Metroid characters, and if I had to remove one, it'd be ZSS.) Although Waddle Dee would be easier to create off of Kirby's model, there are Kirby's animal friends. In Kirby Star Allies, the animal friends work together, and I think this could really present a unique style of fighting. Every character would do a particular attack, rather than being a 3-in-1 character like Pokémon Trainer.

As for most hated criticisms, I can't think of any because there hasn't been any presented. I have all that I could ask for.
IMO Kirby could get two new reps and still not be over-represented.

Ikenna

Smash Apprentice
NNID
IkennaSmash
Xenoblade Chronicles X's player avatar (also dubbed the name "Cross" by the community for some reason) receives a lot of flak for not being the one to drive the main story. I don't think contributing to the the main story's cutscenes is all that important but oh well.

Last edited:

Folt

Smash Ace

I don't actually think any of the series are overrepresented. They more or less have the amount of reps they want as playable reps. At most, some of them (Mario and Kirby to name some) end up feeling more like they're underrepresented (and in Kirby's case, Bandana Dee would solve that, being a more recent Kirby character who has made a name for himself in his home series and would contrast with the older Kirby trio).

Corrin IS fun as hell, probably my favorite FE character to play.

But I dislike the character and don't like Fates.
I liked him and I liked Fates, but then again, for Smash Bros., I lean more towards a character if their moveset interests me, which Corrin absolutely does.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Why don't I just dump all of the criticisms I can think of at the moment.

Banjo and Kazooie:
"Microsoft-"
And Nintendo are pretty chill recently, with crossplay, Banjo skins in Minecraft on Switch, Phil, head of XBox himself saying Banjo can get in Smash, etc.​

"Minecraft Steve is more likely"
:joyful: I think people have missed the memo of fan favorites and ballot picks.

"Duck Hunt tho"
This one has already been addressed in this thread, but it's still hilarious.​

"They're washed up hasbeens from the N64 who's last game was garbage"
Better to be a hasbeen than a wasnot. Banjo-Kazooie was an iconic game that took the world by storm. They might not be around these days, but that didn't stop our Kremling King either, now did it? People remember Banjo for his N64 outings, and people clearly want the iconic duo back.​

Rayman:
"Ubisoft is a terrible company"
:ultsnake::ultsimon::ultrichter:Well I guess these guys are out of luck.​

"Western characters can't be in Smash because of the language barrier"
Rayman was already a trophy, and Shovel Knight is an assist trophy. Translators exist, you know?​

"His design is terrible/He's generic"
I can't even, what characters do you know that have no limbs? That's generic? You absolutely can't mistake Rayman's silhouette for anyone else, that's the opposite of generic. Not liking his design is more of a personal thing, but come on.​

"He's not on the iconic level of the other third parties in Smash"
First off, Bayonetta. Second, the Rayman series has sold well over the Castlevania series, and Sakurai even introduced Richter in a manner implying that no one knew who he was, so being an absolute icon like Sonic and Mario isn't a requirement.​

"Rabbids or some Assassin are more likely"
How many people do you think voted for either over Rayman?​

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I don't actually think any of the series are overrepresented. They more or less have the amount of reps they want as playable reps. At most, some of them (Mario and Kirby to name some) end up feeling more like they're underrepresented (and in Kirby's case, Bandana Dee would solve that, being a more recent Kirby character who has made a name for himself in his home series and would contrast with the older Kirby trio).
Sorry but I disagree with that.
Not only I think that Kirby is one of the franchises that still has the biggest amount of characters who are potential newcomers and are still not in Smash; I also think that Bandana Dee would not complete Kirby at all, and just because a majority of people want Bandana Dee in Smash, doens't mean that everyone does, I don't want him and he's possibly the only character that I really don't want in Smash.

You said yourself that you would prefer Magolor over every other Kirby character, so why this obsession over Bandana Dee if it's not the one you want, it's just in the way of Magolor getting in, if you are not interested in the character you shoudln't support him just because he's "the most likely".
Fans brought King K Rool in Smash despite Nintendo forgot about the character, and there is a chance that fans will bring Geno in Smash too, so I just think that we should support the characters we like, not the ones we think "are more likely".

(also sorry for the off-topic, probably it's better to move the discussion in the general character speculation thread?)

Last edited:

Folt

Smash Ace
Sorry but I disagree with that.
Not only I think that Kirby is one of the franchises that still has the biggest amount of characters who are potential newcomers and are still not in Smash; I also think that Bandana Dee would not complete Kirby at all, and just because a majority of people want Bandana Dee in Smash, doens't mean that everyone does, I don't want him and he's possibly the only character that I really don't want in Smash.

You said yourself that you would prefer Magolor over every other Kirby character, so why this obsession over Bandana Dee if it's not the one you want, it's just in the way of Magolor getting in, if you are not interested in the character you shoudln't support him just because he's "the most likely".
Fans brought King K Rool in Smash despite Nintendo forgot about the character, and there is a chance that fans will bring Geno in Smash too, so I just think that we should support the characters we like, not the ones we think "are more likely".

(also sorry for the off-topic, probably it's better to move the discussion in the general character speculation thread?)
Bandana Dee is a bit more relevant than Magolor (being basically upgraded to regular cast member during the modern era alongside the timeless regular cast of the main trio for the Kirby series) and more importantly has more fans than any other Kirby character at the moment. That last bit especially is important in lieu of the Ridley and K.Rool confirmations. Due to that, I feel Bandana Dee is a very very strong contender over many Kirby characters, especially since a lot of the others have been important for one game before never making an appearance again (except in Star Allies due to the "everyone is here" feel of that game).

Also, for the record, I am not a supporter of Bandana Dee. But of all the Kirby characters in the series, he's the one with the highest chance of being playable for Smash, taking both relevance and fan support into account, and if Kirby only get's one rep (which I think is pretty likely), Bandana Dee will please the highest amount of Kirby fans.

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
Isaac: "I don't even know who he is" or "Ew, just another anime swordfighter"
Play the game, Jesus

Chumble Spuzz

Smash Rookie
"He's only a meme"
"He's just a Goomba with a hat"
Especially the hat Goomba one. Makes me LIVID

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
F Folt I'll reply in the speculation thread, because I'm interested in this discussion but I don't want to spam there.

Swaggy-G

Smash Apprentice
Xenoblade Chronicles X's player avatar (also dubbed the name "Cross" by the community for some reason) receives a lot of flak for not being the one to drive the main story. I don't think contributing to the the main story's cutscenes is all that important but oh well.
Why would you want Cross when we could have Elma instead? Genuine question.

ExitWound

Smash Journeyman
Bond. "He doesn't originate from a game!!" neither do popular requests like goku or naruto lol. "He's owned by rareware!!" while in the same breath demanding banjo kazooie lol. "He wouldn't fit!!" and snake does lol.

BonafideFella

Smash Journeyman
Bond. "He doesn't originate from a game!!" neither do popular requests like goku or naruto lol. "He's owned by rareware!!" while in the same breath demanding banjo kazooie lol. "He wouldn't fit!!" and snake does lol.
"He doesn't originate from a game!!" neither do popular requests like goku or naruto lol." - Anyone who requests an anime character is a troll, memer or someone who doesn't understand the basic fundamentals of Smash Brothers.
"He's owned by rareware!!" while in the same breath demanding banjo kazooie lol." - No, Bond is owned by a multimedia film franchise who happened to license out their IP to Rare to create a game.

Listen, I'd like 007 as much as the next guy, but there's no need to warp facts to state opinions.

ExitWound

Smash Journeyman
"He doesn't originate from a game!!" neither do popular requests like goku or naruto lol." - Anyone who requests an anime character is a troll, memer or someone who doesn't understand the basic fundamentals of Smash Brothers.
"He's owned by rareware!!" while in the same breath demanding banjo kazooie lol." - No, Bond is owned by a multimedia film franchise who happened to license out their IP to Rare to create a game.

Listen, I'd like 007 as much as the next guy, but there's no need to warp facts to state opinions.
I think goku is recognized enough to warrant demand even if he originates from anime. Even though like Bond he'll probably never get in. If we're getting technical Bond is owned by whoever currently owns the 007 novels because that's his actual origin. I like to pick out the castlevania version of Dracula appearing as an example because Dracula himself comes from a book. If they license the book character somehow they could create an original character design separate from the films. Rare would own anything that originates in the video game like weapons or stages. Nothing but a pipe dream though

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Isaac: "I don't even know who he is" or "Ew, just another anime swordfighter"
Play the game, Jesus
Don't bring Jesus into this.

Wait ... He is a son. And said to be good, which is light. Perhaps Jesus IS Golden Sun!?

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Skull Kid: "You don't want Skull Kid, you want Majora's Mask."

Like what kind of argument even is that? That's like saying people don't really want Bandana Dee, just his bandana. Who even imagines Skull Kid without the mask when they picture him in Smash? It shouldn't even need to be specified.
-
Banjo & Kazooie: "Nintendo wouldn't give Microsoft free advertising like that."

Let's conveniently ignore Smash Bros having the protagonist from the Final Fantasy game that marked Square's "see ya later Nintendo lol" departure to pair up with Sony. Not to mention that Nintendo and Microsoft are on better terms than they've ever been. Switch players and Xbox players can actually cross-play with each other on some games while Sony is too arrogant to bother with it.
-
Bomberman: "What would his moveset even be? An assist trophy was the only potential he had."

Tbh I'm not even sure if the people who use this "argument" aren't all just **** posting. I can't imagine so many people would just conveniently ignore like half the roster for the sake of letting others know how much they don't want Bomberman in Smash.
-
Geno: "He's an irrelevant one-off."

If enough people want a character then relevancy can go take a long walk off a short pier. K.Rool has demonstrated this and let's hope he's not the only character who will. Even Sakurai likes Geno and has toyed around with the idea of him being in Smash Bros. Plus Geno comes from Mario's first big RPG game, kicking off all the Mario RPGs that people love...well, unless it's the last few Paper Mario games lol.

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
Skull Kid: "You don't want Skull Kid, you want Majora's Mask."

Like what kind of argument even is that? That's like saying people don't really want Bandana Dee, just his bandana. Who even imagines Skull Kid without the mask when they picture him in Smash? It shouldn't even need to be specified.
Just the mask its self wouldn't even be interesting. Skull Kid brings as much appeal to Majora as much as Majora brings appeal to Skull Kid. Either without either is unnecessary. Like buying something that still has a missing add on.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
I think goku is recognized enough to warrant demand even if he originates from anime. Even though like Bond he'll probably never get in. If we're getting technical Bond is owned by whoever currently owns the 007 novels because that's his actual origin. I like to pick out the castlevania version of Dracula appearing as an example because Dracula himself comes from a book. If they license the book character somehow they could create an original character design separate from the films. Rare would own anything that originates in the video game like weapons or stages. Nothing but a pipe dream though
Dracula is public domain. You can do whatever you want with the character

Bond, both films and book, is the same character and continuity.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Before I head to the hospital for a visit, I have a good one and it's controversial.

Tsubasa Oribe - "It was a bad game that flopped" - Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE was not a bad game. It was well received by critics internationally and gained a cult following. Plus weren't Ike's games flops by Fire Emblem standards?

"Eeeww idol**** don't belong in Smash" Might as well cut Wii Fit Trainer since she's appeals to stay at home moms and a reminder of Nintendo's "dark casual age". And Tsubasa's design is original and fitting enough when the Smash cast is already diverse. A few idol songs in Smash won't kill you.

"I don't want to be reminded of a censored game" To tell you the truth, 80% of all series repped in Smash had censorship. Might as well cut most of the game at that point.

"We don't need more Fire Emblem reps" Tsubasa is not even a Fire Emblem character. It's treated as, in Bill's words, an original IP and Atlus has most of the rights to her and the other original characters. The only thing Fire Emblem about her is Caeda being her Mirage partner and her Carnage Form being a part of the Pegasus Class.

"But an SMT/Persona rep is more deserving" I agree with you in that case, but let's not use that as reason Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE doesn't deserve a shoutout n Smash because of your own personal bias. All MegaTen games are good in their own ways, even TMS.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
That's a good thread to bring back this:

I can see some XC2-hater argue with "Has a shonen hero-like attitude", since well... some naysayers I won't say who keep saying Rex is like Kirito from SAO, which not sure why lol. I cans some say Oh Sora is more iconic, we need more Square Enix character etc... still...

Also, Rex...
Is a Nintendo IP character, BOOM it's done, no debate over this, GAMEOVER.

And oh boy don't even try to mention "Pyra in Smash" in Nintenzone social thread, you will have some people gonna rail at this lol. Yes, some users in that thread legitly have grudge with Pyra... mostly because of her cloths... and only minor have complaints on her personality which is fine...

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
For Bomberman, it’s the assumption that having bombs as part of his move set, even though that’s in character, is somehow “uninteresting”.

That certainly didn’t stop Little Mac from being on the roster.
Bomberman has more than just bombs, though. He has the Bomber Gear from Bomberman Hero and the Charaboms from the GBC/GBA/GCN era (not to mention Pommy from B64TSA).

For Lloyd, I feel like some people don't want him in because he'll just be "another animu swordsman" and some feel like Heihachi would be the better second Namco rep.
I feel like Marta from Tales of Symphonia 2 would be better than Lloyd, since Marta can summon monsters.

Vaati: no longer relevant, you can say the same thing for almost every character people are asking for
Sadly, Vaati has lost relevance, considering that everyone is creaming themselves over Skull Kid... :(

Ah, yes, I remember when Falcon fought Black Shadow fist to fist outside of their ca- hey wait a minute
Um, actually, that did happen. It was in an anime, not a game, and it ended with a single Falcon Punch spiking Black Falcon into an exploding mega-reactor before Black Shadow could do much of anything, but it did happen.

Last edited:

TooBadWaluigiTime

Smash Apprentice
Um, actually, that did happen. It was in an anime, not a game, and it ended with a single Falcon Punch spiking Black Falcon into an exploding mega-reactor before Black Shadow could do much of anything, but it did happen.
I know that, but before Smash 64, a Falcon Punch was unheard of. As in, before the anime.

TappyBat

Smash Ace
“Isaac is irrelevant! No one wants outdated garbage that’s from a dead franchise haha!”

Gallerian

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, I just don't like uninformed reasonings like "Not relevant" or "too new"

I wasn't a fan of Chrom's inclusion because of the "over represented" excuse. But that was because of a series spanning so many games, three of them are from one game. However, he's simply an Echo, so I have legit no reason to complain about that, as clones have always been, and will always be, last-minute padding to a roster. Not to mention that almost every fighting game has clones, it's simply a fact of the industry that clones are here to stay. Not to mention that the ratio of clones to original fighters is actually very small when compared to other games like Street Fighter or Dragonball FighterZ. (Looking at you, 8 billion Gokus)

Irrelevancy is definitely not a valid argument these days. If it were, then K. Rool would never have been confirmed.

The only real thing about certain characters is when talking about the 3rd party companies, and only with 3rd Party. Then you can sort of use the relevancy argument, but that only goes so far. I can imagine that for a first time, the third party would obviously want their most iconic franchise in first and foremost. Hence why we got Cloud in before Geno, as Final Fantasy is the bank-maker over Super Mario RPG. After that, the relevancy argument shatters to a million pieces. But even then, it's a flimsy argument at best.

Top Bottom