• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is your favorite move with marth?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
14 year olds on the internet need to learn what the HELL BASIC GOD **** SARCASM IS.

Oh, and if you're older than 14, then you need to wise up.
Well, that certainly wasn't coming in loud and clear. Could u repeat it with CAPS LOCK BROKEN?
10realsarcasmsandurdoinitwrongs

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
14 year olds on the internet need to learn what the HELL BASIC GOD **** SARCASM IS.

SUSTAINED. I mean c'mon just compare post count to the content of a post to tell if it is sarcastic or not. Usually higher post count = higher chance of sarcasm. I know sarcasm fails on the net but seriously this is basic and obvious.

P.S. on a sarcastic note, i support taunt spam (tipper your side taunts!!!!!!!)

crazn137

Smash Journeyman

Omg you saw through my cover. But how?? I thought I was frame perfect D:

On topic: I'd have to say dtilt or nair. Dtilt's IASA frames make me smile, and nair is just sexy

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
SUSTAINED. I mean c'mon just compare post count to the content of a post to tell if it is sarcastic or not. Usually higher post count = higher chance of sarcasm. I know sarcasm fails on the net but seriously this is basic and obvious.

P.S. on a sarcastic note, i support taunt spam (tipper your side taunts!!!!!!!)
Someone get the video of MK's sideB going through Marth's sideB without Marth taking any damage, 'cuz we all know Marth's side taunt has metagame potential.

For sarcasm on the INTERNET: Make either extremely blatant, or add !!!1!!elevenone!!, or emoticon, otherwise:

Reason: For some of us who post in parts of the night. And it gets old to do "scrub traps", where they reply, because it makes the thread stretch to an embarassingly long amount of...
Shutting up.

SilverLanayru

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SilverLanayru
3DS FC
1977-0801-2134
Switch FC
SW-1383-4892-7702
My favorite move to use with Marth is the side-special called the Dancing Blade...there's like many ways of using this move. Second fave would be the Dolphin Slash.

TLMarth

Smash Ace
What about under 14's who are wise?
So yeah best move is probably dair, always spikes. Not meteor smash. No. No cooldown lag. Nope.

Odigo

Smash Apprentice
I'm starting to like ftilt and dtilt more and more.

Ftilt is great for approaching, spacing, and a general "get away from me" move as it can completely stop short hop approaches and people just running at you. Dtilt is great for jabbing at their shins and set ups, like dtilt -> DB. It helps put Marth in the advantage state and can get his momentum going. I still shff fair to dtilt every now and then too.

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
I'm starting to like ftilt and dtilt more and more.

Ftilt is great for approaching, spacing, and a general "get away from me" move as it can completely stop short hop approaches and people just running at you. Dtilt is great for jabbing at their shins and set ups, like dtilt -> DB. It helps put Marth in the advantage state and can get his momentum going. I still shff fair to dtilt every now and then too.
Thats what were talking about.

Gnace

Smash Rookie
Running of the stage and charge a shieldbreaker. If you hit it you automaticly won the match. Remember kids, stupid highrisk/lowreward moves are manly (even with a character like Marth)

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Your first fsmash misses? No problem. Try it three or four more times in a row until it hits. IT WORKS.
QFT. In Melee I am the only person I know that will grab THREE TIMES IN A ROW when people spot dodge. And it works!...sometimes <.<;;

Also, I've mastered the best way to approach Falco's lasers. I did it before to this one guy and he lost a stock due to it. He just sort of looked at me and was like "I have never seen that approach to lasers before" in complete shock.

Want to know what I did? I walked through the lasers from the other side of the stage and f-smashed him.

F-smash is king.

Supermog

Smash Rookie
First hit of Dancing Blade immediately followed by Dolphin. Get's 'em every time.

grandmaster192

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5457-3748
Why dont people like dtilt? <<
Great move, but it's a bit harder to use than his aerials, IMO.

I could see a defensive-ish Marth that walks a lot and has a good ground game being able to abuse this move, but it's a bit harder to pressure with constantly at a higher pace because you can't just DI it like his aerials. That's why I personaly prefer Fair and Nair, but mostly fair.

I do use the tilt, but not as well as I probablly could do.

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
Great move, but it's a bit harder to use than his aerials, IMO.

I could see a defensive-ish Marth that walks a lot and has a good ground game being able to abuse this move, but it's a bit harder to pressure with constantly at a higher pace because you can't just DI it like his aerials. That's why I personaly prefer Fair and Nair, but mostly fair.

I do use the tilt, but not as well as I probablly could do.
I abuse dtilt like its no tomorrow, Any Marth should, it can be offensive or defensive. Its sooo ******* good, lmao.

On the serious side, the closer you are to your opponent the better off you are when setting a dtilt trap. You dont want to tip the dtilt because it will be harder to follow up on your opponent. Not only that but if you are at tip range, and they decide to roll behind you, they will be able to punish you with a jab or grab if they have a gay roll like Lucario or Falco. I like walking into my shield and doing a dtilt, forcing a reaction, and punishing accordingly. Thats the basis of the game really and dtilt just does that.

I actually like dtilt more then fair or db. :)

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Dtilt. It's one of the reasons I picked up Marth as my secondary. I prefer Ike's fair to Marth's fair, but it's still very good. I'll just be missing that extra little bit of range for the first little while.

Top Bottom