• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is your favorite move with marth?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Press the C-Stick in the lateral direction toward your opponent.

Nic64

Smash Lord
while fsmash is pretty great and indeed worthy of being used *even more* than four times in a row, personally I like fully charged shield breakers, in fact it's 90% of my marth game.

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
while fsmash is pretty great and indeed worthy of being used *even more* than four times in a row, personally I like fully charged shield breakers, in fact it's 90% of my marth game.
ROFL

10rofls

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Counter, it's amazing.

If it whiffs, it's okay because there's 0-post-lag. If they hit most of the time the attack gets Countered back so you're safe. It has incredible range and it's only blindspot in hitbox is below Marth. If they wait it out, just roll away and wait to Counter again. Easily one of the safest moves in the game!

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
I like dash attack, it has amazing kill power and is unpunishable. Not to mention its super quick and tough to read.

Gwonam_guy

Smash Rookie
Dolphin slash

it's my ace-in-the-hole against my brother when he mains ike

that and his standard dash

Lethal

Doomblaze

Smash Journeyman
I cant belive not one of you mentioned marths MOST unpunishable move. D-taunt. It has absolutely no ending lag and it easily combos into F-taunt.
omgrofl, that was epic

its all been convered, i have nothing else to say

Except that up-throw to up-throw to up throw to up throw to up throw to up tilt to F-smash is beastly against fox 1v1 in FD

MRTW113

Smash Journeyman
I like dash attack, it has amazing kill power and is unpunishable. Not to mention its super quick and tough to read.
Uh...unpunishable?
DB>green sword pokes for me. So safe, fun, and damage racking.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I love Nair. It is so sexy and it outlasts airdodges and is amazing for gimping and has two hits and can kill. It has good range and is hard to punish if you DI away and fastfall it. Broken!

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Wait what Dash attack is your fav move Bengals? Im not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, and sorry if I made this misconception. Most people don't use dash attack.

Hmm idk what my favorite move is, I like a lot of them.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Umm... shield grab??

Dolphin slash

it's my ace-in-the-hole against my brother when he mains ike

that and his standard dash

Lethal
Actually off-stage I dancing blade stalled and Ike off-stage with two hits and dolphin slashes him for the kill, all in the air. Since I was rising during the B-side and he was too because of the hits, it worked perfectly. I suicided before he died but I was up a stock and he had 1 so I won the match.

Coda

Smash Cadet
Bengalz was... sarcastic.

But he is right. DA is incredibly hard to read. No one uses. No one expects any Marth users to use it.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
No he wasn't D:

Marth's DA is hands down the best move in the game. Outprioritizes Falco's lasers, safe on block, amazing kill potential. DA is what makes Marth mkaythx
Except for the fact this it is easily shieldgrabbed and the like if ever used predictably. Like most dash attacks in the game, unless if you used unexpectedly or where they cannot shield, its not very useful and since has little knockback, its even worse.

crazn137

Smash Journeyman
Except for the fact this it is easily shieldgrabbed and the like if ever used predictably. Like most dash attacks in the game, unless if you used unexpectedly or where they cannot shield, its not very useful and since has little knockback, its even worse.
No. If you hit their shield with the tip, there is too much stun for them to move. Its really useful. It breaks shields better than Shield Breaker imo. And it has AMAZING knockback. Like I said, DA makes a Marth. kthxkay

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
No he wasn't D:

Marth's DA is hands down the best move in the game. Outprioritizes Falco's lasers, safe on block, amazing kill potential. DA is what makes Marth mkaythx
You're joking, right? DA has been reduced a bit, you only want to use it if ur sure it will connect, and even then, there are better options.

My favorite marth move? The one that killed you, lol.

Edit: Ok, I'll admit I use the DA every once in awhile, but I prefer ftilt to it.

Top Bottom