• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

what is the fastest aerial for each char

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
There was a list for this, I just don't remember where...

Marth - Fair
Lucario - Fair/Dair (your choice)
MK - Uair

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
ROB's is his Fair.
Sonic's is his Fair.
Link's is his Nair (I think), or Bair.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I'd think Uair is faster than Dair, but w/e.

And what exactly are 'airels' and 'perposes'?

Sounds a lot like aerials and purposes, words I could spell since like the ****ing 4th grade.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Sonic's Fair: DI towards his back or towards the ground. The hitstun is low so a SH Fair can be sihelded if you DI to the ground in time.

Sonic's Uair: its 1 frame slower. If you get hit by the first hit on DI up and to the side. The second hit is narrow so you can avoid contact with the second it. Of course if this happens on the ground he'll hypen smash you because the first hit has constant knockback and hitstun.

Sonic's Nair: Same speed as Fair. DI up and away.

Marauder

Smash Journeyman
IIRC Ike's Dair is just as effective as his Bair.

Also, Link's fastest is indeed his Bair. It looks to be the same for Toon Link as well but I'm not sure.

xoxokev

Smash Lord
If this is for "surviving" purposes, you would want to look for the aerial that has the least ASAI (as soon as interrupted) frames. In other words, the aerial that can end the fastest. I remember Havokk was working on a list for this, but he may have discontinued working on it because of a dispute over the misuse of the term "DI".

Here's the link http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=217065

p.s. Havokk's thread was still on the first page, you should have at least used the search function ;)

bludhoundz

Smash Ace
But you want the aerial that ENDS the fastest...
I believe both the starting and ending of the aerial are important. I'm not sure which is more important.. but either way all of Snake's aerials take a long time to end.

Regardless, dair seems to work best for surviving for me.

xoxokev

Smash Lord
I believe both the starting and ending of the aerial are important. I'm not sure which is more important.. but either way all of Snake's aerials take a long time to end.

Regardless, dair seems to work best for surviving for me.
Well, you're right, in a way. My mistake, I forgot to mention... if you're being sent horizontally at a high %, the best way to survive is to use the aerial that ENDS the fastest, and then use your second jump. If you're are being sent vertically you would use the aerial that STARTS the fastest, and fast fall it.

EDIT: I'm not exactly sure about the last thing I said... I remember reading somewhere else that it doesn't even matter which aerial you do if you're being sent vertically, as long as you fast fall it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom