• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is pushing me.

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
Link to original post: [drupal=4531]What is pushing me.[/drupal]

Today, in just a few hours, I will be burying my sister, Kristie Nicole Diaz Martinez. She passed away Thursday August 11, 2011 around noon time from a bad seizure she'd been suffering her whole life. She was 21 years old, her birthday was July 3, 1990, she was mentally handicap, always smiled, and made everyone around her smile. I haven't told anyone, except for a select few, because it was hard for me to wrap my mind around the reality of not having my sister with me anymore.

But now that I come to except that she is in a better place now, I realize that life truly is too short to let small things get in the way. She was not able to express herself, she was not able to do the things that each of us are given the privilege to do. I see that I can no longer let small things in life bring me down, and that I can no longer allow myself to be stopped by the "I can't do it" mentality. She struggled her whole life, she was caged in her own body, no way of letting out her true emotions and feelings, and I cannot allow myself to be the same way. She helped me push myself to trying harder, I am just sad that it took her death to make me finally realize it.

She was a perfect sister, daughter, cousin, niece, and granddaughter, and she will be missed dearly.

I want to tell you all that I appreciate each and everyone of you, and that I truly love the group of friends that I have gained from this community. Thank you all for everything you've done, and thank you for reading this. Take care of your families and loved ones, and let them know that you care for them.

Thank you.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I'm truly sorry that you had suffer such a loss, it's a good reminder to appreciate everyone around you. I love you tofer and I'll be here if you need me.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I'm so sorry to hear this terrible tragic, may our blessings and condonences go to you, also be strong and don't break down, you still have a good life ahead to enjoy, don't let this break you completly.

:phone:

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sorry to hear that. :(
It's good that you're handling it well, though.
You and your family have my well wishes and good lucks with the funeral.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I'm sorry for your loss.

I too understand how frustrating it feels to watch them suffer while you're powerless to do nothing. I really hope some day medical advances are made so as to prevent these cases from happening.

Stay strong.

:093:

Flutter NiTE

Smash Lord
Tofer, I wish you the best of luck. I'm proud of you because you managed to stay so strong, for you, and your family.

<3utofer

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I'm sorry for your loss, my friend. If you ever need to talk to someone, I'm here.

Life is definitely far too short.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Geez, that's rough. Sorry to hear that.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
once again, all of my wishes go to you and your family. remember that we're all here for you in your time of need

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Dang Tofer, I wish you would have told me this last Saturday.

You're really strong, dude. I didn't even notice anything was slightly wrong at all.
This is really sad to hear, thankfully your sister is in a better place.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Wow man. I'm really sorry. It's really good to see you can take something like this and turn it into something positive. I really respect that.

You're a really nice person Tofer. I value our friendship.
If you need to talk to anyone, you know how to contact me.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
You have my condolences, tofer. We all love you too.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Tofer that post made me tear up.

So genuine and pretty damn inspiring.

Condolences to you and your family.

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
You are one strong man, I'm giving you props for this.

I don't know what I'd do if my sister was to disappear from my life, quite frankly. So I'm glad to see that you can take something positive out of this.

My condolences, lead a good life.

SethT

Smash Ace
My condolences and sympathy to you and your family.

Sending some Aussie love up to you bro.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
My prayers to you and your family.
I respect that you guys took care of her.
I've volunteered at mental homes, and seen people with this case.
But abandoned by their families who don't want to take care of them.
Locked in.
Abandoned.
Brings tears to my eyes, but I know God is watching over them.
When lifes like that, i would rather pass.

Again my prayers to you sir.
I can only imagine...

Top Bottom