• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What irritates you the most online in brawl?

The Cpu

Smash Rookie
What irritates me? Well not much... Here is the list -_-

1. Lag. No play. No fun :(
2. Spammers spamming the same AOE moves.]
3. The fact there is no automatic 1 vs 1 feature.
4. Those who wait around and steal my Ko's
5. Those who leave the wii running, not playing.
6. No stock option. Infact. No options :o
7. This isn't really a complaint. Just wanted to make seven :)

SothE700k

Smash Lord
That...lag...needs....to....BURN.
I've been costed so many stocks/points simply because the half second delay, before the character actually responds, had me sitting there for a free f-smash to my death.

BlackWolf020

Smash Rookie
theres 2 things that irritate the heck out of me, 1 this is on everyones list, and thats the LAAAAAAAAGG!!
and second, i hate it when after you ddominate with your main character, a noob on the side wants to play with that character thinking that because you win with them that they will to, its annoying.

GimmieCookie

Smash Cadet
First counted post :o

Anyways...

Yep you guessed it. OMGWTFLAWLLAG

I've also been tormented by a Link/Zelda team a few times on Basic Brawls. Anyone else, or do they just hate me? That being said, I also don't like people who team up like that on a non-team mode. =/

That about sums it up really.

Items? Dun care.
Epic Phail newb Ike/Pikachu/Whatever? Dun care.
Stage? Dun care.
Spammers? Dun care.
Voice Communication? Really don't care about this either, as I don't need to hear incessant whining from random kiddies up past their bedtimes.

Yoshima

Smash Cadet
The lag of course, but the thing that irratates me the most is when people leave the char sitting there and are clearly not playing anymore. That is really annoying.:mad:

GimmieCookie

Smash Cadet
The lag of course, but the thing that irratates me the most is when people leave the char sitting there and are clearly not playing anymore. That is really annoying.:mad:
Yea...
I tend to defend those afkers since some like to take them for free KOs. But if they do manage to push them off or w/e I'll let them, then toss a projectile at the afk guy effectively KSing XD.

The Bird

Smash Apprentice
LAG, I mean I'm not some pro who can ken combo and has spent hours learning instant kills and combos

I play for fun, seriously,
So I only got great timing, short jumps, and a few combos going for me and when there's lag and I do Falco Phantasm off the stage I am TICKED

Hizkit

Smash Apprentice
The fact that I can't verbally assault the Link that's not dashing and only forward smashing.

NOW

Smash Cadet
yes it is the lagg and since everyone in my family isnt at my level in the game i cant get bettter cuz lagg just screws u up :(

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
The lack of communication possibilities in the whole online game that :
1- makes you look like a total jerk every time you want to join/leave a friend match (just like kthxbye)
2- means if you stop playing with someone in the with anyone mode, you will NEVER see that person again. EVER.
3- you can't find someone to 1v1 if you don't have a computer next to your wii.

Commander Blizzard

Smash Apprentice
I hate lag becuase it slows down the matches. spammers are also high on the list as they use the same attack over and over and that just bugs me.

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
There are a few things that irritate me online

1.Lag (obviously)
2. Taunt ***s, Croutch ***s(people that just taunt and/or crouth the entire match)
3.Spammers
4. Taunt Parties

I can give one example of the most annoing thng EVER!
I was ROB and kicking *** as usuall online, then the three guys i was playing with left, so i waited and waited untill i got three more people, turns out they were all just dicken around and decided "Hey, lets team up on ROB!" So i had to fight off 3 Alliance ***'s and was loseing. I am good dont get me wrong, but the slight lag and 3 alliance ***'s were the reason why i was looseing. People that do that and other things in taunt parties simple bug the hell out of me, if you want to **** around online, find some friends and do it there! Dont waste my time online.

Meadow

Smash Apprentice
There are a few things that irritate me online

1.Lag (obviously)
2. Taunt ***s, Croutch ***s(people that just taunt and/or crouth the entire match)
3.Spammers
4. Taunt Parties

I can give one example of the most annoing thng EVER!
I was ROB and kicking *** as usuall online, then the three guys i was playing with left, so i waited and waited untill i got three more people, turns out they were all just dicken around and decided "Hey, lets team up on ROB!" So i had to fight off 3 Alliance ***'s and was loseing. I am good dont get me wrong, but the slight lag and 3 alliance ***'s were the reason why i was looseing. People that do that and other things in taunt parties simple bug the hell out of me, if you want to **** around online, find some friends and do it there! Dont waste my time online.
And why are you complaining on a forum...? It's not like everyone that's a taunter is going to read this and stop taunting. With Anyone is really horrible, it should be YOU who's finding some friends to play competitively with. The makeshift Friend Finder is there, and most, if not all, players there are looking for a real match.

darkdemon marth

Smash Rookie
i hate lags and when ppl double team u cause ur good or triple team and when u say brb they attack u and when they say brb with out a warning when ur jumping on there head or something they attack

Rambo Hayabusa

Smash Apprentice
:mad:People who aren't playin at all for hours when everyone else is tryin to have a fight.
:mad:Taunters who interfere in an other wise one on one match.
:mad:CPUs joining in an otherwise one on one matches.
:mad:Having someone enter into the match and then leavin while in the waiting room only to reset the clock and interrupt the expected one on one matches.:crying:

Basically I want to be able to get one on one sometimes when I might have a little rivalry with someone ****it :mad:

Tujex

Smash Ace
The lag. I always have a fairly good connection, but other people dont. And the fact that the game host changes between matches means I can go from a lagless match to one where we're barely moving.

FlashGamma

Smash Cadet
When someone win a laggy match, and claim to be so much better than you.
That is my problem with a friend of mine. I have terrible internets and somehow manages to lag me to death and KO me when I'm on standby. Then, he proceeds to brag about it all =/

Also, SuiciDeeDees, GannonCides and KamaKirbys are pretty frustrating too.

Dohhh!!!

Smash Rookie
Every time the Temple stage is chosen, I cringe. You can be playing one v. one, get the opponent to over 120% damage on your work alone, and some dumb **** comes over from the other side and gets a lucky Fsmash to get the KO. I've yet to come across any dumb*** taunters who DON'T interfere in a match.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
I can't stand the Annoying Lag...If it's a lil bit it's understandable but if an 8 minute takes 30 minutes it is so annoying and makes me wanna stop playing...and also it's annoying when I have so many people on my friends list but there are no one available to play...man that is so **** annoying....I CURSE YOU ALL!!!

Geist

Smash Master
The entire WiFi service as a whole is terrible. Just add a terrible lack of freedom, unbearable lag and a million people who fail at life. You now have brawl online.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
First let me just say I never really played any SB game before Brawl. Tried melee but my wife kicked my *** repeatedly. Hated the control scheme. Love the wii-mote. ne way

That said, I have really only been playing Online Basic Brawl. Been doing that everyday average of 4-10 hours a day since the game launched.

OK! So, here's what I've noticed, and what annoys me and also I guess I need some clarification/have some comments after reading the preceding 11 pages of posts.

1.) Can't customize Brawl settings: really! Ok, so when I choose to turn off items and eliminate half the stages, it accepts those changes, and indeed many of the brawls that come end up just as I specified, are you saying that my choices are not being allowed, that instead the "host" or whatever has seen my choices and is being kind enough to honor it for me???? In other words I've had plenty of no-items matches, etc so saying "no control at all" is an either an exaggeration or I'm missing something.

2.) The so-called Taunt Party. heh, ok, well yeah the first time I ran into that I had NO idea what was going on just thought they were all wacky, and I definitely got destroyed by any of the 3 others that I challenged. Now, tho, well honestly I'm not that interested in them, they're kinda lame. It's fun once maybe twice but being a daily online basic brawler, gosh it's so old. And now that I'm fairly skilled I think I will call myself the Taunt Party Crasher. In fact just last night I successfully ran some Taunters out of the brawl, and did it with Ike just for good measure.

3.) Charging up smashes especially with Ike so to get an easy knockout. Uh, this isn't really SPAM IMO. This is more, what brawl is about. When you're opponents are 0-20% or so you throw more tilts and jump attacks than smashes. When they're between 20 and 60% start with the charged smashes, the higher they are in dmg the longer they float, so therefore the longer you charge your smash, and you're even rewarded for it as when it hits it does that much more dmg, and with Ike, well obviously that = a KO. I don't find this annoying, I find it an essential part of a good brawl strategy.

4.) B-spamming. Ok ok, yeah, that's annoying. I remember a few months ago I had one person in the match do nothing but up-B, just picked random characters one after another and each match that's all they did. Ok, so it was lame. But in defense of Kirby who is my true Main, his d-B is especially effective towards the 80-100% time in a brawl, and in general I've noticed that B-moves work best during this phase in a match. So again, strategy, and rightly so if it's not abused. If it is, you shouldn't find it annoying. Consider it an easy victory, for someone doing nothing but B moves the whole match should by all rights be easy to KO.

5.) Lag. haha, yeah, I have to admit, at first I expected it to be super laggy. This is my first game I play online (that includes PC). And actually it wasn't laggy at all. It wasn't until some time later that the matches got more and more lag-prone. Research on the net has suggested it's due to all the hacked games out there. Nintendo can't do anything about it. Well, ok. I've been made to look like a jerk as someone said earlier. I dabbled with SSBBPlayers.com and fighting a Pit user who liked to close the distance w/B. Curse those arrows! Anyhoo, after about 10 seconds of that, the game was immediately dropped making me look like a quitter. Another same-day match against someone else, I was hounding them with grabs. I am a grabber, it's key in all fighting games, SB no exception. But sure enough after landing about 3 in a row, dropped. As if my Wii's been programmed to drop a match if any button mashing, excessive grabbing, etc = auto-drop. Possibly? Eh, I dunno, makes me sound paranoid, but if you play this thing as much as me you start to see patterns emerge, and this is definitely one of them.

6.) "hosts" ... if you've ever gotten as many disconnects as me, you've noticed that sometimes, it says "... or you've been REMOVED FROM THE FRIENDS PLAYER'S ROSTER..." huh? What roster? I didn't add any brawl codes. Oooohhhh, so. That's how online basic brawl works. You log in, someone hosts the match, by adding your BC to their player roster and you brawl. I'd have figured this was automated, but it can't be. There's too many coincidences going on. Fighting 3 people, and winning over an over, then they all suddenly dissappear, and are replaced by 3 sonics, who all mash on "you're too slow!" the whole match? I get this whenever I use a customer controller setup, with smash keys assigned. As if to say, that brawling with smash keys = you're not as skilled as someone who has default wii-mote setup which of course has no smash keys enabled. In fact, I can't even get a straight match w/o leaving my smash keys turned off. The moment I turn them on, I get nerfed by taunters who immediately start the brawl if nothing but smash key button mashing, usually a GD or Fox. So yeah, I have find it annoying that the brawl with anyone feature is setup in such a way that my "host" is able to see who I'm using before the brawl begins. (wait, what?) Yeah, seriously in a series of matches, I'll go and pick any number of characters, and each time, my 3 opponents are always somehow related. If I pick TL, then I get a zelda/gd/link combo. Then I change to Kirby, and boom MK and DDD show up. Change to rob, ha! 3 other robs show up. ???? C'mon now! Also without fail these days when I log in, it's always 2 oponents that seem to "know" each other, and then an open 4th slot that gets filled seemingly by another real user like myself. The two "in on it" will double it, do things like the zelda/link or marth/peach (god they're tough) fox/falco, etc etc. It is annoying when I think about it. Better to have 3 random people none associated with nintendo, or whoever it is that's running the NWC for brawl.

There's more but I think I've exceeded anyones patience with this long winded post.
</rant>

Top Bottom