• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What irritates you the most online in brawl?

Marufuji Ryo

Smash Apprentice
I too am sick of Hyrule Temple and Taunt parties, I come online looking for fight. =/

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
What is with all of these people playing With Anyone? I'm surprised people do that at all anymore...

DDM

Smash Journeyman
Not making a new topic for this because I figure it'll get flamed and locked...

Two things that happened this morning that irritate me:

1. Had a REALLY good session this morning with a Wolf main, Lucas main, and C. Falcon main. But what pissed me off is that when the Lucas player and I went into Sudden Death, he just SD'd instead of trying to beat me. Why, after spending 2 minutes beating on everyone, would you concede the match? Is it a sign of respect to the other player, or is it because they consider it a tie and they don't want to win that way? Makes no sense to me.

2. Another thing that pisses me off is people not doing anything at all. Just standing there and getting beaten on. Seriously, if you have to step away to do something, exit the group you're in. If you just want to watch a match, use Spectator Mode. And if you're just doing it to wreck other people's matches, then you're just as big of a loser as the taunt party tards.

And to answer the above question, some folks have friends who don't like video games and can't buy a match on here. As strange as it may seem, it is in fact OK to use Anyone Mode to brawl seriously with people.

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
Not making a new topic for this because I figure it'll get flamed and locked...

Two things that happened this morning that irritate me:

1. Had a REALLY good session this morning with a Wolf main, Lucas main, and C. Falcon main. But what pissed me off is that when the Lucas player and I went into Sudden Death, he just SD'd instead of trying to beat me. Why, after spending 2 minutes beating on everyone, would you concede the match? Is it a sign of respect to the other player, or is it because they consider it a tie and they don't want to win that way? Makes no sense to me.

2. Another thing that pisses me off is people not doing anything at all. Just standing there and getting beaten on. Seriously, if you have to step away to do something, exit the group you're in. If you just want to watch a match, use Spectator Mode. And if you're just doing it to wreck other people's matches, then you're just as big of a loser as the taunt party tards.

And to answer the above question, some folks have friends who don't like video games and can't buy a match on here. As strange as it may seem, it is in fact OK to use Anyone Mode to brawl seriously with people.
Maybe he didn't want to win that way. Maybe he believed that you performed better during the entire match, so you should have "won."

towelie892

Smash Cadet
On with anyone: I hate that they're timed matches only. I end up causing like 120% to one player and when I'm getting ready to KO him, someone who was just standing there for 90% of the match comes in and kills him. I lose just about every match despite causing the most damage, and it annoys me. Also, the insane amount of lag that makes timing of important things (e.g., spikes, chain grabbing, edge guarding) really hard. And the inability to friend someone you played online. Nintendo, I know you want to protect the children from hearing bad words or something, but don't limit the rest of us! At least give us the option to communicate and friend each other, and if little kids are going to play, the option to turn it off.

On with friends: I hate that there's no way to communicate with friends outside of Brawls (and even in Brawls, little preset phrases). Should I start the match? Should you? What rules do you want to play by? We friended the person, we obviously know them somehow. Why the heck can't we communicate? It usually ends up with us both thinking we have to create the match, then sitting there waiting for the other to join, then just ending it because nobody's joining and leaving.

I have come to accept the fact that at least for this generation, Nintendo's not going to improve. That doesn't mean I have to pretend to be happy about it though,

kuenzel

Smash Ace
how about waiting in the sandbag room for 5 minutes, being disconnected, and repeating until you finally give up and play a level 9? oh ya, and CPUs getyting added to my potential 1v1 match with some random n00b.

Umeki

Smash Rookie
What's irritating to me? those guys on team match-ups that do nothing but taunt then kill themselvs, or seconds before winning a match disconnecting.

shadyf0o

Smash Journeyman
The lag is SO terrible, it makes the game unplayable. This doesn't appear to be a common theme with Nintendo, as Mario Kart DS is fine online. This makes it even more frustrating, because a great series like Smash Bros. deserves a playable online service.

EDIT: Oh, and another thing that annoys me is that everybody wants to play as Ike. Why Ike? He isn't that great anyway.
qft

I hate how nintendo, despite the fact that this is the 21st century and games have had good online play since the last console generation, cant seem to get their crap together. NO ranking system, you can't play 1v1 with anyone but friends, with anyone games are lame, and even if all this weren't to change I could bare with it if you COULD PLAY ONE **** GAME WITHOUT LAG. It's ridiculous and if it doesn't change i've lost all hope in Nintendo, who can't seem to care about the fans for one second since they are too busy advertising wii sports to senior citizens and single moms.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I hate lag, and the fact that you can only play 2minute matches with anyone, and can't add them as friends.
When there is lag, I just move the control stick in different direction, and press different buttons, then sit and wait to see what happens.

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
The lack of a 1 vs 1 stock-match mode that disables stages that ruin 1 vs 1 matches and all items that are broken. The lack of that makes me real sad. :(

Pink_Yoshi

Smash Rookie
Ok, I hate the lag, like everyone else. I also hate that, after waiting 70 seconds, I'm excited to play 1 vs 1... BULL****! CP Players on Basic Brawl are useless, what was Sakurai thinking?

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Why do you people bother with Vs. Anyone when you're looking for real online matches? There's plenty of great sources for setting up good matches online.

SilverLanayru

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SilverLanayru
3DS FC
1977-0801-2134
Switch FC
SW-1383-4892-7702
The only thing that annoys me on wi-fi is spam. Lag comes second for me but I'm used to lag. Spammers in brawls really annoy me a lot. If someone spams me, then I'd go crazy and spam them back beastly-style -.-;; Although in the end, I still lose the match *sighs*

karthik_king

Smash Ace
Lag. On my screen a ganondorf moved across bridge of eldin before I even saw him move. And with anyone it should allow 2 people to play on the wii online at the same time. Next is spam. Then comes taunt parties. Its a free for all sonic taunt fest. I try to attack them they run away. Brawl online is terrible.

SSB4 Online Requirements
Less lag alot less
2 people online smash on vs anyone mode like me and my friend on my wii vs random people
1v1 stock
Free for All Stock
Team Stock
Online chat while not brawling(freinds definitly anyone maybe)
Ranking system
Super challenge system(challenge the best players)

Kage Me

Smash Ace
The comlete lack of anyone to play against ever.

...Oh, and the CPUs that show up for no reason when you have a 2- or 3-person match.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
lag.
i suck so bad online because of it.
and i wish we had microphones like xbox live haha.

streetracr77

Smash Journeyman
Well it's the lag mainly.
Also when I'm either about to recover or about to pull off some awesome combo and it lags on me and it screws me up >.<

Dusk104

Smash Rookie
Free for all = Lag, spammers, campers, LUCAS. (Well maybe 8% of Lucas players are tolerable)

Team = Ever notice how the AFK people are mostly on Team? When the afk person is on the opposite team, I just stand by them, and the stand-alone person still attacks me when I try to be fair. When my teammate kills the afk person I kill myself. Teammates who RUN AWAY and hide when their damage is high and leave me to get my butt handed to me. There's no -run away so I lose my life slower in order to survive- in team.

Oh, and on Mario Kart Wii, they have a thing that BOOTS afk people online.. what the heck Nintendo.. what about brawl??

Seriously, Nintendo is teh lazy.

DAGanmanert

Smash Apprentice
Most revolvs round the lagg..
Especially when like, you play horibble and lose to someone connstantly that u kno u really shouldnt
OR like someone said when ppl steal ur kills
and of course when the lower lvl playes beat u or win and think there amazing

Gwonam_guy

Smash Rookie
i fought these guys that did absolutely nothing for two minutes, and won when they reached sudden death because a stray bom-omb hits you

NNEARGHHHH!

makes you RAGE!

lag as well, but i don't seem to get it bad, maybe because no-one chooses the mega complicated stages to attempt to minimize lag

bobcat_29

Smash Rookie
i hate repetitive attacks like pikachus thunder or kirbys stone. and the n00bs who use them because they are strong

The 5th Horseman

Smash Ace
I HATE when people are getting there *** handed to them and they quit.... At least go out with dignity. (I say this because I like to save my matches but when people quit it ruins it for me....:laugh:)

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
I HATE losing to people i KNOW I can beat EASILY but I cant dodge at all, shield, or anything defensive or ever WOP because air attacks take so long to come out because of stupid LAG that no matter what you do to make it better it is always TERRIBLE

Top Bottom