• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What irritates you the most online in brawl?

Roihu

Smash Ace
I remember I brawled a guy playing Sonic and he was AFK for like 20 minutes, and then we played on Final Destination. An Ike kept killing him and he got a pity Final Smash after getting killed like 2-3 times. He got like 4 kills with that and then he actually played pretty good and killed me and another guy before the match ended.
I wish I'd have saved a replay of that. >_<

MRTW113

Smash Journeyman
When people choose a stage like Temple and camp. Dumb Sonic spammed until someone's damage was high, then got free kills.

TheREALShadowChaos

Smash Journeyman
There should be a function that makes the Wii of people who spam Meta Knights B explode.

That would be one noob less on Wifi everything that that happens.

Also, Wifi Random is time so only spamming B won't let you kill anyone and won't let you win.
I've seen noobs who would prefer to attack a 178%+ with B instead of Dsmash or Fsmash. -_-

Puddin

Smash Lord
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.........-------Can't pause and leave game.........LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAG

Especially when it's so bad I can't simply pause and leave.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
Spammers, disconnections and teammates that just stand idle and make the match 2 on 1, and you know they haven't left the controller to do something because they are always in the next match. So essential whoever is paired with them loses...
If you leave your controller alone you'll still go into the next match.

D

Deleted member

I never did quite comprehend how it can take 10 plus minutes to find someone on one of the most popular games in the world. So Nintendo, are you trying to tell me that there aren't 3 freaking people in the whole world that are on Smash Online?!! And when I finally find someone I find these Kirbys who spam the HIIII taunt the whole match! May I ask who these people are that are up at 4am to spam one button? Oh yeah and the Lag, I remember once in an online tourney this Ike was charging F-smash so I jumped up to key him with G&W and then the game stopped. So I put down the controller and expected the screen to say "Your connection to the other players was lost" but then the stupid game stopped lagging and the Ike ht me and I lost the tourney. And I wish the game had a challenge button or some form of communication, my taunts are "call me" "Get on Xbox Live" "quit, it's lagging" "I hate WFC"

AxemCA

Smash Rookie
I also hate it when people attack players who aren't there just so they can win. I mean do you want to win THAT badly that you'll attack someone who's inactive? There's not even a leaderboard.
I hate characters in general that are just inactive. Maybe if they have bad lag for a round I can understand, but playing five matches in a row and waiting forever cause someone just isn't there sucks.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Lag sucks, obviously. I dislike the lack of freedom in general in match types, unless your friends are online, you can only play 2 minute time fights.
Plus, I can't stand the friend code system. Nintendo is too worried that some-six-year old is gonna hear someone drop an f-bomb to create a good online experience. Xbox got it right with Live, you can talk and message others online, plan games and whatever. Solution to Nintendo's problem? Parental controls. The parents who care enough will turn off audio/personal messaging or whatever.

PCHU

Smash Lord
I like online, though it seriously could be better.
The idea of a customized message appearing every time you taunt is pretty awesome to me.
Also, it allows you to play against people without them coming to you or you going to them.

Only thing I hate is when somebody has a bad connection.
Or, if someone is a spammer.
I do not frown upon chaingrabbing, I actually encourage it.
It's not spamming, it's skill.
But spamming is one button over and over again.
NO SKILL INVOLVED.
It sucks with Pikachu and Kirby users, nobody EVER sees Thunder or the Hammer coming.

Also, I think the Hammer and Thunder are over powered.
Kirby shouldn't be able to swing a hammer that fast with that much force.
And thunder shouldn't kill you as early as it can.
They should've made it to where it did several hits, but didn't have much force.

Those are the only things I hate about online.

PD4FR

Smash Ace
Well, here's a list of the bad things about online.

1. With Anyone has to be time.:(
2. LAG!!!:mad:
3. Other people can put on items.
4. LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:
5. Other people pick annoying stages.
6. Noobs.:)

urdailywater

Smash Hero
I kind of find it irritating but funny to find Ike Fsmash / Usmash spammers.
Sure, maybe they can kill me one time in a match, but that doesn't make up for the three times I killed you amirite?

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
when ***gots that are better than me taunt with something like "weak..." every time i make a mistake.

i'm talking to YOU 180.ROGER

DeathNote

Smash Apprentice
when ***gots that are better than me taunt with something like "weak..." every time i make a mistake.

i'm talking to YOU 180.ROGER

Spot on...

Really do those kinds of people suck at so many things that they have to act arrogant in the one thing they are good at?

Arrogance that great in something as insignificant as a game is pitiful.

Royale

Smash Journeyman
^^^ that annoys me too, but you gotta be careful when you do that. You know you can obviously own them, but you should do it a very careful gently caress kind of way so that when its all said in done they'll get the message.

People who attack me and my taunt BUDDEHS while taunt spamming.
this most definately, when i get a buddy in basic brawl and some jack *** tries to **** with my buddies i will LAY DOWN THE LAW.

sometimes, i find, if you play really well people will team up with you! i played with 2 guys today and all we did was temple. Went through about 4-5 different aggro players in like 2 hours before i DC'ed.

I went through soo many characters in that time frame; ness, ike, kirby, mk, lucas, pkmn trainer, ganon, and lucario. And all my taunt buddies switched out alot too. They all did really well against the jack *** of the room.

PCHU

Smash Lord
Spot on...

Really do those kinds of people suck at so many things that they have to act arrogant in the one thing they are good at?

Arrogance that great in something as insignificant as a game is pitiful.
My friend says that my taunt made him feel bad.
Of course, almost everything I say makes him feel bad, and I don't even mean it that way.
He just takes stuff and sort of plays the 'sucky little kid' card.

One of my online taunts is "That isn't your BEST!".
What I meant by that was you can do better than that.
Everyone has potential, they just better hurry up and find it 'fore someone PWNs them.

homicidalrapist

Smash Apprentice
Spammers, lag, people that think they're leet for barely winning an online match but gets perfectly beat in a real match. actually i take it back, it's so satisfying afterwards to beat them down in a real match lol.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
EDIT: Oh, and another thing that annoys me is that everybody wants to play as Ike. Why Ike? He isn't that great anyway.
Because Ike players sit on the side of the stage, wait for another player to be knocked back into a charged foward smash, and there you go.

PD4FR

Smash Ace
noobs and lag is what i hate the most.
LOL at you just joining the site.:)

Because Ike players sit on the side of the stage, wait for another player to be knocked back into a charged foward smash, and there you go.
I have fought a lot of Ike's that play like that. I also fought a guy once who had never played the game before I'm pretty sure, because it looked like he was testing out the controls, LOL.;)

Royale

Smash Journeyman
If you guys are lagging, you might want to try resetting your internet connection before you go to sleep. It helps to refresh the line. Im mainly talking about DSL/Cable users here. I get lag and disconnects usually because my net line just needs to be refreshed. It can be diffcult to play online after you refresh it since its generally unstable.

If that doesnt work, disconnect from the wifi, then reconnect again. That also helps as well.

Another cool thing i noticed, is the different colored shields you can have in basic brawl. Depending on how the computer places you, red shield - first player, blue shield - second, yellow - third, green - fourth.

blu_7

Smash Rookie
for me, mostly the disconnects and occasional freeze-ups.

I also find it kind of annoying, when facing someone, the intentional flying off to kill themselves as if I'm wasting my time in the match(although the stats mostly turn in my favor ^_^).

PCHU

Smash Lord
Time matches, lag, and default colored Ike, Pit, Pikachu, Kirby, MK, and Snake.
I never noticed that.
You may be onto something.
I guess default is somewhat of a n00b-finder?

I play a green Ike, and it insults me when I see spammers.
It's like they play........FOR FUN!
But seriously, I work hard with my Ike to win, and my team mate falls for THEIR SPAM?!
NO!
Same goes with Pikachus, only I think Pikachus in general are spammy.
I haven't seen one chu that didn't suck or spam.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
lag? LAG!? LAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!

If there was minimal lag, I wouldn't complain too much. But the lag...IT'S OVER 9,000 BARREL ROLLS OF FAILURE!!!

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
I don't play FFA online, only teams. The things that annoy me most are people who run away and taunt the entire time, and either getting disconnected at least halfway through the match (after a long waiting room time), or seeing someone else give up, whether it be my partner or not.

Oh, and I don't like seeing P1: Practice Stage, P2: Practice Stage, P3: Practice Stage, P4: Selecting Character as the timer counts down FROM 70 TO 5! (at 5 it becomes selecting stage and at 1 it becomes Practice Stage). Seriously, it does NOT need to take that long, especially when the majority of the time is waiting for one person to select a stage :\ That just shows me that they're either not there or they don't care, and I don't want to play in either of those situations

PCHU

Smash Lord
I don't play FFA online, only teams. The things that annoy me most are people who run away and taunt the entire time, and either getting disconnected at least halfway through the match (after a long waiting room time), or seeing someone else give up, whether it be my partner or not.

Oh, and I don't like seeing P1: Practice Stage, P2: Practice Stage, P3: Practice Stage, P4: Selecting Character as the timer counts down FROM 70 TO 5! (at 5 it becomes selecting stage and at 1 it becomes Practice Stage). Seriously, it does NOT need to take that long, especially when the majority of the time is waiting for one person to select a stage :\ That just shows me that they're either not there or they don't care, and I don't want to play in either of those situations
I raised your hand (your sig).

This happens to me a lot.
I often get stuck with two good/ spammy opponents, and my ally is an idiot.
They REPETITIVELY fall for Ike's fsmash, Pikachu's thunder, and various other obvious things.

shadowtroop

Smash Ace
Another cool thing i noticed, is the different colored shields you can have in basic brawl. Depending on how the computer places you, red shield - first player, blue shield - second, yellow - third, green - fourth.
I use that to find out player slot numbers. If someone is a cpu, they will have a grey shield:), wait, that's not good:(...

also, NEVER EVER EVER EVER bring a wireless phone near your wii, i will kill the conection:(.

AAP

Smash Journeyman
Aside form all the obvious shortcomings in brawl like lag, lack of features, poor connections....etc

my pet peeve are all the arrogant little ****s who have ignorant/insulting comments in their taunts, like if i was playing right next to you would you really tell me to "suck it" or call me a "*****" between stocks. I hope not cause if that was the case i'm pretty sure i'd put my controller through someones face.

So to all you gutless little pr!cks with all the smart a$$ comments, just keep that in mind.

Top Bottom