• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What irritates you the most online in brawl?

Wavekirby

Smash Journeyman
If you have a good connection the lag isn't that bad (at least for me). The thing that gets me is lack of communication.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
I remember this time when this Toon Link Dair spammer tried the Dair me but missed and plunged to their death.
Good times...

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
What really gets me is the combination of lag + spam. I don't have the energy to deal with camping during a really laggy match. Too annoying. :-/

MarTh-

Smash Apprentice
Friend codes, no chat, lag, can't set up options, players who always choose FD, lag, smash ball in 4 player FFA w/ 2 mins gameplay time, Finding player... waiting 15 mins to connect, computer feeding points, 4 player FFA, lack of communication with others (no mic or text between matches), campers in a FFA, random disconnects, Ike, the spectator feature, the interface of online, there should be rooms you can join

RoxburyGuy58

Smash Journeyman
1. Little kids that spam.

2. Little kids that put all the items on "High".

3. The fact that we're limited to 2-minute matches.

4. FREAKIN' LAG!!!!!! :( :( :(

5. Little kids in general.

I think I speak for everybody when I list these...

Chibipit5

Smash Rookie
the lag
people who play as kirby an the only attack they do is the turn into a stone attack
& when my Wifi disconnects me

Pk_Starstorm11

Smash Cadet
Only 2 Minute Matches and the fact that theres no leaderboards :(

I also hate no communication, I don't like going online unless I play with my friends or family or someone I know is human otherwise I don't know if im playing againts a computer or not.

Vctrx

Smash Cadet
pretty much what was already said except for when your fighting and you know your fighting n00bs but can't pull a win because of it ): I call it the brawl effect.

Johnny_C

Smash Cadet
Noobs who only spam Ike's eather, or Worlf n00bs who die without even touching them (those are funny tough) The worst is the lag of course; The 2-minutes brawl becomes like 20 friggin minutes and is horrible!

PD4FR

Smash Ace
1. Little kids that spam.

2. Little kids that put all the items on "High".

3. The fact that we're limited to 2-minute matches.

4. FREAKIN' LAG!!!!!! :( :( :(

5. Little kids in general.

I think I speak for everybody when I list these...
Everybody except for the little kids.:)

Roihu

Smash Ace
Why not put items on high?
What, are you trying to be competitive on "With Anyone"?
...yeah....

DeathNote

Smash Apprentice
I realized what irritates me most about online Brawl. Contrary to my last post, the thing that really pisses me off about online Brawl is online Brawl itself. Really it is that awful. :(

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
campers
brawling with anyone
lag from brawling with anyone
kirby and snakes (online anyway)
i think thats it

Amide

Smash Lord
When there's lag obviously that's annoying. But what I find worse is when there's just a *tiny* bit of lag, enough lag so the winner thinks wow, I'm great! But actually, in a real brawl, I wouldn't walk into a fully charged ike fsmash.

TriforceMaster5282

Smash Apprentice
i REALLY hate fox's laser gun spamming, its just not a fair move they run around racking up damage, and its soo laggy u can t do anything about it, then they think they r better than you cuz then can spam shooting and then finish u off

Shred_kid

Smash Cadet
When there's just a tiny bit of lag, like 3 or 4 frames. It totally throws my game off and I SD about 10 times more than normal

xCrimson-Moonx

Smash Rookie
The LAG. It literally kills you online in brawl. It throws off my timing and I die much more than I should...
It also makes Lucas and Ness's recovery are pretty much useless...
Oh and also those people who use Ike just to camp and charge smashes so they can steal your kills. Yeah, I myself am an Ike user, but i never use him in matches other than 1vs1 online. If I do... it's most likely that I found a taunt buddy to fool around with. :p

rexinator

Smash Apprentice
When people play as Game and Watch and do nothing but the standard A so it looks like they're jacking-off the whole time.

Rh1thmz

Smash Journeyman
The fact that fast characters like G&W and MK are virutally impossible to play effectively online. Also, online throws off the timing of Falco's SHL game, and all of the lag promotes the use of campy characters like Link (I've definitely played Links who were better than I am, but I lose more than I should be losing). Oh, and the fact that the lag makes Ike a lot harder to punish, making him insane online.

Why can't WiFi be like Xbox Live, where everyone is required to have a wired connection? Anything that would make the lag nonexistant would be wonderful.

TehDuke

Smash Rookie
I hate when Lag keeps spamming his Final Smash, the Lagmaster, and keeps making it so that I move in slow motion... or not at all, in some cases.

And his taunt where he makes you lose your connection is pretty annoying... Not to mention its residual effect of making you wait five minutes+ for your next match which not not even come up in the first place.

Lag is so broken.

The 5th Horseman

Smash Ace
Lag, when people are away from there controllers and never come back to the game, when people spam there taunt when they suck balls in the 1st place. Online play is just a pain in itself. 1/1000000 are the odds of a good match online... :laugh:

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
The fact that I can read what people can do but the lag messes up my punishes and they win. I tell them that jokingly, and then they start yelling OMFG NO JOHNS I ***** YOU DONT MAKE EXCUSES. >_<.

Top Bottom