• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Game Should I Get?

Sensai

Smash Master
Elebits allows you to create things.

It was a launch game...you could probably find it for dirt cheap now.

Galahad

Smash Rookie
Buy Fire Emblem Games. Roms If You Cant Afford Or Want To Play Old Japanese Ones, Rawr

Sensai

Smash Master
@ kid x: No, for the DS. I think it's called Shadow Dragon...it's a remake of the first one.

And I'm interested in the Elebits for DS game. I'll definitely take a gander, thanks for reminding me.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I liked Shadow the Hedgehog a lot. As shooters go, it was the fastest gameplay for the genre I've seen.

Are there any shooters with that "Sonic the Hedgehog" speed, except not as bad as "Shadow the Hedgehog?"

darkserenade

Smash Ace
I liked Shadow the Hedgehog a lot. As shooters go, it was the fastest gameplay for the genre I've seen.

Are there any shooters with that "Sonic the Hedgehog" speed, except not as bad as "Shadow the Hedgehog?"
Not any big-time titles as far as I know.

The problem might lie in the fact that the game wasn't considered shooter. Just adventure(/action?).

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974

Mirror's Edge is an extremely fast-paced 1st-person Action/Adventure (technically, although I'd truly call it a platformer), actually sort of similar to Shadow the Hedgehog in a way (although, in my opinion, a LOT better). You could go through the entire game without shooting an enemy once, but you could pick up a gun at every step of the way. You don't get ammo for the guns, but you basically pick up guns from enemies and automatically drop them when they run out of ammo.

The game doesn't focus on the shooting aspect -- in fact, far from it, as there's an achievement/trophy for beating it without shooting any enemies, but it's really your choice if you want to use guns or not. I quite enjoyed the game myself, and I wasn't really a fan of the shooting aspect. I personally highly recommend the game.

darkserenade

Smash Ace
I have to agree, the shooting aspect is very small.

But regardless, I missed a very kick-*** game and I apoligize.

Fuggles

Smash Cadet
I made a thread about this but it got locked and I didnt see this one, sorry =(

Anyway, Fable 2 or Oblivion? I definately want one of these 2 but i cant decide which one. I heard theyre both good for open world quest hunting, but I want the one that will last me longer, has the most diverse world (some mountains and rivers and caves instead of 10 miles of grasslands, etc), the most character customization (class, weapon spec, good/evil, etc) and the most emphasis on combat. I can do without some of these if I must if it contains most of them.

rhan

Smash Hero
^^^^^

This man is correct. I seen it in person being played. It's amazing. I would play it but I'm too noob for that game.

Also people should get Resident Evil 5 March 13th! Not matter if you played the other RE games it's too much fun to pass up. Co-op play is amazing!

rhan

Smash Hero
They're not Zombies in either 4 or 5.

They're just people that are infected with this sort of parasite. People usually gets that mixed up when they aren't a Resident Evil nerd like me. :D

If you can play any kind of game that has monsters in it you can most definitely play RE5.

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
Should I get Sims 3 or Guild Wars?

The Sims games are awesome, but I don't know if I should wait till the price drops or something.

Guild Wars... Another user keeps bothering me to get it *coughlionheartcough*....

cornxnuts

Smash Apprentice
SUNY Binghamton / Suffolk County, New York
I wanna get a good shooter for the wii, preferably something to use wiiware. I'm prepared to get a lightgun or two. (Must be a multiplayer game)

From what i've heard Resident Evil 5 won't be for wii T_T! So im considering either RE4, Umbrella Chronicles, or one of the "house of the dead's". If someone has some advice let me know. Otherwise its resident evil 4.

Also....
Metroid Prime 3 vs Super Paper Mario. Which one?!?!

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Also....
Super Paper Mario is the only one I've played, and I really enjoyed it, so I'd recommend that.

However, it is different than previous Paper Mario titles, so if you are used to the old games, you may not appreciate it as much, but if you are new to the series, like me, then you will enjoy it.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Metroid Prime 3 for sure. SPM was a very lacking game. It replaced one of the few good turn-based battle systems with a shallow 'jump on enemies!' system. While jumping on enemies may be more Mario, and the game was definately trying to emulate the classic games (You even level up by getting certain amounts of points!) it doesn't mean that it was done well -- the game would've been much better off sticking to the turn-based system. That and the SPM story sucks.

So, SPM is a mediocre game and Metroid Prime 3 is a fantastic game that you should already own. MP3 has awesome controls, story, gameplay, and the difficulty level is pretty nice. I'm surprised you don't already have the game, honestly.

Frown

poekmon
I wanna get a good shooter for the wii, preferably something to use wiiware. I'm prepared to get a lightgun or two. (Must be a multiplayer game)

From what i've heard Resident Evil 5 won't be for wii T_T! So im considering either RE4, Umbrella Chronicles, or one of the "house of the dead's". If someone has some advice let me know. Otherwise its resident evil 4.

Also....
If you want to buy something on Wii Ware: World of Goo
If you want a good shooter: Resident Evil 4
If you want to use the Wii Zapper: NOT Resident Evil 4. Get The Umbrella Chronicles instead. I tried playing RE4 with the zapper and it just didn't work.

Overall, RE4 is a better game. You lack the freedom to move in UC, and it's extremely linear.

Metroid Prime 3 is REALLY good. You can play it forever, since you'll never beat Hyper Mode. =D

cornxnuts

Smash Apprentice
SUNY Binghamton / Suffolk County, New York
I didnt know Super Paper Mario wasn't turn based. Screw that then.

And I don't intend to use the zapper, but just a normal light gun that doesn't require the nunchuk to stick to it. (or possibly none at all) from what I've heard, RE4 > RE:UC.
Resident evil 5.....*sigh*

UncleSam

Smash Master
If you want to buy something on Wii Ware: World of Goo
If you want a good shooter: Resident Evil 4
If you want to use the Wii Zapper: NOT Resident Evil 4. Get The Umbrella Chronicles instead. I tried playing RE4 with the zapper and it just didn't work.

Overall, RE4 is a better game. You lack the freedom to move in UC, and it's extremely linear.

Metroid Prime 3 is REALLY good. You can play it forever, since you'll never beat Hyper Mode. =D
Hyper Mode isn't that hard...
Any ideas for a game to occupy myself until the DSi comes out?

Top Bottom