• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Game Should I Get?

Osco316

Mic_128
BRoomer
A crummy world of plot holes and spelling errors
As the link in the Official Game Threads List is broken and I can't find the original topic through searching or going back some pages, I'm making this new topic. If you have any problem deciding between a number of games, you post your question in here and someone (or some people) will answer you. This is not a place to post "Get this game" if no one has asked about it. I may add new rules if things get out of hand, but I don't see that happening.

mybi0hazard

Smash Cadet
Since my thread was closed....

I currently have Gamecube and Playstation 2.

I'm in search for a new game, it doesn't have to be from those genres, but I do want to have a lot of play hours out of this new game. Right now i'm leaning towards one of these.

Fire Emblem: PoR
God of War
Kingdom Hearts 2

A few games I love....

Resident Evil 4
Star Ocean: Till the end of Time
Earthbound
Kingdom Hearts
Prince of Persia

Any suggestions?

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Get God of War.

It's a great, short game that is really fun. Plus you'll be hyped for the sequel. KH2 is really good though as well. Depends what type of action you want.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
bi0hazard, if you liked the first Kingdom Hearts, you'll LOVE the sequel. Kingdom Hearts II is amazing. The combat has been beefed up significantly. I found the combat in KH to be boring, but with the addition of Drives and Limits, KHII's combat is significantly better.

Although like Eric said, God of War is also a great game. AND, since it's on the Greatest Hits list, it's only $20. You can't go wrong with God of War for $20.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
For PS2 you can also get the new Rampage for $20. It also features the NES Rampage as well as Rampage World Tour. So you get 3 fun and entertaining games for $20, which isn't too bad. Though it's not like the other games you mentioned, it's a fun, quick type game.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I'm not really sure I understand this topic. He said don't post about games no one asked about but mods are doing it. I'll just take this chance to encourage you all to get Skies of Arcadia Legends for GC while you can. It is one of my favorite games and definately the best RPG I've ever played. Just get through the first three levels. Those were terrible, but the rest is good.

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
commonyoshi said:
I'm not really sure I understand this topic. He said don't post about games no one asked about but mods are doing it. I'll just take this chance to encourage you all to get Skies of Arcadia Legends for GC while you can. It is one of my favorite games and definately the best RPG I've ever played. Just get through the first three levels. Those were terrible, but the rest is good.
They are talking to mybi0hazard.

Shazz

Smash Journeyman
I'm searching for a game worthy of buying for the XBOX 360, other than Oblivion of course, because as of now I only have Oblivion :(.

I like alot of different genres, but if anyone has played anything particular that they'd like to recommend, that would be awesome.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
ALL you need is Oblivion. No go play and apologize for betraying him.

Shazz

Smash Journeyman
Crimson King said:
ALL you need is Oblivion. No go play and apologize for betraying him.

I'm sorry :( I will close another 50 Oblivion gates to make up for my treason, mr Orange.

Nah but seriously.. Has anyone tried Fifa 2006 for instance? Is it worth buying or is it just the same as 05 ?

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Have you checked out Xbox Live Arcade? Geometry Wars Retro Evolved is pure madness. Seriously, if you can, grab it. It's only 400 points ($5) and by far the best XBLA game. You could also pick up Rockstar Presents Table Tennis, which is coming out tomorrow and is only $40.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
New Mario Bros. looks to be the most amazing. But I am biased as I never liked FPSes on consoles of any type. Thankfully Halo broke me on that a bit though.

EvilEvincar

Smash Journeyman
New Mario Bros. seem to be getting better reviews. However, as the Weekly Geek podcast said on one post, it just panders to nostalgia. It isn't as much of a sequel as a homage to the original. If you like old school games, go with NMB.
Metroid Prime Hunters is great, although flawed (example: only variations of three bosses). Mostly, if you don't have either friends with DS's or can't go online, it isn't worth it.

Meta-Knight

Smash Journeyman
Well all I can suggest, is that if any of you have Game Boy Advance, you should get Metroid Zero Mission. It's a remake of the original Metroid and ten times funner in my opinion. Plus the music makes it more fun and it's graphics are nice, too.

entity

Smash Apprentice
Get Half Life 2 for PC. It seriously pwz.

Gordon Freeman(main character in HL2)= Super Badass

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
If you have Steam, an internet connection, and a credit card number you should check out Half Life 2: Episode 1. It's the expansion to HL2 that tells of what happens to Gordon and Alyx. Pretty cool and only $19.95.

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
Mic_Fox said:
Metroid Prime Hunters or New Mario Bros?
Strangely, those were the two games I bought alongside my DS Lite yesterday. Of the two, I would recommend New Super Mario Bros. MP: Hunters is good/fun but NSMB is outstanding.

The next one I'll probably get will be Mariokart.

NAZN TYR

Smash Journeyman
i just bought the ds lite, and i'm wondering if anyone has suggestions to what games to get. i bought viewtiful joe and big brain, what else is good?

-Zangetsu-

BRoomer
BRoomer
NAZN TYR said:
i just bought the ds lite, and i'm wondering if anyone has suggestions to what games to get. i bought viewtiful joe and big brain, what else is good?

Good games for the DS, (In my view) You should have got brain age, New SMB, Wario Ware, ANIMAL CROSSING, and Bleach DS: Souten ni Kakeru Unmei, Mario Kart is fine as well.

bball2012

BRoomer
BRoomer
The hot hot games on DS are:

Mario Kart
New Super Mario Bros.
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
Advance Wars: Dual Strike
Meteos

Probably in that order. You may also enjoy:

Sonic Rush
Animal Crossing: Wild World
Kirby Canvas Curse

Three DS games I have that I got bored with pretty quickly are Trauma Center, Mario and Luigi 2, and Mario 64 DS. I'd only suggest these if you get them cheap/used. Actually, you probably don't want Mario 64 at all unless you have no access to the original anymore. Controls suck balls.

Anyway, I myself am looking for some good cheap Cube games. I already own or have owned pretty much all the high profile stuff. Mainly I've been looking at Mega Man Anniversary Collection, Pikmin 2, Tales of Symphonia, and Baten Kaitos. Anyone got an opinion on these, or any other lower-tier GC stuff?

pifactor

Smash Rookie
Puyo pop fever is a must have for DS. One of the best in the series in my opinion.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
bball2012 said:
Anyway, I myself am looking for some good cheap Cube games. I already own or have owned pretty much all the high profile stuff. Mainly I've been looking at Mega Man Anniversary Collection, Pikmin 2, Tales of Symphonia, and Baten Kaitos. Anyone got an opinion on these, or any other lower-tier GC stuff?
Hmmm....that's hard but out of all of those I suggest you get Tale of Symphonia. Baten Kaitos is a good game but it gets boring near the end, but it was definetly underrated. Pikmin is WAY too short, and Megaman is WAY too impossible(X series anyway) so I'd skip those.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Hey guys i'm looking for a very good PS2 game, aside from GT3 or 4, Tekken 5, and any FF games. Got any ideas?

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
MGS3, God of War, Resident Evil 4, SOCOM, Dragon Quest 8 and Madden if you like that sort of stuff.

If you're looking for a great RPG(and are waiting for FF12) I suggest you pick up Dragon Quest 8:Journey of the Cursed King. A long RPG that's challenging, the art is done by Akira Toriyama(the man who drew DBZ), the music fits the mood perfectly, and the combat and leveling system are great. The environment you run around in is HUGE, even rivaling Oblivion's environment.(that's right, the huge RPG on the 360)

The only problem I think anyone would have with this game is that sometimes you'll find yourself trying to level up for hours to earn gold for weapons, and so you can move unto the next area. It's worth it though, it's satisfying when you characters level up though. Easily one of the best RPGs on the PS2. Also, the game isn't as serious as FF, but that's one of the things that make it fun to play. People who like RPGS like Earthbound, SMRPG will like this, and so will the people who play FF, and Chrono Trigger.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Marshigio said:
MGS3, God of War, Resident Evil 4, SOCOM, Dragon Quest 8 and Madden if you like that sort of stuff.

MGS3 is the best out of all of those though.
Already have God of War, it's like the Ninja Gaiden of PS2:-p. Anyway, i'd rather have basketball over football. Which Madden, the latest one?

Thanks

Meta-Knight

Smash Journeyman
Out of all the Pokemon RPGs for Game Boy Advance like Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, etc., which one is the best and which should I get? I was mainly interested in Sapphire.

Smash Lord
I'm looking for a new GCN game so i need suggestions on what to get. :(

Note: I own:

Resident Evil 4
Prince of Persia (not interested in the others)
Soul Calibur 2 (not interested in 3)
Geist *sigh*

and i don't want to get:

Hitmans
Metal Gears
Metroids
Narutos *shudders*

So anything else i want to look into. I need a new gaming experience. Help :(

Meta-Knight

Smash Journeyman
8000 said:
I'm looking for a new GCN game so i need suggestions on what to get. :(

Note: I own:

Resident Evil 4
Prince of Persia (not interested in the others)
Soul Calibur 2 (not interested in 3)
Geist *sigh*

and i don't want to get:

Hitmans
Metal Gears
Metroids
Narutos *shudders*

So anything else i want to look into. I need a new gaming experience. Help :(
Uhhh...are you into Mario? Mario Kart: Double Dash is a good suggestion in my opinion. And of course, there is Super Smash Bros. Melee.

But does anyone think they can answer my question above?

Top Bottom