• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do YOU do between stocks?

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
I know we aren't all CPUs and only taunt . So, what skills do you show off while your opponent is forced to watch?

otg

Smash Master
Depends on who I am, what stage we're on, and and who I'm fighting. Most of the time wavelanding around platforms is fun, but if you're on FD vs. Spacies or someone else with a spamable projectile you might want to chill on the edge and abuse those invincibility frames while there's wears off. W/ Doc SHBAWL is fun to just off with... kinda hard to use in battle consistently though.

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
Fox/Falco - taunt, then waveshine in place as fast as I can (sometimes with fox I try to shdl, which I can only do 10% of the time at the moment. And I don't even play fox...)

Sheik- Charge Needles, taunt and use random smash attacks if I have them charged

Marth- If I'm near an edge, I'll wavedash back off of it, ledgehop an aerial back on, L cancel it, then wavedash back as fast as I can. Otherwise I just wavedash back and forth as fast as I can with random shffling thrown in. Sometimes, I'll run at the edge, then taunt just as I reach the edge, so that hitting the edge stops my momentum and I'm sitting at the very edge.

Peach- Taunt, then FC nairs as fast as I can. Sometimes I keep pulling turnips and throwing them off in hopes of a stitchface.

Captain falcon- Taunt > falcon punch > dashdance

Ice climbers - Wavedash like mad

Jigglypuff - If the language is set to Japanese, I'll make her say "purin" as much as I can by spamming moves, grabbing the edge, etc. Otherwise I just dashdance with wavedashes thrown in at random times. Sometimes I taunt/sing for the annoyance factor.

Pikachu- taunt as much as I can... pikachu's taunt = annoying..... annoying your opponent = mindgame

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Captain Falcon: Moonwalk across stage

Kirby: Moonwalk to Ledge. Or Kirby Dance. Or Taunt alot. Kirby's taunt is top tier.

Falco: SHL randomly for no reason

Pichu: SLOW WALK FTW

Spamus: Play around at the ledge with her tether

Big_R

Smash Champion
i do the pc edge hog on stages with no plats

with stages with plats i will waveland and try to move around all smooth like. with fox and falco i waveshineland or w/e u wanna call it on plats. with falcon i also like to edge cancel up airs and do other moves.

oh ya with falco i also wd backwards off the stage and rejump bair to phantasm edhehog

~rh

Smash Lord
I play Marth

Dashdance into forward wd into back wd, and then shffl a few nairs. Then finish off with a nice clean dd utnil they respawn.

Egret

Smash Journeyman
Link: put bombs on the stage, pick them up and throw them off.

Falco: shl, alternating directions and shining before every jump.

CFalcon: sh backward while C-sticking U-airs (looks cool)

Samus: charge shot then swd

Pichu:
do both taunts

Grunt

Smash Master
With Pichu you have to do the facing right taunt and pause and zoom in on It's face, and go:
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWW, LOOK AT IT!" :pichu:

Öni

Smash Cadet
Fox: Turnaround Waveshine 2 SHDL
Jiggs: Taunt (I love it ^^)
Bowser: Edgecancels, anything with Up-B

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
fox-i randomly rambo nairs and shdls back and forth
falcon-taunt spam ala mach dash, falcon punch, or spam shffl'd dairs and maybe nairs
marth-starts practicing my SHDF's
bowser-starts dashdancing saying "biiiileeeen" (ie "the car")
peach-slam c-stick down and giggle

battousai555

Smash Ace
Charge a projectile if possible, wipe my hands/control stick on my pants to remove any possible sweat. Do my Calc. hw and write an essay or two, go run some errands...

Smash Master
With Falco, I pillar. With Fox, I double shine. With Marth, I move his maximum walking speed so he puts his hands on his hips as he's moving. Hilarious.

UnF-air

Smash Cadet
CHARGE NEEEEEEEDLES!!!!!! ahhh now that thats out of the way

if I'm marth I like wave my controller around like a sword and speak in broken japanese

if I'm peach I usually look for ping radishes and then taught and wonder where she hides them (teeheehee)

or maybe if I'm feeling real cocky I'll bow and say "hokay" in a really high childish voice

Rend

Smash Cadet
Fox: Wavedash... thats about it.
Falcon: Falcon kick off the edge, and die half the time.
Marth: Taunt, because its so gay, and it annoys people.. including me. xD

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Dashdance, wavedash, and shffl around or if I'm using Falcon I'll throw a Paunch or two if I have the time.

But if it's a heated match I usually see if I can put myself in a better position somehow or edgehop until their invincibility is gone. Sometimes I find that edgehopping can be risky against the wrong person, so I might just find a more opportune spot to stand in and get ready to evade.

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
With Falco, I pillar. With Fox, I double shine. With Marth, I move his maximum walking speed so he puts his hands on his hips as he's moving. Hilarious.
*Goes and checks it out* LOL!

Fox- If I just landed a shinespike: grab edge, drop, JC shine, regrab, repeat
Otherwise I just WD to the other side. Working on shuffled Nair-->shine repeats!

Overload

Smash Lord
I either taunt as many times as I can before he respawns, or I hang on the edge and try to set up for a quick kill. Perhaps jumping up and doing bair to spike, or a number of any other .

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Fox: shffl'd aerials into shines, shdl, or JC shines. Whatever comes to mind.

Falcon: moonwalk across the stage into a taunt.

Pichu: Taunt. Anything else will hurt you.

[noparse]:D[/noparse]

Rejjae

Smash Apprentice
I just dashdance, since it still looks slightly cool while taking minimal effort so I can focus on making a strategy to get the next stock off as efficiently as possible to maintain my lead/make a comeback

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
I walk over to the edge and then...

taunt with Kirby as many times possible!

Sometimes I do a Ground Hammer, though.

Marios My Bro

Smash Apprentice
Lol i just taunt when they have to watch. Its not even worth the risk for me to taunt while my enemy can attack me

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
sheik: needle charge and then upB stall the invincibility out or light shield on platform depending on the character.

marth: wd fast fall to edge grab and then stall, sometimes ledgehop waveland ff back onto ledge, sometimes ledgehopped neutral b edge regrab (no up+b).

fox: shdl rshdl and then edge stall or light shield.

kirby: taunt.

ness: djced aerials as fast as possible.

Smash Journeyman
Marth and Roy: Neutral B when my opponent spawns.

Ganon: Utilt while facing my opponent or Warlock Punch.

Falcon: Falcon Punch.

Pichu and Pikachu: Utilt while facing to the left when my opponent spawns.

Luigi: DownB.

Mewtwo: Shadowball charge, if my opponent is dying, disable and DJC nair spam.

Jigglypuff: UpB.

Shiek: Needle charge.

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
There are a few things I do between stocks:

1. Wavedash around the stage
2. Taunt
3. Short-Hop Laser like mad.

Falco (MOP)

Smash Journeyman
Falco: Multishine / shffl dair in place, and get opposite where my opponent is spawning.

Sheik: Jump needle cancles / teleport in place

Jigglypuff: (friends HATE it) I taunt and pause it and zoom in right as she turns around and winks. ;)

I was always too show offy, it usually comes to my downfall, I usually mess up XD

--The MOP

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Oh! I totally forgot. Screw all the fancy shffl's and lasers. I just shield toggle, like a champion.

Requiem

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Oh! I totally forgot. Screw all the fancy shffl's and lasers. I just shield toggle, like a champion.
I just watched all the Luke VS eddie matches I could find on youtube, so doing anything like a champion....gives you an instant win.

I usually suicide during stocks.

No joke :[

Red the Ghost

Smash Ace
With Marth, I just repeatedly dash forward -> wavedash backwards
With Falcon, I just taunt or shffl knees
With Doc, I either spam pills or do the same thing with Marth. His taunt is cool, too. :p

Top Bottom