• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What com. level can you beat [thread].

bmullins123

Smash Journeyman
This thread is about how high of computer levels you can beat and think of how high they should of bean in brawl.

I can beat levels 8 for sure but sometimes I can also beat level 9.

I think the computer level should of had it at level 12.

dino_gonzalez

Smash Apprentice
I think up to 20 ^_^

it should scientifically give you just enough space to make an attack about every four to five tries

it should do safe guarding attacks that will generally randomize patterns and ever so often exploit your patterns

I have beaten Three level 9 perfect 0% in team, but honestly every character is different and has to be taken into account so that would be a lot of calculation

????
before I forget smash master has to do with the forums lolz ^-^

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
About 2 level 9's, 3... not yet. I rarely play against the 9's anymore though, mostly I'll be playing against 7's if I ever find myself "training" on them. I remember when I first got the game, I thought the damage percentage in the start menu was the CPU's difficulty, so I rose it up to 9 and thought I was pro, until I saw they were starting off at 9% damage. So really I was only making it easier... I like to pretend that never happened ;)

In terms of the difficulties, I think it is pretty redundant, seeing as I view level 9's as being more predictable than some of the lower difficulties. Sometimes true, sometimes not though, I know the Luigi level 9 can get pretty crazy at times...

bmullins123

Smash Journeyman
I also think there should be a grid that tells you how good you have done in matches and shows a power level out of 10 of how good you are and also shows the level for the computer level you v.s.

Ex: If I v.s a level 9 computer and the computer beats me 3 out of 3 times it should show a power level 2 out of 10 or lesser.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
I can easily beat Level 8 computers...
I can also beat Level 9 computers but I rarely, if ever, choose them.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Level 40.

Seriously, I can beat level 9, but I only play CPUs to practice my spacing. Because it's silly to think you're getting better if you already have a grasp on the game by playing CPUs.
CPUs are good for spacing, and learning to gimp some of the more predictable recoveries.

IYM!

Smash Lord
I agree that Lv. 9 Luigi is probably the best Level 9 there is. Random N-airs and Up-b's where you least expect it.

Man!!!! i though than i was the only one person with that opinion about CPU Luigi :laugh:, he is so anoying. but i am happy to have a strong CPU rival ;)

Level 40.

Seriously, I can beat level 9, but I only play CPUs to practice my spacing. Because it's silly to think you're getting better if you already have a grasp on the game by playing CPUs.
CPUs are good for spacing, and learning to gimp some of the more predictable recoveries.
yeah, me too, CPU level 9 are easy, i fight them for fun or practice my spaming.

Also is usefull to practice your evasive tactics.

for example if you have problems to beat the Wolf 's laser , select 3 Wolfs as your oponent in team battle, (without team attack) in a plain stage like FD

doing this you will be better when you try evade the lasers.

i know. A human is smarter than a CPU, but less anoying than 3 CPUs ;)

that method of trainig work for me

bmullins123

Smash Journeyman
Me as well I think training on computers is some what fun and sometimes you learn more techniques well battling them.
You also know what to watch for when your v.s someone like air attacks and power moves with the analog stick.

Life

Smash Hero
And if the hackers ever get the AI figured out, expect power levels CPU difficulty levels to skyrocket.

In the meantime, I've beaten three 9s at once but only with Team Attack on. Not that it means anything, I'm still a bad.

tocool4muffins

Smash Rookie
I can top level 9s, but, I wouldn't know how far to determine outside of the level 9 box. I love setting the auto-handicap against small free for all matches (stock 3 matches). In brawl, the handicap works by, 1st place gets +20% damage at the start of match, while the last place loses 10% (0 being the lowest possible). Meaning, the more you win, the more damage you accumulate at the start of matches. I like to see how high I can get. It gets really annoying when you start off at 100% or higher, cause then, if I die, I come back with that same percentage, so it becomes a dodging game. It's mad fun though, I recommend it for all in brawl and melee (though melee's set-up is different.

By the way, I hate lv 9 pikachu's in brawl. Never seen so many standard Bs and down Bs used before. Same with fox, always spaming the standard B to use that laser, and steal kills in time matches.

just6586

Smash Rookie
Well, after owning the game since Christmas of 08, level 9's do sometimes still give me a challenge :embarrass: I guess if I had to put a ratio on it, I think I lose to the CPU about one out of every four times. While this probably seems like a lot, keep in mind that I'm not really ever playing with "dedication" against a CPU.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
When Dantarion perfects AI and we can make level 10+ this thread might mean something.

You vs 3 Level 11s with Team Attack off. Have fun.

Kenshinhan

Smash Cadet
Most pro-Smasher know better than to practice on lvl.9's for technical skill. Mind games and reading aren't something a computer AI is going to readily teach you since it's stupid compared to humans (Stupid = how slow it learns and reads. It can read your button inputs for sure (like SSF4) but that's not the same as reading empty jumps and mind game strategies)

Lvl.9's are for like someone said, practicing evasion, timing, (since lvl.9's timing is on point) and gaining a general knowledge of the basic application of a character's moveset. (some CPU's underuse really good moves, and overuse really dumb ones, but their cracker-jack timing @ lvl.9 makes them play differently than a human would)

I dare anyone to beat 2 or 3 Lvl.9 Luigi's on 1 v 2 or 3 team battle, without using a spamming move/gimmick. You simply cannot beat all that cracker-jack timing without some sort of gimpage(that is low % KO's by aerial edge guards)/gimmick(repeated move that CPU AI stupidly falls for, like Lucas' up A smash).

Koric

Smash Apprentice
I mostly win against a level 9 difficulty. However I sometimes lose on level 7-8...

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Its either Peach or Luigi with the best Brawl AI. Wolf AI isn't bad either.

Ganon by far in melee.

Ness by far for Japanese n64 followed by Fox/Falcon.
Falcon/Ness/Fox for American SSB, equally.

The issue with the AI is their predictability. I do find however the Minus AI to be not that bad.

snake46

Smash Rookie
nice idea

I also think there should be a grid that tells you how good you have done in matches and shows a power level out of 10 of how good you are and also shows the level for the computer level you v.s.

Ex: If I v.s a level 9 computer and the computer beats me 3 out of 3 times it should show a power level 2 out of 10 or lesser.

This is a good idea and i can top 3 level 8's but not 2 lvl 9's :urg:

Riot

Smash Rookie
I think ice climers and kirby are the worst level 9s.
No, My ai are worse than anything. They dodge and powershield, know what im gonna do (all the time even if i try to switch it up) Spike (only snake and Ganon do) oh yea did i mention they powershield? after they powershield they grab too. Its a pain since i use Ganon as my main and Link as my second. MY AI EVEN TAUNTS right after i die. Do you know how annoying it is to see an ai taunt? At least i can take on level 9........ (even though i always get wrecked but still manage to win)

Joaco

Triforce of Wisdom
NNID
JoacoRyu8
Every AI taunts, I think so. Even in Melee.

Blissard

Smash Lord
I can beat levels 8 for sure but sometimes I can also beat level 9.
Nice trolling...wait...that was a troll post, right?

With Falco against a LV9 Peach, I stood at the edge of Smashville and used his infinite jab. Peach kept SDI'ing into it, racking up 999% damage.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
make a level 9+.

if you are super hardcore manly person 10++ hours a day for brawl: 9++.

i can 3 stock all level 9's, i can JV CF.

Top Bottom