• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What com. level can you beat [thread].

kxiong92

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kxiong
level 9 seems too easy.... i usually win without losing any stock.... but playing with two lvl 9 cpu is a different story...

PersonallyIPreferDair

Smash Apprentice
I find level 9 bots easy to beat, but that's mainly due to my craving for edge guarding and spiking.

Also, bots learn from you. I've taught them how to edgehog and stage spike.

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
I suck at actually playinh the game :p.

I can barely beat a level nine Ganondorf

i8pie

Smash Apprentice
Haven't played in a while but I could beat lvl 9's. I have yet to beat multiple lvl 9's on the same team, without Team Attack. It's a nightmare fighting against 3 lvl 9 Pits. All of them fire arrows at me when I'm recovering, and they're dead accurate. Impossible to get past if they do it all at once and air dodging only gets you so far...

Also, as a general rule of thumb, don't fight lvl 9's unless it's for fun. Not good for training, mainly because they dodge roll a lot and are easier to predict even if they do 'learn' from you; to practice spacing, a lower level (3 min, 7 max) should be good enough.

Darkrulerjoe

Smash Rookie
I play against level 9s from time to time. I usually play 4 stock and with my best I kill the level 9 with 3 stock (Mid-%) left. I could beat up to 2 Level 6's on a 2 Vs 1. If I do 2 V 1 with 2 Level 9's, I usually get one out and the other would be low % 1 stock or high % 2 stock. With 3 Vs 1, I can beat 3 level 5s. I haven't tried 3 Level 6s though, I noticed that when you face computers often it actually makes you worse, or in my case it did and took me a a few days to get back to where I was.

FIREL

Smash Ace
They always edgeguard when someone is in helpless position, but only when they have the opportunity.

Stage spikes comes out of luck.

miengtee

Smash Rookie
Hi fellas,
i think im going to lvl up more to beat lvl 8 and up since iam a newbie lol....
nice for you guys you already reach that far.............

anyway...i am coming to get yah!

hehehe thanks,

supersmash43

Smash Cadet
Lvl 9 generally suck and are easy to beat 1 on 1, but if two or more are fighting against you on the same team (w/o friendly fire on) then you are in for a challenge! Try 3 Lvl 9 Bowsers on Battlefield (I am referring to Brawl)!

DAS

Smash Ace
NNID
DAS1989
Level 9s aren't difficult they kinda were when I first got the game since I wasn't used to shield grabbing, but I could beat them giving my prior experience in the other smash bros. I'll admit its hard when there's three of them on a team and I manage to win a couple times before. Most of the time I just beat the computers without losing lives or on occasion without being touched.

I mostly fight them to practice edgeguards, gimps,etc. Also to warm up so I can be at my best to fight online players.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Level 9's are interesting I think. When you look at them in all three games, they play differently (I think)

In SSB64, as Kirby I can beat 3 level 9's on a team at saffron city. I couldn't anywhere else, I'm pretty sure. Maybe Hyrule. (Main Kirby, Pika, Jiggs)
(Just confirmed this, I played against DK, Fox, and Link with three lives. I killed them eight times out of nine)

In Melee I can beat a level 9 most of the time. I just started playing it again today. As Doc, I've been able to beat Link and YLink pretty easily. Alone of course. (Main Doc, Jiggs, Pichu)

In Brawl, well I don't always win the level 9. I just am worst at Brawl and I've been playing it the most recently. (Main Lucario, Kirby, Peach kinna)

I wish they went up to at least eleven.

EmperorB-rad2kj

Smash Apprentice
I can handle two lvl 9's without TOO much effort, but with a third one on the stage and I have a real problem then but iv'e done it before. Yes CPU's do learn from you after playing against them they did things they'd never do when i faced them for the first weeks of brawl.

Edgeguarding, DI, etc.

cHp

Smash Apprentice
Lv. 9s aren't hard to beat unless their luck factor kicks into overdrive (i.e. luigi PS'ing snake u-tilt -> luigi spot dodge + PS ftilt -> oos up-b)

4nace

Smash Ace
I can handle two lvl 9's without TOO much effort, but with a third one on the stage and I have a real problem then but iv'e done it before. Yes CPU's do learn from you after playing against them they did things they'd never do when i faced them for the first weeks of brawl.

Edgeguarding, DI, etc.
From what I have heard, I think this has been proven to not be true, although it does feel like it is. Especially when it seems like the AI is crouch taunting. Anyway, the reason why it is not true can be found in the replay data.

Basically a replay in brawl is like other advanced games where it just saves a long list of your inputs along with millisecond time values. So when you are playing against another player, the only data saved is the two lists.

However, when you play against a computer, the filesize is significantly smaller, that is because instead of saving a list, it simply saves a random seed number that the computer used at the start of the battle, then it runs the AI again, so basically the AI is playing the match with the same RNG numbers coming up. Since your inputs are exactly the same, the match plays out exactly the same.

Now the proof that AI does not learn from you can be found in that if you bring your replay to your friend's wii then the match still plays out exactly the same. So unless there is some AI learning data attached to all your replays (which was never found) then it appears that the AI does not actually learn, and it is more a matter of noticing things as you improve.

If you want to learn more there is an AI thread going on over in Smash Workshop. This information here could actually be outdated by now and someone like Bero or Dantarion may be able to correct me.

-4nace

EmperorB-rad2kj

Smash Apprentice
From what I have heard, I think this has been proven to not be true, although it does feel like it is. Especially when it seems like the AI is crouch taunting. Anyway, the reason why it is not true can be found in the replay data.

Basically a replay in brawl is like other advanced games where it just saves a long list of your inputs along with millisecond time values. So when you are playing against another player, the only data saved is the two lists.

However, when you play against a computer, the filesize is significantly smaller, that is because instead of saving a list, it simply saves a random seed number that the computer used at the start of the battle, then it runs the AI again, so basically the AI is playing the match with the same RNG numbers coming up. Since your inputs are exactly the same, the match plays out exactly the same.

Now the proof that AI does not learn from you can be found in that if you bring your replay to your friend's wii then the match still plays out exactly the same. So unless there is some AI learning data attached to all your replays (which was never found) then it appears that the AI does not actually learn, and it is more a matter of noticing things as you improve.

If you want to learn more there is an AI thread going on over in Smash Workshop. This information here could actually be outdated by now and someone like Bero or Dantarion may be able to correct me.

-4nace
I see your point its simply that over the time the AI seems to get smarter than it previously was so it would seem that way. I haven't played brawl in a very long time but i keep up with whatever I can so thanks for the re assurance.

CrayonWarrior

Smash Rookie
XD i find brawl a bit too slow and clunky compared to melee
also marth has been significantly nerfed, and he's trickier in brawl

EmperorB-rad2kj

Smash Apprentice
XD i find brawl a bit too slow and clunky compared to melee
also marth has been significantly nerfed, and he's trickier in brawl
I think we all know by now brawl is slower than melee for sure but i enjoy brawl more. With fox i destroyed 3 lvl 9's all on the same team against me but thats melee of course

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
I can do that with 64 as Samus against Foxes get at me.

In Brawl I can take down a lvl 9 comp with EASE with at least 2 stocks remaining.

Vainglory-Scion

Smash Rookie
I can beat three Level 9's on a team in a three-stock match as Lucas (my main) and Ness (my secondary). I usually end up with two stock and about 30%.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Sure you can I will belive it when I see it.
The only way you can probably win against 3 level 9s is with items.
Don't forget Team Attack. With Team Attack set to "On", it makes fighting a team of 3 level 9s easier, since CPUs don't really know how to work well together.

EmperorB-rad2kj

Smash Apprentice
Don't forget Team Attack. With Team Attack set to "On", it makes fighting a team of 3 level 9s easier, since CPUs don't really know how to work well together.
wouldnt that make it harder since all the cpu's are coming at you and just you rather than killing each other off giving your free stocks.

Top Bottom