• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are your opinions on Project M?

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Landing an OU'd Usmash with Lucas has made some players pull their heads back and widen their eyes in awe as their character was sent careening off the top of the screen.

It's mostly just the knee that doesn't feel very satisfying anymore, along with the sound effects.

AXE 09

Smash Master
Idk. When I hit someone with a Usmash with Pikachu in PM, I'm just kinda like... "cool I guess =/"

But it Melee it just feels like "Heck yeah! >=D"

It just feels more powerful and satisfying, even though they have similar knockback. It's kinda hard to explain.

:phone:

abcool

Smash Ace
The characters make this puking sound in Melee when they get hit with a strong attack at kill percent, along with their scream. In P:M they only making the screaming sound and i also think the screen shakes a lot more in Melee than in P:M. If you play Multiman Melee you'll hear this puking kinda sound effect.

Either way, what throws Project M off the most to me is that it lack any shield game. You can't pressure shields with FFers like in Melee, an because of the pushback it just takes that tiny part of what makes melee great and subtract it from P:M all in all. Playing with 1 frame buffer makes the gameplay feel a lot smoother with spacies(For now atleast until they fix the dead frame) My c-stick tends to work a lot more consistent aswell. An no my c-stick is not faulty i repaired it already.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
The characters make this puking sound in Melee when they get hit with a strong attack at kill percent, along with their scream. In P:M they only making the screaming sound and i also think the screen shakes a lot more in Melee than in P:M. If you play Multiman Melee you'll hear this puking kinda sound effect.

Either way, what throws Project M off the most to me is that it lack any shield game. You can't pressure shields with FFers like in Melee, an because of the pushback it just takes that tiny part of what makes melee great and subtract it from P:M all in all. Playing with 1 frame buffer makes the gameplay feel a lot smoother with spacies(For now atleast until they fix the dead frame) My c-stick tends to work a lot more consistent aswell. An no my c-stick is not faulty i repaired it already.
interesting...I never really used the buffer system I may try this out.

abcool

Smash Ace
interesting...I never really used the buffer system I may try this out.
I never used buffer before in the past because i wanted to stick to the P:M standard, but the controls in P:M just aren't as responsive as Melee's i tried using 1 frame buffer and my c-stick registers all the attacks instead of the those times where it doesn't work. Buffer should be used atleast 1 frame until the game is complete, IMO. i will allow it at my tournies, but only 1 frame.

JaceComix

Smash Apprentice
Wasn't thrilled with the first demo, and had some personal issues about the tourneys being held with the developer versions, but I've been having a lot of fun with it since downloading 2.1.

I love a lot of the changes they've made to characters and their movesets, but I definitely feel what Axe is sayin. I've noticed the camera acts a lot differently than it does in Melee, maybe that takes away from the pace a bit, and while I haven't noticed them myself, the sound effects might be less dramatic or powerful, subtly taking away from the satisfaction we get from our combos and kills in Melee.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
play Ike and tell me all the sound effects sound "soft", nearly every sword attack that lands sounds like a ton of bricks hitting pavement lol

i do understand about other characters SFX lacking impact, apart from certain moves ie Bowser's fsmash, Koopa Klaw, and some other character attacks that i'm feeling too lazy to post :urg:

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Moved to Brawl Workshop

P:M is a Brawl mod and should be posted about in here, not in Melee Discussion

`dazrin

Smash Champion
^ Dislikes ProjectM

->moves thread off melee discussion.

The thread was made for getting the melee player's opinions and perspective on the community made game, Project M. The question was directed towards melee players, which is why it was posted in melee discussion.

The thread has gone way off topic, so I support you in the move to Brawl workshop. I'm just letting you know why the thread was made here in the first place.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Should be moved back. If you want to discuss the differences between the two you can make your own thread, but this thread is important and needs to be in Melee discussion - nobody who it pertains to will see it in Workshop.

abcool

Smash Ace
Should be moved back. If you want to discuss the differences between the two you can make your own thread, but this thread is important and needs to be in Melee discussion - nobody who it pertains to will see it in Workshop.
^This. Its for Melee players to list the ups and downs about the current demo and their input on how this game will be accepted in their eyes, putting it here makes no sense, when we already have a Project M thread for discussing the game mechanics. I could understand telling us to not go off subject, but this is kinda showing bias towards your own dislike of the game.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Well if people are going to keep talking about SFX and texture swaps, then its gonna sit here for sure.

But I agree that people should get back on topic and have this thread moved back to Melee Discussion.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I agree entirely that this thread was well-suited in Melee Discussion.

It was meant for Melee players to discuss the game. The target audience has been lost.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
In my opinion, I think it should stay in the same board where Project: M is being developed.

AXE 09

Smash Master
I thought the purpose of this thread was to get Melee players opinions on project M? I know I wouldn't have posted in this thread if it wasn't in Melee Discussion. I just stated my opinions lol

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Precisely my point Axe. This thread in this location cannot serve its function. The solutions are to move it back into Melee discussion, or lock it. The latter decision would be more silly than keeping stages MK dominates on just to have reason to ban him.

MK is so stupid on Rainbow Cruise. Let's keep the stage so we can ban the character

Falco is so stupid on Jungle Japes, let's keep the stage so we can ban the character

Thread asking Melee players about a topic relevant to them pertains to a mod for Brawl, let's move the thread wear it doesn't have relevance so we can lock it.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Moved it away from the target audience.

It's like moving a popular sitcom from a comfy 8PM timeslot to 2PM on a weekday. Sure, there's still people around, but it's not who you're trying to attract.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
guys if you want this moved back to melee discussion report this post stating so to bring it to the attention of the mods. the moderators will listen to reason and realize their mistake, assuming they haven't suddenly become ****ty in the past year.

the subject of this thread is "What do you, a (in most cases competitive) Melee player, think of Project M?" NOT just "Project M" in which case there is a huge ****ing thread specifically for that purpose already. this thread was very helpful as both an outlet for melee players whose comments don't really fit in in the main pm thread and for the PMBR to gauge how our main target audience feels about the product we're developing. its new location in brawl workshop has turned a useful thread into an empty shell of its former self. other users also posted different reasoning for why this move was erroneous. please move it back, moderators. thank you

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
So you guys want this thread back in Melee discussion?
Just tell me. I'm a mod of this section of the board.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Yes, please.

Think about it, this thread has no place here. Yes, its about Project:M, but the target audience is towards melee players.

The only reason it was moved here is because people started going offtopic and talking about SFX changes, Texture changes, etc.

D

Deleted member

you guys should try bowser vs fox on metal cavern. it's hilarious.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Hmm, well project:M is really fun, but its soooo slow in comparison to melee.
The game promotes too much defensive play and really still maintains too much of the brawly feeling.
It has a lot of promise and I still love the game, it just won't be at that melee level unless it becomes faster and smoother.
Oh and a major part is aesthetics, brawl graphics make it feel a lot weirder. Its a lot to ask, I know, but in future builds it'd be nice if the character modles fealt more like melee textures.
But back to the original point: unless the game becomes faster and stuff, it will remain a side tournament thing forever, but above the level of low tier tournies.
Aaaanyway, I'm still waiting for the P:Mbr to add Fox :troll:

Oh and Zelda is a broken piece of ****.

j3ly

Smash Champion
it will create a merge of the scenes, our communities in london are starting to converge a little which is cool.

playing somebody you know as a brawler in P:M and they're all wavedashing and l-cancelling and ****, it makes me respect the technical skill potential in some brawlers

Top Bottom