• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are some little tiny things that annoy you?

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
♣ Screw the poster above me. What's wrong with adding a little style to your posts?

Also, this has been said many times before, but it's annoying to me when the door is open in my room. ♣

The Fail Tracer

3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
♣ All right. Did I go all, "I'm unique just because I post in a different style."? No... I didn't. Seems that you were putting words in my mouth right there.

To keep this topic on track, it's also annoying when people say "would of" instead of "would have" on forums. ♣

EDIT: I'll have to stop it here...
Sorry, Azua.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
It annoys me when people treat this thread like it's high school.

GTFO.

Also, I say 'would of' when I don't type "would've." I have no idea why.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
Dude, get out.

Acting like an ******* does not make you cool, nor does it improve threads.

Also, this goes to everyone else:
If you don't like what someone said, there are better ways to show it than saying "Screw you" and the like. If they decide to flame you after that, ignore it. We'll deal with it - that's what we're here for.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I sort of agree with Megajosh, although he did bring across his point very poorly. It's annoying when people pick the worst colour and the smallest, hardest to read font and don't expect people to not want to read what they have to say. If I have to highlight your post to read it, something is wrong with it.

M.K

Level 55
I just noticed this today.
Something that I find annoying is that when I have a glass on a coaster and I go to pick it up and drink it, but the coaster sticks to the bottom of the glass and falls off as I drink it. Its fine when it stays on, but when it falls off.....:mad:

Amide

Smash Lord
When someone on Facebook/Aim/Whatever has a status thing saying "OMG I HATE YOU!!!" or "Life SUX!" then you ask them what's wrong and they say it's private, and they don't wanna talk about it. If that's the case, then why the hell did you post it anyway?

Lol I doubt anyone knows what kind of thing I'm talking about.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
Oh, I know exactly what you're talking about.

I delete those people :)

I was trying to sell my old WoW account over myspace to pay some medical bills, and someone I didn't know from Adam sent me messages bugging me to find out why I had medical expenses.
I just find that to be extremely rude.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
How when you grab the scroll bar to scroll to the top of the screen, but sometimes if you make a bad move it goes back to its original position..

Anyone else get annoyed by that?

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
How when you grab the scroll bar to scroll to the top of the screen, but sometimes if you make a bad move it goes back to its original position..

Anyone else get annoyed by that?
That, and when I'm using the scroller on my mouse and whatever website I'm looking at decides to revert me down to something I was previously looking at.

And cookies that tell me I haven't read topics, when I have. :mad:

The Fail Tracer

3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
♣ I get annoyed by the scrolling thing very much.

I also get annoyed by this red light I see in the sky if it's cloudy enough. Where I live, there's something that causes a stupid, big, red light to appear in the clouds every cloudy night. I have no idea what it is.

Then there's bad weather. I HATE bad weather. More than 2/3 of the year is bad weather here in PA.

Also, whenever I'm trying to pull an all-nighter, and somebody wakes up, so I have to pretend to be sleeping. ♣

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
That, and when I'm using the scroller on my mouse and whatever website I'm looking at decides to revert me down to something I was previously looking at.

And cookies that tell me I haven't read topics, when I have. :mad:
♣ I get annoyed by the scrolling thing very much.

I also get annoyed by this red light I see in the sky if it's cloudy enough. Where I live, there's something that causes a stupid, big, red light to appear in the clouds every cloudy night. I have no idea what it is.

Then there's bad weather. I HATE bad weather. More than 2/3 of the year is bad weather here in PA.

Also, whenever I'm trying to pull an all-nighter, and somebody wakes up, so I have to pretend to be sleeping. ♣

Hmm, i am not the only one who has problems with scrolling.

What about this. I have buttons on the side of my mouse for extra commands in games. Some games like FEAR and Left 4 Dead have more commands than a normal mouse, so I have to use them. (Healthkit in Fear, scope in L4D in the off chance someone cares o_0). Unfortunately, these little buttons are by default "back" and "forward" when I am surfing the web. Nothing like reading 2 paragraphs into something interesting and then skipping back to the page before, only to have to find your spot.

Also, ALT + Tabbing out of TF2. Most games it takes a few seconds, TF2 has to load for like 30.. which is never good when my favorite class in 6v6 exhibition has a class limit and its first come first server. =B

Ugg

Smash Champion
My old grade 6 teacher had just recovered from lung cancer (I don't know if this has anything to do with what annoyed me.)
I sat right beside her desk. Whenever it was silent reading (of course it was dead silent, right?) She made this weird noise when she breathed. It made me so angry :X

M.K

Level 55
My old grade 6 teacher had just recovered from lung cancer (I don't know if this has anything to do with what annoyed me.)
I sat right beside her desk. Whenever it was silent reading (of course it was dead silent, right?) She made this weird noise when she breathed. It made me so angry :X
O.O What if she can't help it? That's pretty.....I don't even know.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Hmm, i am not the only one who has problems with scrolling.

What about this. I have buttons on the side of my mouse for extra commands in games. Some games like FEAR and Left 4 Dead have more commands than a normal mouse, so I have to use them. (Healthkit in Fear, scope in L4D in the off chance someone cares o_0). Unfortunately, these little buttons are by default "back" and "forward" when I am surfing the web. Nothing like reading 2 paragraphs into something interesting and then skipping back to the page before, only to have to find your spot.

Also, ALT + Tabbing out of TF2. Most games it takes a few seconds, TF2 has to load for like 30.. which is never good when my favorite class in 6v6 exhibition has a class limit and its first come first server. =B
Run it in windowed mode with no border [you can do this be setting the launch properties as -windowed -noborder], it's virtually the same as fullscreen but alt-tabbing becomes way faster.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Run it in windowed mode with no border [you can do this be setting the launch properties as -windowed -noborder], it's virtually the same as fullscreen but alt-tabbing becomes way faster.
For some reason that owns my FPS. It is normally 80 out of combat, about 55-60 in combat (like 220 at custom maps lol) but when I do windowed it goes to 60 out 30 in combat.

Annoying.

Puddin

Smash Lord
I hate typing on Laptops, the Keys are just so **** annoying and I can never figure out why. I think it's either how silent they are, so I don't get the satisfaction of hearing them click and acknowledging that I actually typed something or because they are so thin and hard to distinguish.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
I hate when I'm making something on the stove with a metal spoon and then it scrapes against the pot. The noise just irritates me sooo much!! It's just one of the thsoe noises that is earsplittingly annoying to me

MarthBeast

Smash Apprentice
girls who are crushed when a guy dumps them and when the guy wants her back because he has no other chance of a girlfriend she takes him right back

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
The money counter we use to count down drawers at the end of cashiers shifts at work. When you're counting singles, sometimes it'll take like 16 but not 17, other times it won't even take 10, sometimes it'll count packs of 50 and 100, sometimes it won't......... SO frustrating>_<

battousai555

Smash Ace
People who chew with their mouth open.
People who talk with their mouth FULL.
People who interrupt others in the middle of their sentences.

Basically anyone with no/poor etiquette.

Edit: I'm silly

Lotasin

Smash Cadet
There are many, many things that annoy me.

1. People who use the phrase "Half expect"

2. People who use the phrase "Turn of phrase"

3. People who use the phrase "Scared me half to death" (then maybe i hsould scare you again)

4. People who get overexcited about seeing a beluga whale at sea world.

5. That you have to use your wii mote to select brawl and then you go into "Group" mode, the wiimote thinks it can play. so I end up taking the batteries out of it.

6. Toon Link

7. When a TV network replaces your favorite show with some generic soap opera crap. Or it gets moved to an unwatchable time like Tuesdays at 4:30 A.M

8. When girls crush your heart, and don't even care about you.

9 When people lie abot some really small crap. e.g: I didn't take the penny!

10. Little Kids on mics in certain games. It's rated T for Teen, not Toddler.

11.Superstitious People. Example: The World is going to end in 2012.

12. People who say "I know what you're thinking". NO YOU DON'T! STFU!

13. Bedtimes.

14. 7chan

15. People who put their names in leet speak so it takes 5 minutes to figure out what it says. Like so:
|3@|2|2y \/\/h|73

16. Valley Girls

17. Over-religious people.

18. Pennies

19. When you're in a rush to get to the bathroom and you whip it out, but not far enough, so you end up just barely nicking the edge of the button flap on your pants and it goes f*cking everywhere.

20. People who use meme's IRL. "SHOOP DA WHOOP"

21. People who take advantage of a problem in the family. Example: My Great Great Twice Removed Uncle Yigoshlav Neeshtick from Yugoslavia whom I've never met before died 3 months ago so i can't do my homework for a couple years.

22. People OBSESSED with football

23. Sydney Crosby

24. When youre in an elevator all by yourself on your way to the 57th floor and then you stop at the 12th floor for some reason and a group of about 600 ******s get in and want to go through every floor between.

25. People, who, overuse, commas, lawl.

26. People who use the word "Like" in their sentences. "I was all like 'Dude ,like, wheres your, like.....car?"

27. When people in the movie theater that have already seen the movie start yelling out things like "OMG WATCH THIS LAWL HES GONNA POP OUT AND SCARE HER HALF TO DEATH! SHE DOESNT EVEN HALF EXPECT IT!!!!" FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

28. People who boast because they figured out how to find a hypotenuse of a triangle...to 2nd graders.

29. People who say "your mom".

30. Any number ending in 3.

And many, many more.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
19. When you're in a rush to get to the bathroom and you whip it out, but not far enough, so you end up just barely nicking the edge of the button flap on your pants and it goes f*cking everywhere.
You win.

Also, anyone else hate that as smashboards loads it drags you to the bottom of the screen? Sometimes I will be halfway through a paragraph when that 10 year old's signature full of sprites that say MAIN SECOND MAIN THIRD MAINS FOR FUN FOR BORING FOR LOVE finally loads the last sprite shooting at something with next to the word LOL and I get taken back to the bottom.

Top Bottom