• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are some little tiny things that annoy you?

Booseter Seat

Smash Cadet
This is going to sound really weird, but for some reason I can't stand the word obscure. I don't even know what it is about it, it's just annoying. :confused: I also hate when people poke me at random.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
It gets on my nerves when people say "coincidences don’t exist" ~_~

DRD

Smash Lord
I can't stand that little noise people make when they're talking sometimes

That little sucking noise, you know the one, that little "snk"

I don't know if you guys know what I'm talking about, but everyone does it in between saying stuff and it is so annoying

Zeruda

Smash Cadet
I really get annoyed when people think girls don't play video games, or that the ones that do are the ugly ones. For example, I work at GameStop. Sometimes people will come in and ask about accessories or how to get past levels, etc. etc. I ask if they need assistance, and I often get people who'll ask, "Is there a guy around who knows something about games?" It reeeaaally irritates me. And then when one of my male coworkers can't answer the question, I do, and the customer is all,"Oh, you're a gamer? I thought you just worked here.," or "I didn't think you played games- you look really girly." Really, who works at GameStop and isn't a gamer? Gah. And being the girly-dressing, pink-loving, frou-frou-accessory-wearing girly-girl that I am, I'm expected to just be "working there". No, bech, I game hardcore.

Another thing that annoys me is kids playing online. I mean, I don't mind the mature ones, but sometimes hearing little 8-10 year old kids screaming cusswords at each other because they think it's cool makes it totally not worth playing. I like to communicate with people while I play, and little kids just really mess it up for me. I actually quit WoW a long time ago because I got fed up with eBabysitting.

One more is YouTube posts. Nobody ever posts anything relevant, they just bash each other for the hell of it. Really, what's the point in that? Who is so bored that they have to register and log in to YouTube and just bash random people? Seriously... get a life. Get laid. Do SOMETHING.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
You really don't see much gamers that are female, there are a few but of course they are spread out. (I only know two irl, and *counts* at least three online, or more, some are casual or more competive, depends) Although if you worked at gamestop I'd assume you like videogames, anime, or manga, or something similar. ^_^ I sure hope I don't see anyone working there that doesn't know about videogames! D:

Yes, little kids are everywhere, hopefully they'll learn. (first time on internetz was when I was 14 I think)

Bah, I'd rather keep on going on Youtube, and I try to post good things. :3 I am not one to bicker and shout or anything... I do see stupid comments on there sometimes, but I guess people get bored and do that.

MBreeto

Smash Ace
I hate it when people are making a debate or a speech or something and they say something witty and then the whole crowd claps and cheers. I hate those kinda people in the crowd. Just let them ****ING talk!

Red Exodus

Smash Master
One more is YouTube posts. Nobody ever posts anything relevant, they just bash each other for the hell of it. Really, what's the point in that? Who is so bored that they have to register and log in to YouTube and just bash random people? Seriously... get a life. Get laid. Do SOMETHING.
This is the reason I never comment on Youtube videos anymore unless someone has a question.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
I click the thread about things that annoy people, and I get an Arab Dating Site banner running across the top screen.

Smashboards is going subliminal.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
When people add unnecessary sounds onto words.

The word is idea, not idear. So why sound out the 'r' on the end? It makes no sense to me.

EDIT: Meh, it turns out that's the British pronunciation. That's one of the few differences between British English and other English that I actually prefer the non-British version of.

Darkslash

Smash Master
EDIT: Meh, it turns out that's the British pronunciation. That's one of the few differences between British English and other English that I actually prefer the non-British version of.
I say Joe, do you want to go out for some earl Grey?

Stop acting British we drink Timmies.

-sigh- The perils of being Canadian. Colour, Grey, eh? needs to end with ? That kinda annoys me.

XxXBlueKillaXxX

Smash Cadet
When you're eating a burrito, and your tounge touches the tip of the alumium foil. Also when people scrape against foam treys. (I still shudder at that sound from elementary school those many years ago)

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
People who talk **** about other people, claim to be better, then proceed to not proving it. If you're going to say dumb stuff like that, at least prove it ¬_¬ Bugs me quite a bit. Oh and gum chewing. >_< Annoying as hell. And people who think I'm emo because I wear a lot of black. Black goes with everything, duh. That's why it's so wearable. O3O Oh and Shubhank. What a jerk...

Whenever you look at the Youtube comments, and you see good comments with negative points and/or marked as spam. Some people do this by accident, but even then it's still annoying as hell.
Comments on youtube.

Such a useful device, why do idiots gather so readily?
I really hate racists, sexists, that kind of thing on Youtube. At least in the real world, some people have enough decency to censor themselves, but on Youtube, the hate is especially vile.
Comments posted by Youtube n00bs, especially for Arby n' the Chief.
This is the reason I never comment on Youtube videos anymore unless someone has a question.
I agree with the above...

I find it irritating to find Youtube artists like AtheneWins, HotForWords, and sXephil popular amoung viewers. I just don't see what is great about thier works...
Can someone explain this too? I too do not understand what attracts views.

What also irritates me is an extremely loose grip from the other person when doing a handshake/greeting. Did you know that over 50% of people do not know how to properly shake hands with another human being? Why is it so hard for them to grasp that concept (no pun intended)?!?

Blackadder

Smash Master
Well, Smitty Werben Thingy, I just checked those Youtube channels... and, I mean, isn't it OBVIOUS why they're all popular? ._.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
It gets on my nerves when I tell people that they shouldn't do something, I'm ignored, so I tell them again not-so-nicely, still ignored, and then I tell them to stfu and they still. keep. doing it.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
What also irritates me is an extremely loose grip from the other person when doing a handshake/greeting. Did you know that over 50% of people do not know how to properly shake hands with another human being? Why is it so hard for them to grasp that concept (no pun intended)?!?
I'm always nervous when I shake hands with someone because of this, I always think my grip is too weak and if I tighten my grip suddenly it'd be weird.

On a similar note, it annoys me when people don't know which hand to shake with. I remember shaking hands with a guy when I was receiving a prize and he shook with his left hand and gave with his right, I didn't realize till I reached out so it was an awkward handshake.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
Something else that annoys me: my cookies aren't marking the forums as I read them.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I got it worse, some family came, and got on the computer with my sister, and I guess deleted cookies or something, because after that Most places I went to didn't remember me and I didn't have the password GAH. Thats annoying...

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
It really annoys me when people use the term "fail" or "epic fail" in person. They may as well be shouting, "Hey! I'm a virgin who stays on the computer all day! LOOK AT ME!"

Kitten

Smash Journeyman
People who constantly send you links to songs etc. Sometimes they do it faster than you can even listen to their songs. I just want to listen to my own music. A couple links is fine. If they're good. Not a ****ing huge bombardment of ****ty songs, each of which is 'the best song ever'.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
It really annoys me when people use the term "fail" or "epic fail" in person. They may as well be shouting, "Hey! I'm a virgin who stays on the computer all day! LOOK AT ME!"
:laugh:

Yeah I hate when people do that. Some kids, who spend like 8 hours of there lives a day on 4chan, keep yelling stuff like "Flacoooon Puunnnnch!!!" or "Its....over...9000!!!!" in class.

When one of them makes a "witty" comment using internet memes the rest if them start giggling like little girls. They also try to act all amazing when it comes to gaming but I've played them in a lot of games and there pretty bad =/

-:bowser:Bowser King

Red Exodus

Smash Master
People who constantly send you links to songs etc. Sometimes they do it faster than you can even listen to their songs. I just want to listen to my own music. A couple links is fine. If they're good. Not a ****ing huge bombardment of ****ty songs, each of which is 'the best song ever'.
I have a friend that constantly sends me soundtracks of DBZ games and Pokemon games, the music doesn't even sound good it's just really generic remixes and that kind of stuff. Usually I'd open the first link to see what it is and depending on what it is I can pretty much tell whether or not every other link is going to be Pokemon and DBZ soundtracks.

I also have a strong hate for certain Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park songs because every kid and his grandma wants to make a Naruto/Bleach/DBZ/whatever AMV as if it hasn't been done before. Not all AMVs are annoying to me, just the generic ones.

Well, Smitty Werben Thingy, I just checked those Youtube channels... and, I mean, isn't it OBVIOUS why they're all popular? ._.
Thanks for giving me an indirect answer, but I get it. We sure do love it around the world, especially in the U.S. >_>

Another irritation is my teacher's tendancy to make errors on scan-tron tests. How can you do that wrong?
She finds a way...

Mith_

Smash Champion
I only do that around friends. It never comes out of my mouth with other people for some reason 0.o

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I only do that around friends. It never comes out of my mouth with other people for some reason 0.o
Well I also see those epic fail pics and those pics aren't funny to me just because of the FAIL labeled on it. Too obvious, heh.

Pikatwo

Smash Rookie
When I go online on Mario Kart Wii, there's always a Player and their guest that are the SAME mii.

The only time it was funny, was when I was in a race with seven people, and six of them were racing as Naruto.

Top Bottom