• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Westminster, May 5th Biweekly

Status
Not open for further replies.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
lol

so this is a whole plan to make people thinks its ok to use mod'd controllers... then you interest them in the fact that you can mod the controllers for a handsome fee.. and then you make bank off it

im not stupid mike.

and i know you "mod" controllers for pros out there all the time which is complete bull**** because players more TALENT in their little finger lose because a player has no balls and 200$ sitting around to buy a mod'd control.

edit: and you somehow managed to edit in there that "i suck at smash"... such a tough guy.

2nd edit: then you take it out, make up your mind.
the last sentence isnt even direct towards you. Im saying if you lose to someone who has a modded controller it is because you cant beat them because of your skill not their controller. Not everyone has 200 bucks sitting around to be able to afford a controller. People will do what it takes to win, and if they can accomplish that whos in their way to stop them. The reason why controllers arent banned is because there has been no real mods at tournaments. Everyone whos complaining about modded controllers just want to complain because they cant do it themselves.

petoo0

Smash Ace
How is it that my smash skill is less than someone who uses a mod. cont. if I lose to them. That makes about this much sense |.| Mod Con.t help you win....it makes the game easier, in the sense that some things are easier to do with the cont. than they would normally be to do. Also that ruins that game, I sure as hell do not want a modded cont. That is lame.

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
I think people are angry because they don't know what the controller does. Of course, if neal went so far as to post a sticky about it, they think it must be serious. But if you tried my controller you'd see it isn't that big. The control stick feels much nicer and it's a bit lighter because there is no rumble. The L button had more resistance too, but I didn't like that so it's back to normal now. But it didn't give me superpowers; I havent beaten anyone ranked yet (although hopefully that will change soon) and i've even lost to random people i've never heard of.

if the controller totally revamped your playing style and make it so you could compete with ken, then i wouldn't want one either. in fact, i'd be very opposed to it. but a minor change like this just seems more comfortable. i could switch back to a default controller and it wouldn't be a huge problem, but i like the way this one feels better.

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
people need to stop making johns, there is no such thing as a moded controller.

throughout my whole smash career I've yet to encounter someone with a short hop mod or L canceling mod and even if they did have one, they've yet to compete with the pro's.

I'm sick of all this mod this and that. anyone who brings that **** up in this thread I'll have to report to DNS

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
Surprise

Add one mexican to the attendance list. I may just show up.

I may decide to tell my work that I'm coming in at 6 instead of 3 so it would give me time to play at the tourney.

Now, if the tourney can just end by 5, that'd be perfect.

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
Add one mexican to the attendance list. I may just show up.

I may decide to tell my work that I'm coming in at 6 instead of 3 so it would give me time to play at the tourney.

Now, if the tourney can just end by 5, that'd be perfect.
does that mean dbz showdown? >: ) bring it

araknophobik

Smash Master
I think people are angry because they don't know what the controller does. Of course, if neal went so far as to post a sticky about it, they think it must be serious. But if you tried my controller you'd see it isn't that big. The control stick feels much nicer and it's a bit lighter because there is no rumble. The L button had more resistance too, but I didn't like that so it's back to normal now. But it didn't give me superpowers; I havent beaten anyone ranked yet (although hopefully that will change soon) and i've even lost to random people i've never heard of.

if the controller totally revamped your playing style and make it so you could compete with ken, then i wouldn't want one either. in fact, i'd be very opposed to it. but a minor change like this just seems more comfortable. i could switch back to a default controller and it wouldn't be a huge problem, but i like the way this one feels better.
lol bones is too good though. Them SD peaches are nothing to **** with. He also did very well against manacloud. Just because they're not well known doesn't mean they aren't good

I might come tomorow since i dont have work. Who's down for teaming??

DieSuperFly

Smash Lord
Ken is the main ***** that uses mod controllers hahahahahahaha LOLOL :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

a little bird told me :)

hey manacloudsies let me get a mod controller!!!!!!:psycho: :psycho: :psycho:

manacloud1

Smash Champion
**** that was a fun bi weekly

good **** guys, next bi weekly is vegas. Lots of good people in so cal results today are. Sorry no full results.

ken
knives
hugs

doubles

ken and arash
hugs and omar
lucky and mango

see everyone next time.

dsf no such thing as a mod i dont know what your talking about i just fix controllers. Your controller is too elite for me, ask your friend to do it for you.

Marth/Falco Pro

Smash Lord
great games to everyone I played!

Dodger, what'd you think about my low tier chars.? Your Kirby is too good dude, but my Jiggz is better ^^

To the dude I was having a lot of friendlies who played jigglypuff (not mango), I had a great time playing you. Hope I helped you improve.

Mana and Ken. thanks for havin me over and for letting my wait inside your house when I was waiting for my ride.

Marth/Falco Pro

Smash Lord
lol, nah, just messed arond w/ low tiers during our friendlies. I'm starting to regret making this name, people kept makin fun of meh there cuz I suck @ smash. They kept emphasizing "Pro" Alright, I'm gonna stop whining, so just forget about me and what the statement above.

joejoe22802

Smash Ace
I got ***** lolzzzzzzzzzz.... >.> ken too good set me up in the brackets next time lol hehehe pity me!!! o yea man lucky u beat me and ive never even seen u.,.... lol i guess fugito and i need to acutally start practicing alot like when we started :( mcrusty practices chain grabs too much HAHAHA lol im jp ....
but u do
nice biweekly we took one match off ken and arash when they were trying but ill take it lol

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
dawg foo, imagine if i was in Elite 4 and Mana made a new banner? Daaamm that **** would look so tight.

haha jp david. but seriously that banner looks tight.

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure she's not low tier... Or else I'm an ******* for yelling at my opponent yesterday for trying to pick her in my low tier tourny xD

squaresoft714

Smash Rookie
No Full Results ?

YEAH RIGHT ! :)

here they areee

Results of singles on 02/17/2007

1 Ken
2 Knives
3 Hugo
4 DC
5 MANA
5 Omar
7 lucky
7 Pbody
9 Aesis
9 Blitz
9 Azeem
9 arash
13 araknophobic
13 Daminals
13 Jay
13 mango
17 Dodger
17 BBQ
17 Evan
17 yloh
17 Conner
17 Papi
17 Kira
17 fugito
25 yojo
25 Nate
25 Budda
25 pig
25 Adambomb
25 Kevin D
25 tasteless
25 Mcrusty
33 zyko
33 LOSER
33 COMS

Results of doubles on 02/17/2007

1 Ultimate Sanchez
2 bff
3 4leafmangoclover
4 death note
5 Sesame Street Kings 2
5 sesame street kings
7 smokin`aesis
7 frts
9 the matrix!
9 CVsmashers
9 Batman family
9 Jack off in the box
13 Sassyladsonstrike
13 chutney
13 FLAK
13 TEAM GG
17 ICB
17 whoisKEN?

good biweekly :laugh:

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
YEAH RIGHT ! :)

here they areee

Results of singles on 02/17/2007

1 Ken
2 Knives
3 Hugo
4 DC
5 MANA
5 Omar
7 lucky
7 Pbody
9 Aesis
9 Blitz
9 Azeem
9 arash
13 araknophobic
13 Daminals
13 Jay
13 mango
17 Dodger
17 BBQ
17 Evan
17 yloh
17 Conner
17 Papi
17 Kira
17 fugito
25 yojo
25 Nate
25 Budda
25 pig
25 Adambomb
25 Kevin D
25 tasteless
25 Mcrusty
33 zyko
33 LOSER
33 COMS

Results of doubles on 02/17/2007

1 Ultimate Sanchez
2 bff
3 4leafmangoclover
4 death note
5 Sesame Street Kings 2
5 sesame street kings
7 smokin`aesis
7 frts
9 the matrix!
9 CVsmashers
9 Batman family
9 Jack off in the box
13 Sassyladsonstrike
13 chutney
13 FLAK
13 TEAM GG
17 ICB
17 whoisKEN?

good biweekly :laugh:
what the? B.T has a name..... oh god =_=

btw great biweekly, sorry i couldnt play that many friendlies with people as i would have liked but hey... maybe next time.

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
btw, I really need to know who is 100% sure to show up to the next biweekly for the Socal vs Vegas showdown so we can make a team to go up against them.

please PM or talk to me on AIM if you would like to have a shot to go up against vegas :)

manacloud1

Smash Champion
also

what astounded me was this was a small bi weekly with a huge skill turn out tournament. Lots of good people went , except for wolf gabe edreese, champ, and some others but others that rarely show aka azeem , knives, hugs, omar, showed so i was very suprised. Good **** though hopefully next biweekly we can get the same people showing with more people added on or something. Our house isnt big but we will try to accompany lots of people also if u have working cubes like not davids and tvs please be sure to bring it to the next bi weekly lots of people going!

as for the vegas thing we should make two teams a and b team. Any arguments here?

also i think lots of people will be hungry so we will collect 5 bucks from everyone and put it towards food if u want.

araknophobik

Smash Master
good biweekly
lol its like, everyone who usually goes...didn't come
and those who never come, showed up for this one
sorry i didn't say long and left so quick, i was just very tired and upset about my performance so i left.
my teampartner-sorry if i seemed upset, your pretty good for this being your first tournament. Im just used to doing so well in teams, so getting last place disturbed me a bit. but it happens, dont worry
knives-not in a tournament mood my ***...you ***** the **** out of me, and i guess you beat hugo too?! GG
Jay-i left while you were beating azeem. I guess you lost the set, but you got alot better man. good ****.
Lucky-I was playing so bad, im not pissed at you just more at myself, you played well though so congrats, hope to see you at another tourny
David-keeps getting younger at every tourny haha
Azeem-you shoulda teamed with me, we coulda beaten danimals and pbody >_<

I need a crew or a dependable team mate =/

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
knives-not in a tournament mood my ***...you ***** the **** out of me, and i guess you beat hugo too?! GG
LoL you are the most misinformed smasher in socal. You ALWAYS say things before doing any research on what actually is true. LoooooL #1 smasher for life.

Just an FYI, I took a forfeit and left after I lost to ken in winners finals cuz I had to work at 6. so I didn't even get to see what went on in losers. I didn't even play Knives.

So ken was the only person who beat me. Just an FYI.
HugS is still too good :)

EzynJAY

Smash Lord
fun tourney haha i love how ppl we beat in teams in winners placed higher and in singles the same thing >< but wateverz hard brackets lolz

ken-too good i tried to keep up lol

azeem-good **** dude on our set i tried to take it second match but u clutched it nice win

omar-your set was close with knivez man good **** your shiek is too good ^^

hugo-samus power ftw!!!! good **** on teams

aesis-sry i let u down in teams ><

fabian-just keep at it man u got a lot better

lucky-i won but u placed higher LOL so i guess u win in the end lol ^^

mango-still no rematch lol

david-no party thats a ***** move lol

danny-too good

oscar-getting 7th pbody lol iono randomz good ish

haha jay shoutouts something u dont really see ^^ u should feel special LOL jp too everyone i missed my badz just thug it lol

lol love my bracket this tourney couldnt beat good players when i needed 2 -.- but alwellz i guess theres next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom