• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Westminster, May 5th Biweekly

Status
Not open for further replies.

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
but how can a captain have so much power? That's unreal >_<
you say that to Aizen...

anyhow this is how it's gonna work...

We pick a B team, if Vegas manages to beat the B team, they get to play the A team. If not then Vegas sucks and socal rules :)

Arash

Smash Lord
will you have enough time for that?

EDIT: wtf @ tio... DSF is a breeze for me while ken and mike are my rivals?

Rickety

Peace and Love
I hope San Diego can come and have more fun and training at this upcoming biweekly! :]
To earn the right to fight the B team, they need to fight the D team: Rickety, Rick, Ricky, meyoulou, ricket :-P

P.S. The tio-tia connection is awesome, neal! :]

Thank you for putting creating player histories for me and Tony! :] We feel special since now, along with Pat and Edrees (and Dave!), we are the only San Diego players with them :]
Maybe that will change soon? (hint hint) :]

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Psh. Rival is someone you play a lot. Breezes and doozies are based on winning and losing percentage, specifically:

# of wins * winning %

for breezes and the opposite for doozies. So wobbles is a rival because you've played 4 sets, and he's a doozie because he's beaten you 3 of 4 times. That's good for 3 * (3/4) = 2.25 doozie points, which is second only to Ken/DSF's 4 doozie points.

Doozie is a funny word.

nublet06

Smash Lord
lol good luck with that because i wont be making it to this bi weekly. cant really spend valentines day with the girl when you have a night class. i will be in the are tho. fullerton is only 20 or so minutes away. maybe i can sneak away for some smash ahahaha.

Charoo

Smash Champion
according to tia gamma 1.2C

Ken and BoA is my rival!!! (edrees doesn't count cause he's in dsc)

Ken Taichou and Charoo Tips =)

Must beat both of them at the same tourney hehe >_<

2 Tails Kyuubi Mode?

Dodger

Smash Ace
aww man. I guess I'm not good enough to have rivals or even doozies and breezes. *pouts*

Ultra Luigi

Smash Ace
So in other words, I can take a controller that has auto fire so I can perform perfect Rising Down-Bs whenever I want? Don't you think that's wrong Mike, because I think is?

Dang Luigi, you'll never be as fast as Thunder so I’ll mod your controller so you can be just as fast as him. This is ridiculous!

manacloud1

Smash Champion
if you can do so

So in other words, I can take a controller that has auto fire so I can perform perfect Rising Down-Bs whenever I want? Don't you think that's wrong Mike, because I think is?

Dang Luigi, you'll never be as fast as Thunder so I’ll mod your controller so you can be just as fast as him. This is ridiculous!
if you can do so ultra im not going to stop you infact is what you said even possible. lol.

Arash

Smash Lord
i remember mike monkey vs ken in mario party, where mike got a rapid fire controller and ken didn't know about it, and ken STILL beat him in rapid A

i guess the moral of the story is, skill > mods

Ultra Luigi

Smash Ace
But, had Mike Monkey used a controller without rapid fire, Ken would have beat him even worse. Put some your effort and lose horrible, or put no effort and get better results?

This isn’t Mario party either; it makes a much bigger difference in Melee. My button mashing isn’t horrible but in some cases I would have lived had I mashed the button a bit faster. I’m sure the rapid fire controller has enough to make Luigi’s down-b go to its maximum height. Had I used one of those controllers, I would have survived and had a greater chance of winning the match.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
hmmm

But, had Mike Monkey used a controller without rapid fire, Ken would have beat him even worse. Put some your effort and lose horrible, or put no effort and get better results?

This isn’t Mario party either; it makes a much bigger difference in Melee. My button mashing isn’t horrible but in some cases I would have lived had I mashed the button a bit faster. I’m sure the rapid fire controller has enough to make Luigi’s down-b go to its maximum height. Had I used one of those controllers, I would have survived and had a greater chance of winning the match.
nah i dont think so. You say rapid fire helps but during the time ur playing smash , u dont have time to turn on and off rapid fire. If anything after the move ends your going to accidently do another move due to rapid fire which will just kill you. The argument here is mods in the physical world on controllers do not help the aspect of winning a match. However, making it easier to use isnt a cheat, its being smart and using a better tool then someone who has just bought a new controller and is breaking it in. If you actually got a fixed controller like people do you would understand otherwise your comming in from neals pov. Think about it this way is it cheating for one athlete to drink gatorade against another who just drinks water in a running competition?

Ultra Luigi

Smash Ace
nah i dont think so. You say rapid fire helps but during the time ur playing smash , u dont have time to turn on and off rapid fire. If anything after the move ends your going to accidently do another move due to rapid fire which will just kill you. The argument here is mods in the physical world on controllers do not help the aspect of winning a match. However, making it easier to use isnt a cheat, its being smart and using a better tool then someone who has just bought a new controller and is breaking it in. If you actually got a fixed controller like people do you would understand otherwise your comming in from neals pov. Think about it this way is it cheating for one athlete to drink gatorade against another who just drinks water in a running competition?
That’s where you’re wrong Mike. Luigi is a floaty character, giving someone enough time to switch it on if they wanted to. Also, most Luigi players tend to use the tornado right after they do a missile and you know that the missile animation is long so that gives people enough time to switch it on and allow them to use the rising tornado.

Not only that, the down b has enough lag at the end that it’s easy to turn it off as well, you would be very stupid to screw up after doing the tornado.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
lol

That’s where you’re wrong Mike. Luigi is a floaty character, giving someone enough time to switch it on if they wanted to. Also, most Luigi players tend to use the tornado right after they do a missile and you know that the missile animation is long so that gives people enough time to switch it on and allow them to use the rising tornado.

Not only that, the down b has enough lag at the end that it’s easy to turn it off as well, you would be very stupid to screw up after doing the tornado.
well i dont think so ultra, if thats an official controller from a company what makes it a mod then? Also just because u have rapid fire doesnt mean your guaranteed victory, saying you do is just an assumption.

emerican

Smash Ace
Think about it this way is it cheating for one athlete to drink gatorade against another who just drinks water in a running competition?
that makes absolutly no sense because when it involves smash, you're cheating to make you look better than you really are, and you are cheating other people out of their money..

in your analogy, gatorade is not be available to all the runners, so it puts those without it at a dissadvantage.

frankly, if i lost a close set to someone who used a mod'd controller to barely squeek by, who i would rapesies without a mod controller... well i'd call them a p*ssy, because its basically stealing money.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
lol

that makes absolutly no sense because when it involves smash, you're cheating to make you look better than you really are, and you are cheating other people out of their money..

in your analogy, gatorade is not be available to all the runners, so it puts those without it at a dissadvantage.

frankly, if i lost a close set to someone who used a mod'd controller to barely squeek by, who i would rapesies without a mod controller... well i'd call them a p*ssy, because its basically stealing money.
and if you call what i do is modded sure, i just use that term. If im cheating people out of their money why do they do it? it seems that your the one byching about it. Thats where i find it funny, people come to me to do it, i offer it else i wouldnt. Its as simple as that. If you dont know anything about it which you dont emerican then dont talk about it as you do right now. The question comes down to what do you think of as a modded controller. So far all i see is people dont know it is i am doing , people like what im doing, and you cant stand it. If it helps them play better then thats their benefit and if you lost to someone who used it thats cause you just suck.

emerican

Smash Ace
so this is a whole plan to make people thinks its ok to use mod'd controllers... then you interest them in the fact that you can mod the controllers for a handsome fee.. and then you make bank off it

im not stupid mike.

and i know you "mod" controllers for pros out there all the time which is complete bull**** because players more TALENT in their little finger lose because a player has no balls and 200$ sitting around to buy a mod'd control.

edit: and you somehow managed to edit in there that "i suck at smash"... such a tough guy.

2nd edit: then you take it out, make up your mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom