• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Westminster, May 5th Biweekly

Status
Not open for further replies.

nublet06

Smash Lord
lol ken says socal top 5 shouldn't be allowed to go against vegas crew, since it'd be unfair:)
yeah ken didnt really say it. but it was announced. i agree tho.....if i was going to east coast i would much rather get ***** my azen and mew2king and all those crazy guys instead of getting put up against their b team.

maybe we should just ask vegas who they want to play.

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
Hmm, I guess ken did say it, but through arash, which is odd, and makes it seem very unofficial.

But anyways, what's going on? Is ken making the rules or are the teams going to decide how we are going to play this?

I think it should be up to the captains/the regions to decide these types of rules.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
hmm

its okay hugo if you want i can just play for your spot in crew battles, ill use pink and no one can even tell the difference haha
heres the team i think who should play vegas, give everyone a chance to show or represent cali instead of those who always represent cali such as hugs, wolf, ken, arash , etc.

my team for against vegas

1) azeem
2) ezynjay
3) rofl
4) david c
5) azn lep

i personally feel that its always certain people who represent cali, but maybe its time for others to show their worthiness where we live. Hugs you can still be captain, a captain doesnt have to play he can still coach other plays to be able to beat out of staters. In doing this I think we will improve so cal's overall skill lvls instead of just top players. A good example is the ec players, even their "noobs" are considered highly qualified to play. Mew2king was a good example and same with dj before they became their really good players. Like david c's gotten really good.

EzynJAY

Smash Lord
well if we are gonna use noobs.....jay is def a good choice :p

lol nah but i like that idea. socal's usualy people would be too good IMO. and giving the new blood a chance to represent would be nice.
well id play for socal if they want me on the team its cool that some1 reconizes my skill cuz i know im not ranked but i know everyone is hate on me for being on the team -.-

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
woh woh woh woh woh. When did Ken become a mod? This doesn't bode well... haha Anways, I'm kinda opposed against the idea that we should use our "B team" Don't get me wrong, SoCal is incredibly deep and we'd probably still ****, but that's aside the point. I don't think that it's any of our intentions to make Vegas feel like they lost to our second rate players, if they're going to be beat I would assume they'd want to be beat by our best. Of course I could be wrong on this since I don't know the Vegas players personally, but that's just my 2 cents. If I were to make an A team, HugS list is perfection, for a B team no offense to Joe but Boa and Mike Y could fill that position.

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
Hmm, I guess ken did say it, but through arash, which is odd, and makes it seem very unofficial.

But anyways, what's going on? Is ken making the rules or are the teams going to decide how we are going to play this?

I think it should be up to the captains/the regions to decide these types of rules.
the fact is, there isn't much of a Gap between our B team and A team. You're saying as if ROFL doesn't even compare to Hugs DSF Edreese Wolf or even me (maybe he doesn't compare to me but he'll get there) lol

Or of that matter our other players such as, teba, david C, Azn lep etc

you can still be captain and strategize but if you feel that it isn't worth your time to come and be captain and not play then I'll be captain of the Socal team and Coach. That's fine :)

I want it to be a close and intense battle vs Vegas instead of Pure ****. I alone could probably take out all of vegas and probably DSF and Hugo too, so if we were to make an A team 1 or 2 of us would just play and it would not be Fun at all but just seeing ken combo's left and right or hugo camping the **** out of them. Vegas and socal both knows that they don't have many smash tournaments where they live compared to us and of course that suffers in to effect them being the underdog.

I plan this event to have lots of fun for both socal and vegas communities instead of being hard core about it. This doesn't mean that we can take things seriously and have fun at the same time. I also want to see how our average players do vs new players to see how much they've gotten better over the years since they usually don't travel out of state. Players that you've picked already have proven themselves and have gotten their chance to shine, it's time for our other players to shine.

I think Vegas would probably be happier to know they have a shot to win and go home as winners rather than get solidly ***** like they know they would if they went against our A team. They'd get humiliated even worse if just one of our players took out their whole crew instead of putting up a close and intense fight. I don't know what Vegas really thinks but I'd personally rather play the B team if I were in their shoes.

Furthermore, I have as much faith in our B team as much as Champ getting into CSULB and taking me out to a yaki niku dinner.

so Hugs if you Decline as team Captain, the people I'd choose for OUR B team would be

1)Azeem
2)DC
3)Azn lep
4)ROFL
5) Evan EZnJAy or Gabe

those are my 4 cents

Plus, I'm running the show, it was my idea in the first place, I invited/approve for vegas to come so my rules :laugh: not to sound like im a dictator of any kind (sarcasm) :chuckle:

HugS

Smash Champion
heres the team i think who should play vegas, give everyone a chance to show or represent cali instead of those who always represent cali such as hugs, wolf, ken, arash , etc.

1) azeem
2) ezynjay
3) rofl
4) david c
5) azn lep

i personally feel that its always certain people who represent cali, but maybe its time for others to show their worthiness where we live. Hugs you can still be captain, a captain doesnt have to play he can still coach other plays to be able to beat out of staters. In doing this I think we will improve so cal's overall skill lvls instead of just top players. A good example is the ec players, even their "noobs" are considered highly qualified to play. Mew2king was a good example and same with dj before they became their really good players. Like david c's gotten really good.
This is what I don't get.

You came at me saying that you would laugh your *** off at me and Socal if we lost because we chose to use our inexperienced players, and NOW you are telling me to pick players that have less experience than my original Team. I just find it extremely odd, and I don't know why you do this, but whatever.

It just seems very hypocritical.

And as for Vegas playing our "B team" I feel the complete opposite of Ken. People consider the WC the underdogs vs EC and I would never settle on playing their B team. So we shouldn't assume that Vegas wants to keep it easy.

I'll start picking a new team then, though I would like to hear from vegas first, unless ken really wants to do it 100% his way, then so be it.

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
so Hugs if you Decline as team Captain, the people I'd choose for OUR B team would be

1)Azeem
2)DC
3)Azn lep
4)ROFL
5) Evan EZnJAy or Gabe

those are my 4 cents

Hmmmm.... I like how MOST of the players you chose don't main Fox, Falco, Marth, Sheik, or Peach. Personally I'd like to see all of them not main those 5 but I like it so far. I would choose Gabe though because then you have Deep SoCal, Sesame Street, San Diego, Palmdale, and Super Friends represented. And obviously Yoshi over Marth so it's not the same 5 characters you fight in every tournament. We don't want SoCal to be cliche like everyone else.

nublet06

Smash Lord
yeah our b team def doesnt suck. ive lost to the people who got 1st and 2nd place at the last two tournaments ive been to. besides that ive lost to edrees all the time....and i have finally proven to myself that i can beat him now.

DC is friggen ****. 2nd place at the last bi weekly......top 5 at nearly every other tournament. he has also been doing great it teams. his only huge obstacles have been maybe deep socal....and for a while me. but now he has shown he can beat me.

azeem is azeem. its just rapesies...dont need to say anything else. probly never placed below 5th in a teams tournament. and easily top 10 every singles.

and azn lep beats everyone that is not a very good peach player....or very good marth player. if he could get passed those hurdles he would be a top 3 placing player nealy every time.

i think an A team vs B team crew battle could even be pretty close. depending on who the 5th person was. assuming no ken in A team.

SilentFox12345

Smash Cadet
I want to go to on Feb 17, but I'm a bit confused by your wording. For that date, we don't have to be any skill level or anything, right?
And when you say bringing plates and cups and $5 for food is not optional, do you mean that only if we want it we need to do that? Sorry, my wording is a bit weird also. Thanks.

EzynJAY

Smash Lord
yeah our b team def doesnt suck. ive lost to the people who got 1st and 2nd place at the last two tournaments ive been to. besides that ive lost to edrees all the time....and i have finally proven to myself that i can beat him now.

DC is friggen ****. 2nd place at the last bi weekly......top 5 at nearly every other tournament. he has also been doing great it teams. his only huge obstacles have been maybe deep socal....and for a while me. but now he has shown he can beat me.

azeem is azeem. its just rapesies...dont need to say anything else. probly never placed below 5th in a teams tournament. and easily top 10 every singles.

and azn lep beats everyone that is not a very good peach player....or very good marth player. if he could get passed those hurdles he would be a top 3 placing player nealy every time.

i think an A team vs B team crew battle could even be pretty close. depending on who the 5th person was. assuming no ken in A team.
well i know my tourney performances are lack luster and i dont beat many ranked players so its cool azn lep i understand if ud want boa or mike y before me they've proven themselves to be better marths but if u want an unranked marth then im probly close to the top for that or if u want a ranked person then gabe is the optimal choice watever u guys decide ill rep socal if im wanted on the team and if not then i wont.either way ill play the same ranked or unranked.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
lol

This is what I don't get.

You came at me saying that you would laugh your *** off at me and Socal if we lost because we chose to use our inexperienced players, and NOW you are telling me to pick players that have less experience than my original Team. I just find it extremely odd, and I don't know why you do this, but whatever.

It just seems very hypocritical.

And as for Vegas playing our "B team" I feel the complete opposite of Ken. People consider the WC the underdogs vs EC and I would never settle on playing their B team. So we shouldn't assume that Vegas wants to keep it easy.

I'll start picking a new team then, though I would like to hear from vegas first, unless ken really wants to do it 100% his way, then so be it.

who says im being hypocritical. All i stated was maybe other people should get a chance to try. I was laughing at the fact , how you think you always know whos good in so cal. People assign you or we allow you to be captain and the first thing you do is choose people who you think fit the criteria based off your own crew. You dont look at the overall players experience of who beats who and who has out of state experience. If the people you choosed lost then i would be laughing my *** off. Only because you viewed these top players as better than others. For once why dont you let someone else try instead of hugs comming to the rescue all the time?

WhiteOblv

Smash Ace
As far as our b team goes. Id pick jay over me, im not as good as any of the players mentioned in our b team =/. Tho it would be nice to be on there and at least TRY to prove myself haha.

Take jay or gabe they are much better players than I and have alot more exp.

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
I want to go to on Feb 17, but I'm a bit confused by your wording. For that date, we don't have to be any skill level or anything, right?
And when you say bringing plates and cups and $5 for food is not optional, do you mean that only if we want it we need to do that? Sorry, my wording is a bit weird also. Thanks.
sorry, that was for the special biweeklies which has passed long ago. I didn't update the 1st page due to laziness but I just did.

you can come to the biweekly if you're from socal and if you are not banned, however if you are not from socal, PM me or manacloud and we can compromise on something.

Edit: first off we need to know 100% who's going to the vegas biweekly and then we can make a team. we don't want to make a team and hope some people are going to show

zeta

Smash Journeyman
I want it to be a close and intense battle vs Vegas instead of Pure ****. I alone could probably take out all of vegas and probably DSF and Hugo too, so if we were to make an A team 1 or 2 of us would just play and it would not be Fun at all but just seeing ken combo's left and right or hugo camping the **** out of them. Vegas and socal both knows that they don't have many smash tournaments where they live compared to us and of course that suffers in to effect them being the underdog.

I think Vegas would probably be happier to know they have a shot to win and go home as winners rather than get solidly ***** like they know they would if they went against our A team. They'd get humiliated even worse if just one of our players took out their whole crew instead of putting up a close and intense fight. I don't know what Vegas really thinks but I'd personally rather play the B team if I were in their shoes.
wowzers i can't believe we suck that bad :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

for the record
zeta=hugs in skill

i was there when you introduced hugs as the next big thing in socal that was at mlg san diego i believe and you wanted him to play cloudsquall but he had me play in his place since then i've had a lot of run ins with hugs it was close then and it is still close now. just ask hugs himself every match between him and me have been close and i actually took a couple away at oc2

and
cloudsquall>>dsf

ask dsf what happened at the mlg la last year

as far as the grand master of smash, ken, we have no idea how bad he could beat us...:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

hugQ Cortex

Master
for the record
zeta=hugs in skill

and
cloudsquall>>dsf
Sounds to me like the Vegas smashers think they can take on the A Team. It doesn't sound like they think SoCal's top 5 will **** 'em. Since they think they can stack up, I think SoCal should challenge their opinion by using their A Team, if you know what I mean. ;)

Though I'm not against using B Team either. In fact, I'm all for using B Team so that they have a chance to shine. But for effect, let me just restate:

for the record
zeta=hugs in skill

and
cloudsquall>>dsf

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
i'm sooooooooo glad I'm not listed on top 5 :D :D

i hope i can make it to this feb 17th bi weekly. Things are looking busy this weekend (got a huge take home mid term) and might have other things to do saturday morning but i hope i can make it, want to attend every smash tourny I can right now :D

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Just ****ing use the A team. We don't want people ripping on Socal because a crew from Vegas did really well against us and stuff - dont underestimate ANYONE

HugS

Smash Champion
Also as for hugs, being captain, i personally dont care who is captain, if so cal picks 5 guys who they think are soooo good to beat vegas and end up losing im just going to laugh my *** off. Note, just because players in so cal are good against so cal players doesnt mean they are good against other players from other states. Whoever you choose to represent so cal reflects on how everyone views us as an overall. If the 5 players you select loses to vegas, i dont want to hear johns from palmdale, superfriends, deepsocal, or any other crew in so cal.

Good example, when hugs fought king at champ combo. Match up matters. Also i want to point out the fact that people from each crew wants their players to play so this idea of selecting 5 already is just a waste of time. Imo, players with the most experience outside of cali has a greater chance but ill let so cal decide on this one and watch the outcome.

I dont care if you want me to play or not either. If hugs is captain so be it. No matter who he picks theres going to be *****ing. Also since hes taking all the blame already which i dont mind ill be waiting to see who he chooses thats if he FINALLY DECIDES TO SHOW TO THIS BI WEEKLY.

1) azeem
2) ezynjay
3) rofl
4) david c
5) azn lep

who says im being hypocritical. All i stated was maybe other people should get a chance to try. I was laughing at the fact , how you think you always know whos good in so cal. People assign you or we allow you to be captain and the first thing you do is choose people who you think fit the criteria based off your own crew. You dont look at the overall players experience of who beats who and who has out of state experience. If the people you choosed lost then i would be laughing my *** off. Only because you viewed these top players as better than others. For once why dont you let someone else try instead of hugs comming to the rescue all the time?
You contradict yourself in so many ways.

manacloud said:
You dont look at the overall players experience of who beats who and who has out of state experience.
The players I chose have some of the best OOS experience in socal. And in picking any team for any crew battle, I always pick the best we got.

manacloud said:
If the people you choosed lost then i would be laughing my *** off. Only because you viewed these top players as better than others.
You said you would laugh at socal if we lost WAY before the fact that I accepted the responsibilities of team Captain and WAY before choosing my team. What you are saying about me is a completely different issue and don't try to act as if that is what you were saying the whole time. Cuz you weren't.

Your initial post that I quoted at the very top IMPLIES that you would laugh your *** off if I chose an inadequate team made up of inexperienced players. I chose a team made up of SOME of the most experienced and skilled socal players, and then you come saying you think I should pick less experienced players.

Manacloud, that's called being a hipocryte. I'm done arguing with you, cuz I know how your arguments go/end. There's no point.

thecupid

Smash Rookie
aight this time im really coming... sorry my friends bailed on me and it just wasn't gunna work out... I can bring a cube for sure on the 17th... TV... well... ill try.

ChuDat

Smash Master
When are the Vegas playerz coming ?

Im on spring break from March 9 - 18. Maybe I could stir up some things.

Gabe/Wolf better be ready for me when I play them in Dragon Ball Z budokai tenkaichi 2 :chuckle: . U guyz know how to get out of my turning ur azzez around trick ? LOLZ

DragonBallz Crews should b like -
1.Ken
2.ChuDat
3.Manacloud
4.Arash
5.Helen

vs

1.Hugs
2.Gabe
3.Wolf
4. insert random guy
5. insert random guy

TOO GOODZ !

Straight

Smash Journeyman
Lol Bring it.HugS doesnt even play, but it doesnt matter cuz we would still **** :chuckle:
When can we expect chu datz triumphant return?

We should probably do the crew battle my brothers way or we can just send me in with 20 stock for no reason. MMMmmm.

Charoo

Smash Champion
It finally makes sense now, Ken is a Vaizard!!! No wonder why it's hard to take him down >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom